Reviews for The Covenant and the Oath
Scarylady chapter 31 . 5/22
This is great! I love more Watson-centric fic, especially one that explores his life as a soldier-I feel that doesn't get as much attention in the fandom. 3 Anyway, I also loved Dr. Ives in all his grouchy glory. :3 I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Nearing Midnight chapter 31 . 11/4/2015
Another amazing story, and an excellent read!
PoisonIvy7 chapter 31 . 4/2/2015
An excellent read. Loved the original character, the partnership of Watson and Holmes, and the case itself! The epilogue was the perfect icing on top.
tripleransom chapter 31 . 1/24/2014
Another tightly plotted casefic. This one kept my attention completely all the way through. Very nice characterisations of both Holmes and Watson. Ives is also a neat addition - he could have come straight from the pen of ACD himself.
Well done, guys!
Dogmatil chapter 31 . 9/20/2013
Loved it so much! This story just had the perfect mix of danger and fun. The sparring between Holmes and Ives where just riddiculously brilliant, I really came to love that man.
hjohn302 chapter 31 . 4/11/2013
Very, very good and I greatly enjoyed it!

I like the conclusion, and the panel that Watson was going to be a part of... and the teasing back and forth of the two of them at the end.

Thank you for a wonderful story (and yes, I did stay up too late to finish it, but it was well worth it!) :-)
hjohn302 chapter 21 . 4/11/2013
ok... wait...
I have been reading this story from the beginning. Well after you have originally published it. And I know that there are more chapters awaiting me, and that the story is complete... yet I find myself having to post this...

... WHAT?!

This is an insane cliffhanger!

I am so glad to see Holmes and Ives coming to the same conclusion at the same time (maybe they will reconcile their differences for the sake of their mutual friend...) But good grief!

I have to tell you, you would be getting much more of a rant from me if I didn't know that I could keep on reading and find out what was going on right away!

My word... onward I go, because there is no way I am going to be able to sleep tonight until I know the outcome of this story!
sitting.waiting.watching chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Heh. Holmes never fails to make me laugh. Even when him and Watson are quarreling, which is always sad. I can't wait to get into the thick of this!
sitting.waiting.watching chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
I have never read any of your other stories, but by the looks of this I'm going to have to now! Characters are actually in character (they do that on occasion...) and its a great opening, great hook. It's just... really good!
falconer54 chapter 18 . 11/15/2012
I have a feeling something bad is going to happen- and yes, I know I already have read the story, but I had the feeling as I first read this chapter. As for Watson's other option, I quite agree with Holmes that it would be idiotic to offer oneself as a target. Great chapter.
falconer54 chapter 15 . 11/8/2012
Without doubt one of my favorite chapters in this fanfic. I think having it in Holmes' p.o.v. Allowed for more angst. (which you now know I am a big fan of)
I like having Holmes snap, it makes him seem more human.
falconer54 chapter 14 . 11/8/2012
More angst! As you can tell by now, I absolutely enjoy reading that type of angst! Holmes is learning quite a lot about Watson's service. I loved the parallels between Watson and Robinson, too!
falconer54 chapter 13 . 11/8/2012
The plot thikens... Sorry, couldn't resist. Yet another good chapter.
falconer54 chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
Good chapter- but how did Holmes manage to find his stuff in that disaster area?
falconer54 chapter 10 . 11/8/2012
Yay! More angst! I loved the qoute at the beginning of this chapter as well.
I think Watson grasping for his revolver was a good detail that made the whole scene come to life.