Reviews for Copper Penny
WithABunny chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
The connection...well, blood tastes metallic, like a coin. And Matt was covered with plenty of blood.

Not only that, but there is also a tradition in which coins (not sure if they're pennies) are layed over the eyes of the dead.

The most farfetched explanation I can come up with, though, is that Matt made a wish with the coin, one involving Mello, who died. And of course Matt died as well. Not only that, Matt had wanted death to taste like cigarettes.

What I'm basically saying is, perhaps the words "death wish" have something to do with it.

I honestly don't know what the connection between the penny and death was in your mind, but I like how you encouraged us to interpret it. I can't quite figure out how death would masquerade as a copper penny, as was stated in the last line, though.

Anyway, your ability to express so much in such a concise manner is something enviable. How do you do this?
Kanki Youji chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
As always, 'tis great. Poor Matt. I always do feel sorry for him...

Blood tastes like copper?

Or...

I dunno... The Presadent who's face rides on the penny was shot, and so was Matt? I DUNNO!
foppery chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Nice. Short, but nice.

Is the way death tastes like a copper penny referencing to blood tasting like metal?

That's what I got, but if I'm wrong, it was still good.
QualityRachni chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Connection is that death is when the final penny drops on how you feel about things.

Good story!
twentyfiveraven chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
I'm not sure what the connection between death & pennies; what I came up with is that blood has a really metallic taste (which is totally un-creative and probably wrong) :s

Excellent, and I like the length. Loved that bit about Matt's wish.