Reviews for Fatale
ProfesseurBlinis chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
Oh god! It's awful! I almost begin to cry at the end when I remembered that Susan is the only one of her family alive! It must be soooo hard! Thank you for writing this! I agree with the fact that I don't think Susan stopped believing in Narnia, it was just too hard to think about it whereas she knew she couldn't go there again!
Thank you, really! It was beautiful to read!
Love from France!
Trebleclef2 chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
That was an absolutely stunning story; I loved your characterisation of Susan. I was just wondering if in your head you were implying that Lucy and the others committed suicide? The way she said that they were going to 'try to go back' made me think so. I never considered that the train crash could have happened like that before before, what an awfully tragic idea... In any case, thanks for sharing :-)
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
How ironic that of all nights, she chose that night to wear black.
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
This was excellently written, and very very sad.

A fine piece.

Clio1792
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
This is heartbreaking. Wow. Poor, poor Susan.

I like how you had the beginning bits where her siblings are trying to figure out where the Susan they know has gone. Each of those were extremely insightful.

Perhaps Lucy's acceptance of Susan anyway was the most pathetic (in some sort of good way) bit of the story.

But then I love how you crafted the rest of the story to flow from Susan's pov like that.

And bringing in the crash like that at the end... really powerful.

Sapphireswimming
34Deleted12 chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
This is really intense and beautiful. The way you use words to describe Susan and her family's feeling for her as she changes is just fantastic. The ending really resounds with a sense of finality. Brilliant job.
ArthursShadow chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
OMG I love this! I got Susan before, but now it's even clearer... Lovely done! :)
Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This gets to me so much more than it's supposed to. I understand Susan, I understand the pain. This year, I have lost my faith. And it feels this way, in a sense. Different execution, same circumstance. Sorry for the blabber, but the point is, thank you so much for writing that. Everything about it was so beautiful and true. This has got to be one of the most beautiful and saddest shots I've ever read. You did a great job.
Sumhope chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I have loved this series since childhood. Not for the religious references but rather for the adventure and escape that the pages offered. One lasting disappointment for me was how cs lewis dismissed Susan. How he cited her maturity into sexual awareness as the sin that barred her from Narnia. I felt it did the character a great injustice.

Thank you for writing this fic. It seems almost a redemption of sort for the books. Because your Susan is deep and complicated just as she should be.
Le Lynx des Neiges chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I'm litteraly dissolving into tears right now. It's so sad, and I want Susan to be happy but it seems like she'll never ne, and - God, "Lucy still thinks she's beautiful".
Bottle of Smoke chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Though from the looks of your profile you are no longer active here, I just wanted to tell you anyways that I loved this story, and your take on Susan. I don't think I've met anyone who has made Susan's motivation to turn to 'lipstick and nylons' as a way to get back her former glory days. I think that's the best, and truest, explanation as to why Susan turned away from Narnia. She wasn't trying to distance herself - she was just trying to get back to it the closest way she knew, which was sadly the worst way.

Thank you for writing this - it was beautifully written and heart-breaking.
Enthusiastic Fish chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
I pretty much never read fanfiction for anything beyond one television show, but this one was recommended and it's something I always wondered about when I read The Last Battle (over and over and over again). Even though I loved reading what happened in Narnia, I always felt sad that Susan wasn't there...and I wanted her to be there.

This is tragic and beautiful.
bethemoon chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
"Lucy still thinks she is beautiful."

Bravo. That was a lovely, lovely story, very touching and wonderful, and heartbreaking by the end.
LunaNigra chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Loved it!

Luna
WingedFlight chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
Wonderfully written! So sad, and so beautiful... *sigh* Good job!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »