Reviews for Piano Man
drapetomaniac chapter 10 . 5/25
Dear lord. I was not expecting to be buried in this. I'm mostly commenting because it is 4am and I have been reading for over 3 hours and I need a break but I want to type out all of my thoughts.
Beyond amazing. I'm intrigued with the issues and problems brought up in the narrative. I loved GS4, but felt like there were too many holes, too many unanswered questions. It made me so curious and I hoped so bad it would continue with the plot of the faults within the legal system, the understanding of how law could never be cleanly nailed down. This fic explored that, brought some light to my very, incredibly small and miniscule knowledge of the topic. I am particularly impressed with the interaction between Phoenix and his mentor Mia. It was felt like such a cool moment. It could've been written for a movie, or something. I am just so incredibly impressed. All the little things. Mentioning the dependancy on modern technology, relying on the results rather than how the results came about was so interesting to me.
The development between chatacters, pondering over where the line stands, if there should be a line, existed with the forgery, with justice and truth and all that. Being the force that makes a change. Being a hero, in some eyes. It was just so cool and refreshing to read. Not gonna lie a little intimidating too haha but it was an interesting read. It's not canon, but I feel like it filled in the little holes, gave me closure that I ached from GS4 and honestly it keeps me imagining and wondering.
Your use of language, you made your characters alive through their interactions and reactions, emotions and setting rather than spelling it out. And honestly, you kept that cheeky comedy I love so much from the games (I laughed out loud at some of Phoenix's lines. Oh how I wish he kept more of that bad-ass cheeky character in GS5!) The dialogue was in-character, so delicately chosen. My heart ached when the characters were suffering and felt tense when shit was getting real. You know how to write. You know how to encapture someones emotions and tug and manipulate the heartstrings with words.
I'll read the rest tomorrow, but for now my mind is racing with all of these ideas and theories and emotions. Fantastic read. I completely forgot I clicked this for Wright/Edgeworth. God damn. I applaud you. Also I'm sorry if my comment is complete nonsense it's nearly 4am and I don't know what i'm rambling about words are everywhere
PerilsofRosella chapter 10 . 2/5/2014
This is one of the most touching things I have ever read. Please know that your story have shaped not just my own fan fictions, but my fanon. You're writing is intimate, professional, and imaginative. I wish you nothing but good things in your future. Finally, thank you for sharing these stories. I cherish them.
PerilsofRosella chapter 11 . 10/16/2013
How... how do you do this to me?!

Basically, when I saw you (YOU) had updated, I freaked out.

This chapter is amazing, much like your previous works. I can't wait to read the next one. Thank you so much for writing, I love reading it.
Naruta13 chapter 11 . 8/11/2013
love the fanfic, man i missed reading ace attorney fics, i found this because i found someone fangirling about this fanfic updating after like five years on the ace attorney tag on tumblr, question though, will the recent chapters have spoilers for gyakuten saiban5 (dual destinies)? will wait for update
fatalfeline chapter 11 . 8/10/2013
You don't know how incredibly happy I am that you updated this! This is pretty much my favorite fan fiction of all time. I just happened to google myself back here since something reminded me of this story so I was going to send out a link for it to recommend it once again... when I saw that you had updated it not even a month before! I actually haven't read through PM in a few years, but I always feel this really distinct impression or mood when I read this and it all came right back in your new chapter. It was really wonderful... all the emotional stuff was always my favorite ah ha ha... I hope you go back and put up more stuff that was in your hard drive! And though the spin-offs and Dual Destinies may interfere with how you imagined events, maybe Dual Destinies can inspire some new material! Of course, that's all up to you. I'd given up hope that you'd update at all a long time ago. It always felt a bit incomplete without telling how Phoenix and Miles got together in the first place... but I suppose that has still yet to be told. :)
Into Insanity chapter 11 . 8/1/2013
I'm extremely pleased to see that you're continuing this story! I absolutely adore Edgeworth's interaction with Trucy; it's exactly how I would expect him to handle a child. Your writing is phenomenal, as usual. Keep up the fantastic work!
sohesy chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
I'm really enjoying this story! I love seeing an explanation for where everyone was during GS4, and knowing that Phoenix wasn't alone.

Are you going to do any vignettes about how they actually got together?
CatMuto chapter 11 . 7/26/2013
Don't know the song, but I like this chapter.
Good, realistic conversations between Miles and Phoenix that couples would have in similar situations.

Guest chapter 11 . 7/26/2013
Omg Belgium YES. Thank you French for teaching me why Belgium is an amazing country in Europe.

... Reluctant!Papa!Miles is adorable. Thank you for updating; I hope to see more.
Tsuukiyomi chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
...Well, I see that you made a Trauma Center reference for this one, and the previous chapter...Well played, well played...Good job.
xx winter calls chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Gah, I meant to review earlier but I forgot to, and then I forgot the title of the fic. So I'm reviewing now.

I have no idea why this fic has so few reviews. It's superbly written, with extremely little typos and/or errors. The pacing is perfect, and you've captured everyone's emotions and characters, as well as keeping them in character in the first place. I laughed hysterically in places, and then cried like there was no tomorrow.

Will you ever continue this, if it's not already finished? I can see how the story could end there, but...this story is just so insanely /epic/ that I would probably die of joy if it was ever updated again.

This is too good to leave un-favourited :D
CatMuto chapter 5 . 7/24/2012
Compound open fractures... must've been some fall, considering the femure is the strongest bone in the body. And my mom came home from having the metal taking out of her 9 month old open arm fracture, so I can see all that Edgeworth will have to deal with. I know it's sick, but hearing all that medical jargon and what all he has broken ... kinda hot.

CatMuto chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
Sweet, hot, then back to sweet. And I gotta check up on that song later, for now I need sleep.

CatMuto chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
I have to say, reading hetero in Phoenix Wright is ... unusual for me, hehe. But I love the length and the various scenes being either hilarious or comforting.

CatMuto chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I was so tempted to sing out loud when the lyrics came up. My mom would do it - heck, she does it in public! XD
Old Phoenix and Old Edgeworth ... *hard to imagine*