Reviews for Not Yet
Martin Baker chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
So Elphy dies in the book? That's good to know. I really like the way you handle this piece. Not too drawn out and anxty, but with enough sadness to perfectly accent the happiness in the idilic scene you painted. Nicely penned. A true masterwork!
Drop Your Oboe chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I don't think I've ever seen anything from Chuffrey's point of view. Can't say I didn't like it, though it is a little odd, but minor characters get their fifteen minutes too. It's nice to be able to think of him as something other than the rich old guy Glinda married.

I can picture Glinda being a really good mother, though, with the stories and suchlike, and her being- well, like you said, really happy with being a mother, almost like a little kid herself. Fabala is a little difficult to picture- blonde hair and dark eyes? (But that's my problem, I guess, not yours. The only blonde people I know are my cousins, and they've got lighter eyes, which is probably where that's coming from. Also, blue eyes aren't a dominant trait, so it actually makes more sense that Fabala wouldn't have them.)

And the bit at the end, with the bottle? Perfect.

Oh, sweet Oz. I just read the end again (it makes me smile so much) and I was about to say, "You should have called this 'Not Yet.' " Ahh. Nice work, I'll stop now before my brain goes completely out on me...
ReallyUhSharp chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Awe, how lovely. I do love your writing!

It's interesting that you chose Lord Chuffrey's viewpoint, but I can't deny that it worked.

Fabala- what a perfect name for Glinda's daughter. And it's nice that you tied in the infamous wicked Witch story; I'm sure Glinda's confident that Elphaba isn't gone forever D
danderson chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
i love those lines in the book, and you use them brilliantly and beautifully here. really well done, a great little moment. bittersweet, as it should be.

d~
Tiggy the Hopeless Romantic chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Aww. I really like this. You have it marked as complete, but I could see a story starting with this.

Just food for thought.

xoxox

Tiggy
DefiGraviti chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Great job! I love that she insisted on naming her Fabala, and you seem to have caught her character really well.
Pseudonym Jareth chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
That was way short... Um... let's say, i loved your choice of words and how you wrote it. Problem, it was nothing. no plot, just written after some random snapshot of Glinda and her life, then the randomness of a story that was not related in anyway, besides the whole book thing. So yes, i hate your idea and how you wrote it, but your style is good.

Rain