Reviews for Somebody's Children
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
It's always heartbreaking to think of what Light's parents who think of him.

You write afterlife very well.

I loved the Kafka reference. "Maybe for some, it's true that nothing changes" lol
AngelicRose8 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Ooh, I wanted to see what happens when Mr. Yagami comes across Light in the afterlife. You should continue for that O_O

By the way, this was awesome!
nameless reviewer chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
oh, oh, this is heartbreaking.
anjuhleenuh chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I absolutely love this -

Your idea of the afterlife is very intriguing.

I never really thought about how Soichiro would feel if/when he found out Light is Kira; your portrayal of his pain was very touching.

The part with Mello and his mother made me laugh :) (“Mom, could you stop talking about that already? I don’t blame you for dying, okay? What, do you think you’re some kind of horrible bitch for not being immortal? Dad knifed you in the gut, okay, that’s his fault. Stop blaming yourself and go kick hisass.”)
Cooper Writer Crafter chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
This is extremely breathtaking not too mention very disturbing. There's a chill in my bone when I go about the paragraphs and I can feel excitement as the story nears to conclusion..

"He doesn't have answers to any of these things, and epiphanies will do him no good, now. . He has fuzzy visions of another world, and a tiny room in this one. And that is all that he'll have until Light Yagami, his much-loved crime, arrives."

It was excellent. I've always wondered what it would be like for Soichi to know that his son is the great Kira. I mean, he has the most influence in his son, being a crime fighter for years. I think Soichi, by the looks of his position, is one of 'em old-fashioned cops who do believe for the better good. And seeing that his son..

It's like Harry from Dexter (if you have watched that show. I think it was discussed in DeathGod forum once) He is the adoptive dad of Dex and he tried so hard to control his son's impulses. He said to use it for terminating bad guys. Soichi, however, seemed not to go that way. He hesitated writing Mello's name in the DN, showing he never believed for "an eye for an eye."

Well, like I said, your story captured Soichi in the sweetest angle because I like him. I like him as much as I like the whole NPA. And I'm a sucker for old cops (Captain Brass from CSI and Ray Liotta's Henry Oak from NARC are some of my favorites.) And Soichiro is also on that list. So is Aizawa.
techiyona chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I like this a lot - seeing Soichiro's POV when he knows that Light is Kira. The comparison with Mello and his mother is very touching. Fave for sure :D
The Lost and Found Box chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Oh My...

You friggin' made me cry. I really would like to see some kind of continuation of this story, or at least concept.

Also, it was sweet to see Mello with his ma!
lul wut chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Beautiful. There aren't enough Soichiro-centric fics out there, and this one was excellently done. You captured his emotions perfectly, and he seemed just so... real! I loved the story. And Mello's mom is adorable. :P
LawliPop chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Oh my god, I love this!

I love the whole image of the Afterlife you've created - especially the part about the pains you felt during death staying with you. That doesn't sound pleasant at all, but it seems to fit. (Makes me laugh knowing Light will have to suffer all his bullet wounds plus heart attack pains. He definitely deserves it! :[ )

I feel so bad for Soichirou. ( I liked that he died thinking Light wasn't Kira, since he was really the most righteous character in the show and shouldn't have had to suffer knowing what a monster his son was. At the same time, though, if he was watching on from the afterlife there's no way for him to avoid finding out. I just feel awful for him. God, Light.. you make everyone suffer! ;

Anyways, great story! I love it.
shadowphantomness chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Thank you for writing this. I found it brilliant and awesome and heartbreaking because Soichiro is still trying to deny the fact that Light is Kira. It's also kind of creepy how Mello's mother knows what he did and still forgives, and even admires, him for it. Another point I enjoy is that you did not try to spin this into a sappy 'Light and L meet after death and have hot man sex with solves everything lalala' story.

All in all, everyone seemed pretty in character. Good work!