Reviews for The Last Girl
Rosy-Fingered-Dawn chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Ahh I always knew there was something between them! Or I've just been on FF too long...

Anyway, brilliant job!

013bela chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
This is really great, is rare to see them somewhat interacting.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
A great story. Very well written.
4Blu chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I don't know why, but Javert/Fantine is my favorite pairing. This is definitely a very well-written story, though I can't see Javert feeling sorry for her even before getting to know her. Otherwise, it's great. I wish I saw more of this pairing around here.
Sythar chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Javert/Fantine isn't one of my ships, but I rather liked this. You took the effort to make Javert halfway human. Kudos. He's a tad OOC, and I'm not exactly certain what the Inspector is doing hanging about the red light district - wouldn't that be a duty for one of his sergeant-de-ville?

But - well written and excellently carried out. :)
Bramblefox chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
This is gonna make me cry...*tears* Deep down, I'm a bit of a J/F fan. But very slightly. I like how this is written though...makes ya wonder what would have happened if Javert instead of Valjean had taken pity on Fantine.
Alexis Erika Rose chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Not bad. I liked it ]
PhantomInspector chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Hmm, quite interesting. I'm somewhat drawn to fics that give an original but believable portrayl of the relationship between Javert and Fantine. I think the only part that made me do a double take was "Javert's intrinsic compassion for the underdog," and I immediate thought, "Compassion for the underdog? Wouldn't that conflict with his respect and devotion to authority?" But I thought about it and I guess I can see how the case can be made. After all, being born an outcast, he spent over half of his life trying to prove that he was worth something to society. So I suppose I could see why he would feel sorry for the "underdog," even if he didn't feel he should. Other than that, I like how you painted the picture of the redlight district, how prostitutes are not generally referred to by their names, and the name Javert gives Fantine. I think Javert did really know her name in the book, but the concept is still a nifty one. And I chuckled at the Notre Dame and Moulin Rouge references. :) The funniest part is that IMO, anime!Javert (from Shoujo Cosette) kinda looks like the lovechild of Disney's animated versions of Frollo and Esmeralda. XD