Reviews for Heroes
Sweetmd24 chapter 1 . 6/20
such a beautiful.. beautiful story! ty for sharing this with us! :)
Questfan chapter 1 . 5/16
That was a wonderfully well written story that satisfied on so many fronts. The angst and depth of despair for each of them just intensified as it went on and for a moment I thought you were actually going to kill off Joe. The snippets of humour worked so well to bring out more of the characters and I just loved it. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Very exciting and well written.
Pt29646 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Very exciting and well written.
jinxcat21 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This story is actually what led me to find you. I was scrolling through B& looking for something and saw this book titled "Best of Bonanza". Downloaded a free sample and was reminded of my childhood love for the western. It was easy to make the jump from published work to FanFic pen name.

A very well written story. I especially love the part where Adam is trying to keep Joe's attention on him. That's a big brother move that defines just how tight the family was supposed to be. And the courage quote at the end just about sums up all the actions everyone takes during the story (the heroes and their neighbors, that is - not the villains). Keep writing!
mudstalker chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Another good story! I love your writing; your characters are spot on and your descriptions are amazing. I like the last line the best, "Courage is simply fear that has said its prayers." Did you get that from a quote book or come up with it yourself? Thanks for writing, and keep at it!
Kitty O chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I like that Mrs. Hayward. Girl power!

"and I know there's a good chance I might be beatin' Joe and Adam to heaven, but that's okay. I'm used to clearin' the way." that's got to be my favorite line out of everything I've read by you.

I'm beginning to see a pattern... They are in a normal Cartwright situation, like always, but this time they actually get shot. And then Adam and Joe are whumped on, mostly Joe. And then you write beautifully from Hoss POV, and then Joe nearly dies.

Eh?

I loved it!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Trolling through FFN looking for some good old stories and found this gem. Nicely done.

You OCs (good and bad guys) were nicely used and described.
TI Lizard chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I was wondering who the two were that got hurt- but of course it’s Adam and Joe, they’re the best at that it seems. You’ve got several good lines in here from Adam- “I have always been amazed by Joe's propensity to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.” “Some might not think lying still is the most heroic action to take, but there's a time for heroics and there's a time for common sense.” Thank you for that last one! Those boys always are rushing into things, it’s nice to see them slow down once in a while. Joe’s got a good line too about being late to pick up Janie after all. Hoss has a great one that just about sums up the relationship between them all “I don't know what I can do for either of my brothers, but if we're gonna die today, we ain't gonna do it scattered across the room from each other.”

You’ve described the action well. I can follow along and see our poor boys rolling about on the floor. Too many times I try to picture what’s going on, and the logistics of everyone’s movements become quite impossible. I more or less managed to keep track of all the movements of the characters here, so great job.

“Everything is going to be all right. I hear my father's words again, and I wonder if they are simply a statement of belief in miracles. A faith in Providence stepping in and changing something as abominable as a man's fist striking his dead brother into a thing of blessed reprieve….

I shiver again and allow Hoss to push me back down onto the floor as he presses new bandages against my side, and I watch Mrs. Hayword tear yet more strips of petticoat from beneath her dress to hand to him. Some women these days choose to go about with a bare minimum of petticoats; thank goodness Mrs. Hayword is a more fashionable type. More of Providence's work there, I expect.”

Ooh, you’re good. *shivers* And the commentary about her petticoats reminds me of the episode where Hoss says he won’t tease Adam any more about wearing clean shirts.

I could go on and on. This was a wonderful piece. The pacing was perfect, the bond between the brothers was spot on, and I loved how Mrs. Hayword got ahold of herself and showed some girl power. And got some new pearls too! You’re brilliant!
cat94208 chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Wow. This was a really well written story. I loved the different view point and how you showed how much they all care for each other. This is going on my favorites list.
unnaturalstories chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
that i say might have been one of the best bonanza stories i have read. How it was told from everybody's point of view and just the story line was very well thought out. I didn't see any spelling mistakes at all and the characters defiantly well stayed in character. This was a very good story. BRAVO!
shortierockette chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
ok, so, i'm starting to think i read this fourth and possibly screwed up my brilliant plan to review in order of reading, but whatever!
1st; the first thing adam says, i did a big lol at! that's our little joe!
2nd; your first person style is very in-character. it's also unique from the format how your other ones are written, so this was a refreshing and intriguing change.
3rd; yay, a female character who's not a love interest but is actually a crucial piece to the overall story! as you can probably guess, i love this show loads, but it's always kinda annoyed me how it's always had a propensity to have very poor female characters.
4th; the ending with the gift- aren't they just the coolest family ever? seriously, how many people would figure out such a nice way to thank her?
kenzmom chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Wonderful Story! This has to be one of my favorites!
Mulderette chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Another wonderful story. I can't say how much I love your writing. This was a very suspenseful story and I loved how you wrote from all the characters' points of view. I don't know what made me decide to start reading Bonanza fanfics today but I'm so glad I did - looking forward to reading the rest of your stories :)
leftygal chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
That was a fantastic story; one of the best I've read in a long time, in any fandom. I loved the different points of view, the story telling and your ability to keep everyone in character. Your own characters were perfect as well, covering every range of human nature from "hero" to coward. This made my day! You have an amazing talent, so please, keep writing!