Reviews for A World of Hurt
diana hemmings chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Good story,readable, gripping,would. have made a good episode
mudstalker chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
I really liked this one a lot! I love how you had the story from Joe's POV; the reflections about his childhood were nice since we don't often get to hear about the boy's pasts. Hoss is the steady rock as always, and Adam was awesome. Great characterization!
spycat chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
I would like a sequel of Ben finding his sons along with the brothers being alright.

This was such a great story. You did a nice job writing the Cartwright brothers.
Legacy222 chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Oh My!

This story was soooooo GOOD!

This is the second story I've read of yours, Southplains, and in my opinion, you are the BEST fanfic writer of Bonanza I've ever had the pleasure to read. You express the very SOUL of Bonanza and all of it's characters Perfectly!

Thanks Again!
fangirl29 chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Superb! Brilliant! Amazing! Wonderful! Incredible! Utterly beautiful! A masterpiece!
Kitty O chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Damn, somebody was trying to kill them.

That line describes the whole series in a nutshell.

I chuckled when Adam didnt know what a day off was.

"Hoss never swore, not even when Pa wasn't around to hear. He must be either awfully mad or awfully scared to say a word like that."

Hehe, like the time with the nuns..."You'll have to watch your language..." "yeah, I... Hey!"

Joes trying to swear was cute... I'm sad that man got killed...

It amazes me how well yOu got those boys down. Adam is always to busy fixing things to hold grudges... Its true.

Good heavens when they were taking the bullets out of Joe...! I lost my breath. Wow poor Adam!

I loved this story. So emotional. Can't nothing best those brothers, as a friend of mine once said!
Trekkieb chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
I've never read any Bonanza fic before. I was just browsing and saw yours. I really enjoyed this story! It was really well written, and I like how you captured the characters. I liked the flashbacks to Little Joe getting in trouble. :)
enviousxbeauty chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
So I'm usually not big on reviewing. I normally don't have it in me, but I have to say FANTASTIC!

I was really amazed at how wonderful this story is. You definitely have real talent.

I especially enjoyed the way you wrote the characters. You got them spot on. Hoss' desire to protect both his brothers, but not knowing which to choose felt very canon and the way you wrote it was very natural, nothing felt forced, and getting to see Adam's emotional side was very touching.

As a major Joe!Gal I loved the attention he got throughout and the flashbacks were a nice touch.

So overall, I must say that this is something I would recommend to other BonanzaFans. I plan to read some more of your work soon and I'm looking forward to it.

Take care!
overkalix chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
I love this one. Very well written!
shortierockette chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
me again! i'm attempting to review in the same order i read your fics, so here's third off my list!
1st; the bullets reminding a dazed joe of the fireworks was a great sensory touch.
2nd; all of the flashbacks he has while unconscious added a great feeling of suspense- is he going to make it, or is this one of those death-fics that i always wind up bawling my eyes out over but still read anyway? i must like self-torture!
3rd; i did a big AW when he's writing the letter! really nice event.
4th; the expressions on their faces were so vividly described throughout the whole thing i could practically see them all!
fin of my rabid reviewing for this story!
Drink Sparky Cola chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
I'm a recent convert to the good world of Bonanza so I've only browsed some of the fanfiction it has to offer but I've got to say your stories are the best I've encountered so far! You've really got a handle on the characters. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Mulderette chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Oh I just adored this one. Lots of angst and suspense. I really love the way you write the relationship between the brothers and I'm especially a sucker for Little Joe angst which you do wonderfully. Once again, just beautiful writing :)
Jingle For Goldfish chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Nice. You've definitely got a handle on the language. Nothing was clunky or awkward.

I really liked the way you used "angry" to mean "scared" from Joe's perspective. Those can be hard to distinguish when you're the little brother.

I'm also glad you didn't end with his death. You had me scared for a second, but I think it was the right choice to keep him alive.

That and I hate death fics. ;)
Destiny JoRayne Adams chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Once again, nicely done. I hope you will write another story for Bonanza.

Keep up the good work.

As Always,

Desi
nebbyJen chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
What a great story! Hated to see it end so I guess I'll just have to read it again instead. ;D