Reviews for Control: An Historical Josef Fanfic
The Readers Muse chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I just had to review this! This was ABSOLUTELY excellent. I was totally engrossed in the story (Which is a rarity for me in fanfiction). You painted such a deep, complex, and fascinating story that I was actually disappointed when it ended. Bravo!

I liked your take on 'fledgling Josef' I could totally see him like this at that point in his 'vampire life'. Especially considering his ferocity that is displayed throughout the show.

Again, excellent job!
a wolf is a perfect paradox chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
soemtimes it is so easy to forget josef was once a fledgling. i think you broughta lot of realsim to josef in that era, even mister suave can make mistakes and have less control!
Jordan-Daniel chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
A very hard story but I like it. Reading about Josef at the beginning of his vampire being is capitvating. I enjoyed reading your story!
Nat D chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
That could easylly turn into a book. I'm telling you!

Congrats, that was great!
Empresslilly chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
You know how I feel about this piece. The first word that came to mind was “epic” and that was before I had read even half of it. I am in awe of what you’ve done here. You’ve beautifully and meticulously crafted a small piece of the very complex puzzle that is Josef’s 400-year existence. I know it was a labor of love.

I also marvel at what you haven’t done – what you’ve left unsaid. There are many facets here that have been hinted at and some that have been purposely left clouded in mystery – like the sex of Josef’s sire. Thank you for pulling back the curtain just enough to allow a glimpse of the history that shaped the vampire Josef has become.
Vampire Reader chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
I just discovered and read this. Coraline never taught Mick anything about compassion and not killing his meals. Did Josef teach him? He knew by the time of the party in the red room, but I would have enjoyed watching his first lesson.

Thanks for your writing.
moonjat54 chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I went in search of this after reading Erisfury's continuation of your story. Very moving and so very well written. Imagine Josef having a need for redemption, it explains one reason why he can be friends with Mick. He sees some of himself in the younger vamp.
nightcap chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Wow! This was a little jewel to run across! Dark and brutal were the times.

Your writing was so descriptive! It brings you into the mind of young Josef and the lessons he needed to learn.

Tragic ending. But how could it have been otherwise. Life was cheap during that time. And not only to vampires and their slaves.

Thank you for a wonderful story!
kschwaab chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
wow, when I saw the title I thought it would be a funny story, but this was really deep.
michena chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Loved it. Love your writing and of Josef learning the concept of control. Superb detailing.
LLevey chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
loved it :D

Liz :P
ErisFury chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I absolutely love this story. The darkness and brutality of it. The intentional ambiguity surrounding Josef's sire. The regret for something that he really couldn't help or control - like an abused child looking back on the atrocities of their youth and feeling shame for the things beyond their sphere of influence. Though I doubt his sire would agree any abuse was involved.