Reviews for Within the Empty Reaches of the Night
nightcap chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
This was a very touching story! I liked how Mick and Josef worked together. And the background on Mick's life with freshies involved daily, was interesting. It makes his life just before Beth, seem very, very lonely!
scrappyearnhardt chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
elwren75 chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
I'm in tears. That was intense and frightening, but beautifully written. Well done.
ErisFury chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
Another masterpiece. The situation described here is so horrific, and scarring that it is very much akin to rape. Since they're supposed to be "willing donors", and she most definitely wasn't - rape is pretty much the only thing that it can be likened to. She was brutalized, violated, humiliated and made to feel helpless and dirty when she had done nothing wrong and made no error that would precipitate that kind of attack.
Miss Late Bloomer chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
OC characters are a funny thing. There's nothing more painful than reading a contrived or artifical one, but when the author creats a 3-D, engaging, complex character, it's a pleasure to read. Don't worry, Lucky falls into the latter category. I want to know more about her, but I can accept this as 'complete.' Every word kept me hanging on, absorbed in her mind. I felt about sick about what that creep did to her. It was an experience akin to rape, at least to me.