Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Silver Resistance
Guest chapter 29 . 15h ago
...It took me until a full re-read of the story to get the pun in naming a Pidgey Otto. Wow, that was dumb of me. (The name comes from Pidgeotto, by the way)
First, obligatory compliment on the awesome choice of name, even if it does literally nothing to advance the story (it's not like his name will help him determine what his plan was or, more cryptically, what kind of person is both casually allowed into the Hall of Origin but who has "trouble motivating himself" (as mentioned in Chapter 1)), and the awesome reveal of Giratina as the personality quiz-giver, a role that I felt PMD2 was sorely lacking-it doesn't really make sense in the context of your PMD2 transformation that you'd be answering questions; PMD1 you're talking to Gardevoir and PMD3 you're talking to Hydreigon (and it's just a choice between the starters anyway), but PMD2's quiz doesn't really make sense in context. Second, you do an awesome job of writing lyrics to Mystery Dungeon songs, including some of the more obscure ones, which I like-In the Morning Sun, being Sky-only, isn't quite as well-known as, say, Through the Sea of Time (though I do expect some lyrics to one of the PMD2 main theme songs at some point). Third, you do a great job of being far more realistic than the PMD games do; the fact that everyone decided to trust the leader of a group that calls itself Team Meanies strained even an eight-year-old's suspension of disbelief, and yet in SR, you use the far more logical position-distrust towards the team of Dark-, Ghost-, and Poison-types with a "corny, cliché villain team"-sounding name-to pull off an excellent plot twist. So, from what I can tell, we're barely over halfway into the story, which means that we've hit about the point in the PMD games where the exile, or the hunt for Grovyle, or the mission to rescue Munna starts. Well, if you've got that much of the game left, I can't imagine how unrecognizable the plot will be by the end. Will the Master even be evil in the long run? I mean, obviously he's trying to kill Char, given that he created/summoned/however you describe it the Watchers and destroyed Temporal Tower just to kill him, but is he actually an anti-hero trying to stop some kind of cataclysm or something; if the ends justify the means, then an anti-heroic character with extreme power could and would do all of that to keep Char from ruining something.
Jake The Eevee chapter 1 . 4/19
Woah, thinking that I can't be bothered reading this... I'll get into it straight away!
QuinKilo chapter 77 . 4/18
Never have I seen such mileage out of a chapter title pun. You're, what, up to five spins on the whole Mind Games thing now?

Anyway, I am warming up to this new Call a bit more, now that Char's working through it. And, well, the ability to say no is always nice. I guess in a way my reaction last chapter was a sort of intended one, similar to Char's but just with a whole lot less drama. So yeah, not as eye-rolly now, am intrigued of all the uses for it.

Though the thing I am intrigued about is how Adiel managed to get a request *into* the base. I'm sure there are back-channels, no doubt there's at least one spy. It's to be explained, of course, buuuuut I just have to guess.

Random thought, what would happen if Char gets hit with the call when he's around the exit with the psychics that erase short-term memory?
Lightdrago chapter 77 . 4/18
This story is amazing.
PokemonGalaxy1009 chapter 77 . 4/17
Well... this was certainly an interesting chapter. So now Char learns how to control his power. Saura... will he ever allow the illusion to finish? Marrow... of all times to bring them the news... I am worried about Saura... Char is certainly in a predicament at the moment. Char... what do you plan to do now with this enhanced ability... whether it be a gift or a curse? I was hoping Saura would be free of his hellish nightmares... but what will happen to him when he loses the curse of the Watcher? Will he remain the same Saura that we all know and like, or become a completely different Pokémon? I am looking forward to your next chapter, ScytheRider. Keep it up!
XD-MADNESS chapter 77 . 4/17
. [ NEW FAN ALERT! ]

words. Let's get on with it...my review.

1. In the sentence after After Saura says - Arceus... Please...
I noticed you mean't to say:

* To Char's surprise, and perhaps also to his relief, Saura's prayer was answered... - prayer is misspelled as, "player."

like a television. Hahaha, best mistake ever!)

2. This next thing I'm going to say isn't really part of the review, but more of a creative suggestion.

If you read and reply to this, thanks. It would make my entire week to hear any response from you at all!

Review Over -
xDarkThunder chapter 77 . 4/17
hey scythe, i wonder if you should make a special episode about adiel, huh? i'd be pleased :3
XD-MADNESS chapter 25 . 4/17
[ NEW FAN ALERT! ]

Hey, Scytherider! You've never heard of me, but that's because I just signed up to this site a few days ago. When I discovered your story not even a month ago, I was blown away by it all! It's been a long time since I've read something of this caliber. Too long in fact! But, I won't waste your time with my own words. Let's get on with it...my review.

1. In the sentence after After Saura says - Arceus... Please...
I noticed you meant to say:

(I actually laughed a bit when I read this, because for a second, I imagined Char, Ray, Otto, and Eva all sitting around Saura watching his mind on playback like a television. Hahaha, best mistake ever!)

I assume you've read the whole thing since it's found in your favorites list, and I'm sure you've thought about it already, or someone else has brought it up...but, after reading (Diego Zeyon's) side story: - Mystery of the Heart, I suddenly remembered something crazy.

"Legend/Lykios" now lives at the Gold Division! I know that "Zona" is more of a side character, and not officially related with what you're doing as of yet. But I started to wonder, wouldn't it be awesome If "Zona" met "Legend/Lykios" in one of the special episode chapters, or...even better! What if later on, "Zona" became a part of "Team Ember," and helped Char and the others drive the watchers away later on in the story. Ray already knows "Zona," and "Zona" seems facinated by Char in general since (He recognized Char's voice from the call.) It would be easy to integrate him. But I know you already have the entire story locked up inside that head of yours. Like I said, it's just a creative suggestion - I know the content will be amazing no matter what you do!

3. You've inspired me! I suddenly have the urge to make my own version of "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon." I don't know how often you look at anyone else's fanfics anymore, but one of these days, I'm going to post one of my own. I don't know when I'll get around to it, but I do have a story all planned out. Now I just have to get off my legs, sit down, and write it.

Review Over - XD-MADNESS
666funtimes chapter 77 . 4/17
The cliffhangers are killing me!

Another great chapter and the update speed is great. Keep it up!
Tridisout chapter 77 . 4/17
Oh man, this chapter was so much fun. Heck, I have so much to say I had to take notes while reading it. So let's get down to it right now in order.

So the first few lines where Char was locking himself in his room and his team was all concerned? Neat. Good to see more of team Ember sticking together, even if wood separates their leader from them. Though is it just me, or does it sound a little like it could be used for a laxative commercial at first? Let's hope Char doesn't have excretion problems.

Wiping out the entire conversation Otto had with Char makes me fully understand just how bad this new Call ability can be. It didn't seem too bad at first, but seeing how it can wipe out entire conversations without even the command to do so... scary.

You know, reciting a poem or something to throw off psychics is a good idea. I was never a fan of mind reading being where understandable words are conveyed due to how the brain tends to already jump around in thoughts sporadically, but in a world where that method is the case this is a good countermeasure to hide secrets and tactics. This kind of makes me want to write another chapter for that parody thing I did though. I have the perfect joke to go with this and the Call's new ability. There's a complicated reason I don't though, but this review is your time. Not mine.

Back on topic. I like how Char was already starting to have thoughts of using his power on getting what he wants out of Lily. There's a part of me that wants to see him go mad with power. Char seems like he'd be a fun villain. And that line of Saura being all, "Okay! Let's be the best bad guys we can be!" inside Char's imagination just makes me crave a villainous team Ember even more. Maybe it's because I'm still wanting to really explore the Master's side. What's daily life like for his forces? We know so much about the resistance, but still next to nothing about their enemy. Maybe that is intentional though.

Always nice to have a quick scene with Scythe. Bit of fan service.

I feel really bad for Char having to learn footprint. I would never be able to pull that off. Five bucks says that Call ability is going to help out someway. Maybe by faking it to Alakazam?

Also, a crystal bigger than any human building? Pfft, right. You keep thinking that, Ivysaur. We got some big structures up in this joint. And so does the Pokémon world if it's based off ours.

And Adele-I mean, Adiel IS in the base! I knew it! Next you're going to say the Master is a really swag guy who likes puppies and nice walks in parks. Char has just been brainwashed by resistance propaganda. The rebels are the REAL bad guys all along... wait, I like that theory.

Excellent work as usual. It was worth the wait.
Twinkletoes626 chapter 77 . 4/17
Wow...another cliffhanger?! Well, at least it's not as bad as last time. So, I was getting really afraid that Char was going to get carried away with his powers, but I'm glad he came through in the end. I do wish Otto was able to remember his conversation with Char. I think it was good for him. That was one thing I enjoyed so much about this chapter. It developed Char's and Otto's relationship, which is quite an interesting one. You have Char who, being a fire type, is fueled by his emotions. Then you have Otto, who was trained himself to focus on logic and transcend emotion. Anyhow, awesome chapter, and PLEASE update soon. :)
Ciel Moony chapter 77 . 4/17
Nice!
Varce chapter 77 . 4/17
...Disappoint Char... Disappoint
Anyways, I want to thank you (and curse you) for making another amazing chapter to your awesome book. Whenever you post something new, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside of me. What's even better is when I read your content. With so much written and so little grammatical errors, I sometimes forget that this isn't even a published book. Anyways, thanks for posting these chapters.
urs-v chapter 77 . 4/17
Dammit Char!
Very bad move.

Well, with Adiel obvious trap, (or is it a trap or a way for him to keep is promise not to touch them?), things are gonna get interesthing. And wih the addition of the call in the balance...
1,674 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »