Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Silver Resistance
TaconianKing chapter 80 . 2/18
Don't you stop this series! It's really turning out great! If you could though throwing in a love interest would be interesting.
lalalala1 chapter 80 . 2/17
I have no idea why I decided to read this so late.

This chapter... Is beautifully done. Really.

Saura leaving was very unpredictable, especially considering he took the role of the Partner Pokémon in the story. I'm not sure how I feel about that just yet, but it'll be interesting to see how Char functions without him.

Eva finally joins the team. I was honestly surprised she was doing the same thing to Char as she had done multiple times, I just assumed it was the first time. A part of me had been wanting her to join the team, but a part of me still thinks Char should distrust her. The same thing goes as for what I said for Saura leaving, it'll also be interesting to see how the team functions with Eva.

I think I said what I wanted to say about Ray in my review of the last chapter for the most part, but I was really shocked Ray felt like he was "smoldering". I was thinking he felt sad, angry, betrayed, guilt, or something of the sort, but the fact he felt blank surprised me.

I'm usually looking forward to the next chapter of this story, but this chapter got me more excited than normal. This chapter was amazing, as I typically find them.
Rayva chapter 80 . 2/10
MOAR
Arthas972 chapter 80 . 2/7
Man, I can't BELIEVE Saura actually left! He was my favorite character in this story - though I admit it'll be pretty interesting without around for a while,
Arthas972 chapter 79 . 2/7
1.655 billion poke?! That's a lot of money!
BroadBlueSky chapter 14 . 1/29
I love those lyrics! They just fit the song so well. _ Makes you feel all happy and stuff, eh?
croquant chapter 45 . 1/28
This special episode remains my favorite section in this fanfic. I love the idea of tapping into a huge well of unconscious knowledge thru "breaking" the interface of rationality.

Recently I came across an essay on fundamental patterns that reminded me very strongly of Scythe's final triumph (which, by the way, I hope came about through his own intuition and not just being an egg move.) The full essay can be found if you search "Mathematics and the Language of Nature, F. David Peat".

Here's the relevant excerpt:

"The history of geometry demonstrates the discovery of deeper and more general levels, Euclidian geometry gives way to non-Euclidian, beneath geometry is topology, and topology itself is founded on even more general and beautiful mathematics. The longer a particular topic has been studied, the deeper mathematicians are able to move towards its foundations.

But Piaget, pointed out, this historical evolution is a direct reversal of the actual development of concepts of space in the infant. To the young child, the distinction between intersecting and non-intersecting figures is more immediate than between, say, a triangle, square and circle. To the infant's developing mind, topology comes before geometry. In general, deeper and more fundamental logical operations are developed earlier than more specific rules and applications. The history of mathematics, which is generally taken as a process of moving towards deeper and more general levels of thought, could also be thought of as a process of excavation which attempts to uncover the earliest operations of thought in infancy. According to this argument, the very first operations exist at a pre-conscious level so that the more fundamental a logical operation happens to be, the earlier it was developed by the infant and the deeper it has become buried in the mind."

Hope you found it somewhat interesting. Looking forward to your next update!
BroadBlueSky chapter 80 . 1/26
Is that it? Is it over? Cuz that was very ending like. If not, yay, more to read. I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and hope you continue at this level of quality. Also, I really love that closure bit. It hits quite close to home.
another great chapter from an amazing story made by an incredible author. im quite sad that saura is away and i hope he will be featured heavily in future chapters. im gonna miss saura but hey, eva is now on the team which is really cool. i hope you update more frequently in the future and i await the next chapter (';') -DAT4120
DMT41320 chapter 80 . 1/25
Ooooh! Plot twist! Saura left the team!
Energy chapter 80 . 1/24
This was a powerful chapter. Saura will be missed, but it seems his story has ended for the most part. Everyone needs a goal to strive towards, and he reached his.
Surprised Reader chapter 34 . 1/24
This is beautiful, majestic literary art. Keep up the amazing work. The tone change, the overall feel of this chapter as a whole feeds me as a person and an intellectual. I really do wish more people write with the skill you posses. You have my total support as a reader.
Dawn on fire chapter 80 . 1/24
This was so heartbreaking. I am so sad to se Saura go, but I hope to see him again some day.

Great work. Thanks for the update. I cannot wait to hear about what happened at the canyon with Syther's team.
Sapphire M chapter 80 . 1/24
First of all, thanks Scythe for finally updating! This chapter left me with a lot of feels and I don't know where to begin. I have a lot of thoughts so bear with me in this review.

First the biggest thing that happened: Saura leaving.
When I clicked the newest chapter to read, I gotta say I did not expect for this to happen. I always thought that Saura would stay by Char's side until the end of the story just like how the partner is always with the hero in the games. I even thought that Ray and Otto would be gone first, what with Ray's illness and Otto's talk with the leader of Team Silverwing. So yeah, before I did not expect Sara to be the first.
But as I was reading the chapter, it became apparent for me that it was about to happen. It happened first when Char and Ray were talking about to closure (by the way I liked that scene). When Char mentioned about "the fire dies, the ember fades, and the heart becomes at peace. And a heart at peace has no place in a war" or something like that, and the scene about Saura's motivation being his family, I thought that he might leave because there is no more reason for him to stay in Team Ember. Turns out I was right. But it doesn't mean I'm glad it happened :(. I was hoping that he will be back in the end of the chapter or just after a few chapters honestly, but when I read your own commentary about this I lost hope. Yeah you said he will be back but you also said that he probably won't join the group again :((( I gotta admit I did kinda lost my interest in him during the past few chapters. I still appreciate him being Char's best friend and the heart of the group but it was very tiring to hear him angst all the time about his family. And I do not feel that much for his family either. Still sad though.

Anyway, I'm kinda confused that no one mentioned his real identity. I think that Saura would at least wonder why how the Master knew that he had the call which would lead to the reveal that he was adopted and him finding his real identity. Which would also mean that he will talk to Adiel on how he found him when he was young. And in a pokeball. Since having the call meant that he was around humans before, it made me think that he was related or interacted with Amadeus before. Which would make sense since you said that Saura is part of Amadeus' plan. That was the closure I expected. I'm hoping you will elaborate on this in the future since this is interesting. At least let Saura know his true identity in the future. That is why I refuse to believe his character is complete. Because there is probably more to him. Looking forward to see him again in the future!

I definitely cried at the part where Char was talking to Saura alone. I could feel his emotions and understood his actions. It was hard seeing him let go but it was for the better. Its a sign of him becoming more mature. When he uses the call to realise Saura's decision, it hit me hard in the feels. Was hoping to see more of his thought on his best friend leaving though that would make this chapter angstier than usual. Though I'm kinda sad how Saura thought it was Char's fault that he was away from his family. It was his choice to join the resistance after all. I just want to see him be there when Char realized his purpose so at least he still kinda fulfilled his wish to him.

The part about Adiel... it was brilliant. Looks like Scythe gained a point for one-upping Adiel in their game. Even though he did nothing at all. Haha. Adiel going away to look at the bigger picture means that he is now taking this more seriously. Hopefully whatever the heck Scythe was planning will be effective. I can't even wonder what he's up to now since he's being ultra cheery and very OOC for the past few chapters. And seems like Dusknoir supports the resistance after all. It looks like Adiel did not know that he knows the entrance to the base already. Or maybe he's supporting another? Well just wait and see.

And about Eva... that was very unexpected lol. The scene with Alakazam was fast but I guess at least it got the job done. Finally she was a member! And she learned humility haha. Good luck to Team Ember in the future and hopefully they would learn to work with one another with Saura gone.

Final thoughts: Although the chapter was emotional, it did not hit much such as the chapter with Char learning about the call or the Temporal Tower ones. It was kinda boring in some part although maybe its because its been long since you updated and the hypes pretty much gone. The length was good enough to make up for the time. I found some plot holes here and there and sometimes their actions or reactions do not make sense. Hoping to see more action in the future since all the angst is too much haha. At least Saura's happy now. I want to see Char be happy too. He just can't catch a break lol.

Will be waiting for the next chappy no matter how long! Just make sure you come back xD Enjoy your break and good luck Scytherider! :)
Wow. Amazing chapter. Not often that a main character is dropped like that, though I doubt Saura is gone for good. Keep up the good work
1,920 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »