Reviews for Afterthought
pepergirl001 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I am in total agreement with this story regardless of how strong she is currently in the manga. In my opinion and trust me I love Kakashi, even if his neglect always gets me angry and extremely frustrated, but I never consider him Sakura's sensei the one that I consider her true sensei is and always will be Tsunade
Kam18 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
You're absolutely right that she's an afterthought.

It's well written. You did well. :)

Kristen
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
You don't know how much I agree with you. Ugh, it really pisses me off. Like, I remember Kakashi thinking that she has good chakra control and that she was a genjutsu type, but then what? What's it gonna do just thinking that and not doing anything about it? And I don't agree with one of the other reviewers who said that Kakashi taught her genjutsu, cause nowhere in the manga is that mentioned and Sakura is never seen doing anything with genjutsu except cancelling it, which was something she was always pretty good at. And I don't think that Masashi Kishimoto is aware of it either, or maybe he just doesn't care. But at least he said in an interview that he will make Sakura more heroine-like from now on, so I'm just gonna wait for that to happen. But I wish I could send him this or something. It seems like something that could have happened and then he might see that Sakura's being neglected. But till then, I'll just make believe that this is part of the actual manga, lol. Anyways, you're an awesome writer. I could literally feel everything that she was feeling. And I love this part: But where was Sakura? Who believed in her? Cause it's so true. It doesn't seem like anyone believes in her. Even Tsunade seems like she'll ditch her if she has to. She believes in Naruto more anyway (probably)... I'm sorry for ranting on a review, lol. But you really are an amazing writer. Keep up the awesome work!
happy everyday life chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Believe me! I understand your frustration every one bit! That is precisely the reason I have a love/hate feelings towards Kakashi. I know he still doesn't think of Sakura as the girl who only thinks about romance but still...Arrrgh! The teacher student relationship of Kakashi and Sakura is really frustrating!
GameGuardian2x chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Adding this to my C2.

I really like how you don't bash, but keep everyone in character.

And I agree, it's kishi's fault, not Kakashi's or Tsunade's. The conventions of shounen manga just don't give sakura, or any female character much chance to shine, and Kishi's self-admitted misogyny doesn't help either.
Sandtalon chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
I agree with you, sadly Sakura is usually left out not only in battle but in training.. We saw at least a little bit of Sasuke and Naruto's training with Orochimaru and Jiraya but we didn't see anything with Sakura.. except her trying to revive that dead fish.

Good way to get your point across by the way _.
Kaira-chan15 chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
This was a tragic, beautiful story, I loved it. This is an original idea too, because Sakura is never focused on by Kakashi, yet no one I know has written anything about it yet. So I'm glad you addressed it, because it frustrates me too. I could picture perfectly how Sakura felt throughout the whole thing. Also, I like how it was kind of a depressing ending, because you're right, any words Kakashi could say wouldn't make up for his actions. Awesome job, I'm favoriting it! :D

I really liked this part. I can perfectly feel the abandonment Sakura must be feeling:

“But this training is more suited for Naruto.”

Kakashi’s casual words felt like a kunai in her back. Or perhaps like the first time Tsunade punched her with her full strength. Naruto and Kakashi yammered on about training and new jutsu, but Sakura barely heard though the dull pounding in her ears.
Izidora chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
a magnificent work!

:D
me chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Except, the minor detail, that he didn't neglect her training, it was merely off-screen.

You should revisit the early part of the series, Kakashi clearly tought her about genjutsu, something he didn't teach to the others.
ani chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
wow... i never thought of this - i just keep wondering why no one sees just who naruto is - but you really got it across well. the pain and frustration really hammers the point across. you made me see it! D
Night's Flower chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I totally agree with u! when i saw the chapter when Sakura was just left out of the training i thought "wtf! what about sakura!" thank you for writing this!
Pance chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
hear ye hear ye, I totally agree. Though even how naruto or sakura don't call kakshi on it I don't know. I guess b/c naruto is just like that and finally got his training in with kakashi but still. You'd wish the guy would show he even gave a damn about his students... nice story

peace out
MysteryLady-Tx chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
She shouldn't feel so bad hell the only reason he is even bothering w/Naruto right now is because he (Naruto) knows the right people...look I LOVE Kakashi but even I can see that he can be a big JERK...and that IS putting it mildly...

THANKS:"D
ShipperTrish chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
You're not the only one who's been bugged by Sakura's constant neglect by Kakashi. I love Kakashi. Believe me, I LOVE Kakashi, but that part of him has always left me thinking he's a bit of a chauvinist and since it's Kishimoto writing Kakashi...Well, you get the idea (Kishimoto fans forgive me! I love him, too, you know? But he's not without flaw either!). Anyway, I'm just glad you tackled the issue, as I'm sure many of us are, but I'm also still keeping my hopes up. After all, at the beginning Sakura's character was vane, weak, and annoying, but eventually Kishimoto redeemed her by making her Ms. Girl Power. Hopefully, he'll do the same as far as Kakashi and Sakura's teacher and student relationship goes. So thanks for putting this out there and writing it so well, too! Good job! _
bomber68 chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
that was a very good story