Reviews for Shattered Stone
Bushwah chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
I thought the shadow was a vision of Isildur from times past, but Aragorn would surely have fared little better against the Ring.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
cool!
Vamp.Michelle chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
What an amazing story! I have a weak spot for everything that has to do with dreams and shifts in reality, alternate universes and exploring possibilities. I find it fascinating to observe how an author chooses to connect and weave together - in this case - dream and reality. And you did that so seamlessly here! Add to that a good portion of psychology and a great deal of angst and you have a truly powerful story. I'm impressed!
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Oh my! How amazing! You truly captured the feeling of being trapped in a dream, thinking to awake, and then falling back in once again!

I love that it is Arwen who anchors him- she was his anchor and his hold on the world as it should be.

(I found this through a rec by ainu_laire in the unfound_gems LJ community.)
Mirach chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I still shiver after reading your story. It was so vivid before my eyes! Your writing is very powerful, you create the atmosphere that the reader can feel like being there. And you show Aragorn's strength of will in the fight with the mightiest and most dangerous enemy - himself. /"But I vow that you will never be more than a nightmare, and forever will I keep you locked within my soul."/ Long live the King!
Lady-Roisin chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
This was an incredible story. I loved the element of mystery, the emotions are believable and well written. A very dramatic tale indeed. I enjoyed reading it very much.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
i like! great characterization, very well writen. keep writing xD
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Lol! This was an incredible story, it left me staring at the screen in horror! Really strong, powerful writing. If I was that scared while reading it, I can only imagine how terrified Aragorn must have been!

Your descriptions were wonderful - especially the room with the statues where the Shadow lives. It just came alive in front of my eyes!

Great work! Definitely one of the best stories I've read, and one that will stay with me for a long time!

I'll surely take a look at your other works.

~StarLight
Envinyatar chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Every so often, when no-one I read has updated, I brave the depths of hoping for something new. Usually I don't find it, but this time I did. Wow!

I haven't been as stunned by the quality of a story since I stumbled across Meckinock's 'In the Hands of the Enemy' a few years ago. The writing was taut, the story gripping, and as someone else has commented, this is a magnificent character study.

Too many good things to comment on just now, so I'll just mention a few that stood out for me. The weaving back and forth from 'dream' to 'reality' was seamless and very effective. This is a terrific gapfiller, in that it solves the complaint that Aragorn is too good to be true, in that he is never tempted by the ring - he has already faced that temptation. I expected him to kill his shadow self, to remove the threat of being taken by the ring, but you avoided that facile solution.

And finally, I loved the acknowledgment of the movie, and of Viggo, in the use of that headbutt, or 'Glasgow kiss' as it's known around here.

Can I second Ainu Laire's suggestion of going for the MEFAs or urge you to join Stories of Arda or HASA before this gets lost under the deluge of 'girls fall into Middle-Earth' stories here.

Thanks for a wonderful read.
Aelaer chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I figured out early who it was, when he began to speak about the stewards... but nonetheless, absolutely brilliant, compelling, well written.

BTW, you have anonymous reviews turned off. You may want to turn them on if you want more reviews.
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Remarkable story ... chilling and suspenseful all the way through. I may never read the chapter in FoTR the same way again, for I'll always wonder if that wound on Strider's back has healed. ;) Well done. Hope you continue to write more Aragorn-based fics.
Ellynn chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Wow.

*bows*

Wow.

I'm not sure if I can find the right words to express what I think of this story... It is excellent. You've done a great job.

In some details, it reminded me of Luke Skywalker and his own ghosts... which made me like this story even more (weird though it may sound).

In the end, I'll just say one more time - excellent.
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
This was very eerie, quite different from anything I've read before. I like it a lot.
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Ah!as I run screaming in terror! Great story!
Beruthiel's Cat chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Macabre...Entirely plausible, tightly written, and one of the best I've seen in a long while in this genre. Please go sign up for the MEFA this year. This one deserves nomination!

BC