Reviews for The Well
sirensbane chapter 1 . 7/3/2015
Great story, and I love the ending. Boromir is talking about going in search of the answer to his dream...the tension builds...and then the clothes line pops that like a balloon. They are so clearly brothers. What Faramir says about giving into one's darker nature, however...I think this story does an excellent job of justifying why Boromir is so tempted to take the Ring.
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I'm very glad you have a sequel to this up already. There are so many perfect things about this story that I could never hope to even quote them back to you. It is amazing writing - excellent story - perfect characterizations - intriguing concept. I love it.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
a truly specacular ending.

i liked it!
IHeartSam chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
lovely little fic! the brotherly banter at the end was great!
SusanMc chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
This is extremely well written!

Very true to the characters yet very different from anything I have read in Tolkien fanfic. Loved your portrayal of Boromir's struggle with temptation and adored the relationship dynamics between the brothers.

Heading to the beach, but hope to get a chance to read the sequel soon.
KaleidescopeCat chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
This is a very good read. I enjoyed it a lot!
Susan W chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Most excellent! I was in the middle of reading the sequel to this tale, when I thought I should come here and leave a quick review. You have written an interesting and unique plotline here! Great work with the descriptive value to the tale without it being overdone or over-wordy. I love it when I can visualize what is going on as if watching a movie or looking at a picture book. Characterization is very good, especially since the characters being written are my favorite brothers in LOTR. :) :)

Very good brothers 'Mir interaction throughout the tale. Love how Faramir just appears out of the forest as Boromir rides by.

Love how the threat to Faramir gets Boromir moving into action.

There was also a chilling sense of foreshadowing as Boromir struggles against the pull of the "Well" and is agonised by "dreams" of what could be.

Snicker! Love the ending with Boromir showing his "darker" side by throwing the pitcher at Faramir. I much rather have this more fun "dark side" of his, it beats what could have happened had he drank from the Well.

I'm guessing it was not coincidence that Faramir and his Rangers just happened to be in the area where Boromir was. Knowing that Boromir was alone in the forest checking up on soldiers who are disappearing, I could not see Faramir passing up on making sure that Boromir did not run into trouble. :) :)

Ok! So this is not a quick review, but oh well! Now it's late and I would love to go back to reading the sequel to this, but, unfortunately, I must get up early and go to work. sigh! I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Thanks for writing this tale with the brothers 'Mir.