Reviews for The Rain and the Storm
OnTheLastPage chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
My favorite part of this...

But that's not how it works, the world doesn't end
Just because a man wishes when he loses a friend.

Perfect... made me tear up.
fezzesandbowtiesarecool chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Oh, wow. This is beautiful. I don't want to sound rude, but I can see why you favor this one over the other. The other poem is spectacular, too, but this is just beyond spectacular. I absolutely adore it. The beat, I felt, was quite perfect. The rhymes were impressive too.

However, the line: 'The strength to take place of that which was stole' doesn't make sense... I'm not sure if you can change it to keep the rhyme, but make sense, but it would have to be 'stolen' to be correct. 'The strength to take of that which they/he/she/it stole' could make sense.

You can keep the line, of course. I just thought I'd tell you, because I thought that line sort of took away a bit from the poem because it made me go, 'Wait - what?'

Or maybe I'm just dense and don't realize that 'stole' is actually quite correct.

But, all in all, the poem was magnificent. The descriptions were absolutely gorgeous.
Dead Composer chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
As a poem it's fair enough. Problem is, it has nothing to do with Rose and the Doctor. It could apply to almost any other couple-Romeo & Juliet, Tristan & Isolde, Beauty & the Beast, etc., etc., etc. The least you can do is add a prologue about the Doctor staring at the blank wall between the universes, or something along those lines.
Karka chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
its beautiful and oh so sad. i really loved it
Willow08 chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
'As the tears of the Gods...' - beautiful descriptions all the way through

this poem is so sweet and sad

well done !