Reviews for A Delicate Balance
Empresslilly chapter 4 . 10/18/2008
I know this was written back when the idea of Mick and Beth seeing each other romantically was still just a dream for us, and yet it illuminates how something as ordinary for Beth as a wedding invitation could be the catalyst that gently prompts each of them to explore their feelings about their growing closeness. This story is so sweet and so true to character and, for me, the way I had hoped the relationship would develop – slowly, cautiously and with a great deal of soul-searching.
TvNut Loves Jamie Fraser chapter 4 . 6/17/2008
aw! sweet!
Vampire Reader chapter 4 . 6/14/2008
I know you started this before Josh died, but that's fine. Your writing is fluid and natural. Your portrait of the characters and their thoughts and reactions really work, so thank you for continuing the ML story for me. I don't recall ever missing a loved show quite this much.
Vampire Reader chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I want to read more of this. Very nice.
nightcap chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
The buffet was priceless. How would you make a choice of foods when you had no idea what they were?

I thought it was interesting that you included his concerns over human crowds. Something he keeps in the back of his mind. Show the nice people a veneer of humanity and keep the beast hidden.
moonjat54 chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
I just read this. A wonderful blend of sweet and sad. They seem to dance around each others feelings, not quite comfortable. But they care so much, you make that very clear. I hope you will continue to explore the growth of their relationship.
scrappyearnhardt chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
PhoebeTheQueenOfDragons chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
keep going
nightcap chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
Loved the Mr. Perpetual Coolness!
scrappyearnhardt chapter 3 . 6/5/2008
elwren75 chapter 3 . 6/5/2008
So beautiful, so, well, SQUE!, and so sad. So many emotions evoked all at once. I am loving this story. I was so excited when I saw that you'd added another chapter. I can't wait for the next. Wonderful job. Thanks.
PhoebeTheQueenOfDragons chapter 3 . 6/5/2008
Keep going
elwren75 chapter 2 . 6/5/2008
I am loving this. You have captured Mick and Beth's characters so well. Your writing is wonderful and you include just the right touch of humor. I love this exchange:

“Hey,” he replied, voice muffled against her shoulder, “can’t a vampire just need a hug, once in a while?”

Beth recognized an evasion when she heard one, but she could live with that one. “Hugs,” Beth said, deliberately putting a little tartness in her voice, “are not in short supply around here, Mick St. John.” She tightened her arms a little for emphasis. “All you have to do is reach out.” That got her a short laugh, and maybe she just thought there was a sniff.

Are you actually a librarian? I'm graduating with an M.A. in LIS in December.
Punk'N'Rock Chick chapter 2 . 6/5/2008
Wow. I really like this story. I love how you encorporate Mick and Beth's personalities into the story. Very well written. ) Keep it up!
scrappyearnhardt chapter 2 . 6/5/2008