Reviews for A Suitor for Ashe
The story has dissolved into a jumbled disaster. The barely coherent plot is laced with lazy writing and even lazier attempt at names for places and people. Methinks the author should've just given up at least two chapters ago
I know the author hasn't written much in recent years, but in case they do decide to take up writing again, I hope this constructive criticism will help with their future endeavours.

In addition to my critique of the previous chapter - I forgot to clarify some parts - while I understand that a significant amount of time has passed in the story since the end of the game, the characters have retained none of their defining characteristics. It's as if the author wrote their own fiction novel completely unrelated to Final Fantasy XII, but then decided to swap the names for the FFXII ones without bothering to adjust what the characters were like.

In regards to this chapter, it could do with a more obvious way to signify that there was a jump in the plot. The story as a whole also could have been proofread better before publishing it, as there have been quite a few typos and silly mistakes.
While I'm quite enjoying this story, Penelo has proved to be exceedingly disappointing. I think it would have been better if a basic OC took her place, because the only similarity the Penelo in the game and this Penelo share is their name. A key to writing great fanfics is the ability to adopt a character's speech patterns and mannerisms. While it is hard to do, it feels like no attempt to do these was made, as those techniques are missing in this story with quite a few of the characters apart from Penelo - Basch in particular, he too seems like a completely different character altogether, and Ashe has become so downright bland and tedious, missing her determination and strength.
Deviling chapter 15 . 12/16/2015
I loved this story so much! Thank you for writing it!
lulu chapter 15 . 3/17/2014
I was disappointed in Ashe, if it was me I would have sent my "friends" to the gallows. ok well maybe not the gallows but I wouldn't just forgive everything so easily. I mean all she gets is 'I get it we hurt you' what kind of a half assed apology is that.
Phoebiie chapter 15 . 3/8/2014
I came across your story many times but I didnt have a chance to read it throughly. And Finally I did it today! Unbelievable amazing! Honestly, i have to say that all characters are OOC But... I love them this way!. I really do! It just simply beautiful. This story will be my favorite fanfic in FFXII. Thanks so much for a such wonderful story!
Flying Penguin chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
This is a wonderful palette cleanser of a story: well thought out and written. Thank you.
YellowShoes chapter 15 . 6/13/2013
I can't remember how many times I've gone and read this story since I first discovered it last year, but every time I did, I was still as engrossed to it as if I was reading it for the first time, especially when I have those I-need-a-little-bit-of-ff12-reminiscing moments. Also, every time I went back to this fic, it still managed to elicit the squealing, the crying, and the laughter out of me. I can't stress how much I think this story had been well worth every second, minute, or hour I spent digesting the words. Hands down, it's just that amazing. I hope you would finish the prequel, No Sky for Pirates, though. I would look forward to that. Also, if you would find your ff8 muse again, I would also love it if you'll be able to continue your Seifer/Quistis fics that were left unfinished.
Rinslet chapter 15 . 3/31/2013
Wonderful, wonderful story
Kesilin Cade chapter 15 . 1/14/2013
I read this over a year ago several times, and I recently came back to read it again and was moved to leave a review. I want to say that this is, without any question, the single best FFXII fanfic I have ever read. It's given me a better appreciation for depths of the game's characters which I hadn't before considered, the pacing is superb, the small details are divine, the emotions are gripping, and the dialogue is well-crafted. I hope some day you'll have the time to finish No Sky For Pirates, and I also hope that you'll consider writing romance professionally if you aren't already doing so.
Japanese Perverted chapter 15 . 8/23/2012
I love everything about your story. It truly is a masterpiece!
Freida Right chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
Ooh, adorable!

The word 'saturated' pops up a lot. It's an unusual and striking word; interesting, but... it felt strange to me. 0.o
Freida Right chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Interesting... This is going to be a fun read!
mythweaver1 chapter 15 . 4/17/2012
I just have to tell you-I've followed this fic from the LJ community since its beginnings, and I'm not sure if I reviewed it there, but I'll review it here.

I love. This. Story.

I'm so glad you picked up the pieces and finished it (I know there was a delay at one point). SO worth the wait.

I just re-read it this evening, and have been squeeling with all manner of delight and glee since chapter one.

Reads like Austen! Oh my goodness, it was like Darcy in disguise XP

And your prose! Ah! So beautifully written and constructed and plotted and-the final chapter! So fantastic.

All of the conversations and pairings in this story right down to each line of dialogue dripping with sarcasm and irony...

Very well done :)

~Myth
Linkmarth chapter 15 . 3/23/2012
Not sure I liked a Balthier so much like Edward, but good story nonetheless.