Reviews for A Suitor for Ashe
lulu chapter 15 . 3/17/2014
I was disappointed in Ashe, if it was me I would have sent my "friends" to the gallows. ok well maybe not the gallows but I wouldn't just forgive everything so easily. I mean all she gets is 'I get it we hurt you' what kind of a half assed apology is that.
Phoebiie chapter 15 . 3/8/2014
I came across your story many times but I didnt have a chance to read it throughly. And Finally I did it today! Unbelievable amazing! Honestly, i have to say that all characters are OOC But... I love them this way!. I really do! It just simply beautiful. This story will be my favorite fanfic in FFXII. Thanks so much for a such wonderful story!
Flying Penguin chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
This is a wonderful palette cleanser of a story: well thought out and written. Thank you.
YellowShoes chapter 15 . 6/13/2013
I can't remember how many times I've gone and read this story since I first discovered it last year, but every time I did, I was still as engrossed to it as if I was reading it for the first time, especially when I have those I-need-a-little-bit-of-ff12-reminiscing moments. Also, every time I went back to this fic, it still managed to elicit the squealing, the crying, and the laughter out of me. I can't stress how much I think this story had been well worth every second, minute, or hour I spent digesting the words. Hands down, it's just that amazing. I hope you would finish the prequel, No Sky for Pirates, though. I would look forward to that. Also, if you would find your ff8 muse again, I would also love it if you'll be able to continue your Seifer/Quistis fics that were left unfinished.
Rinslet chapter 15 . 3/31/2013
Wonderful, wonderful story
Kesilin Cade chapter 15 . 1/14/2013
I read this over a year ago several times, and I recently came back to read it again and was moved to leave a review. I want to say that this is, without any question, the single best FFXII fanfic I have ever read. It's given me a better appreciation for depths of the game's characters which I hadn't before considered, the pacing is superb, the small details are divine, the emotions are gripping, and the dialogue is well-crafted. I hope some day you'll have the time to finish No Sky For Pirates, and I also hope that you'll consider writing romance professionally if you aren't already doing so.
Japanese Perverted chapter 15 . 8/23/2012
I love everything about your story. It truly is a masterpiece!
Freida Right chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
Ooh, adorable!

The word 'saturated' pops up a lot. It's an unusual and striking word; interesting, but... it felt strange to me. 0.o
Freida Right chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Interesting... This is going to be a fun read!
mythweaver1 chapter 15 . 4/17/2012
I just have to tell you-I've followed this fic from the LJ community since its beginnings, and I'm not sure if I reviewed it there, but I'll review it here.

I love. This. Story.

I'm so glad you picked up the pieces and finished it (I know there was a delay at one point). SO worth the wait.

I just re-read it this evening, and have been squeeling with all manner of delight and glee since chapter one.

Reads like Austen! Oh my goodness, it was like Darcy in disguise XP

And your prose! Ah! So beautifully written and constructed and plotted and-the final chapter! So fantastic.

All of the conversations and pairings in this story right down to each line of dialogue dripping with sarcasm and irony...

Very well done :)

Tikitorch559 chapter 15 . 3/23/2012
Not sure I liked a Balthier so much like Edward, but good story nonetheless.
Stephanie chapter 15 . 12/10/2011
Finally, an AMAZING story between Balthier and Ashe! Thanks so much for the chapters!
with vine leaves in his hair chapter 15 . 11/18/2011
this was beautifyl. i loved your story very much.
clow-san chapter 15 . 4/28/2011
This... this is an epic. I loved the pace, it was realistic and just right. And don't even get me started with the plot. It is wonderfully and intrically done.

I love the tension and the solemnity of Balthier's character. And your Ashe, so regal and a bit more subdued which comes with maturity. I love the complication of their relationship and the way you seem to have flawlessly untangled the knots.

I love that you made Basch and Fran a married couple. I think that they suit each other very well. Your looser, er, more relaxed Basch is refreshing.

And the kids! They are grown up here. You made them believable and satisfyingly real.

Overall if I can put this in my favorite like an infinite number of times I'd do it. Lovely work of fiction. Thank God I found it.
nostalchique chapter 15 . 12/22/2010
I once came across this story back sometime during chapter seven and then when I lost interest for a time in FFXII never came back to see how it had ended. I have to say I am glad my curiosity got the better of me because this probably one of the best set ups for a Baltheir/Ashe story I've seen on the lj community and on

The plot line was excellent and even though ofc all of us knew who Balthier was I loved how believable it was that Ashe did not have any idea and the hints were so subtle within the story to make even us as a reader stop and go "Well, maybe it isn't?"

The build up to their relationship is also paced in a way that I really enjoyed and the reread factor for this fic to me at least is very very high. I want to reread it right now!