Reviews for Heir to a Warlord
Awesome9826 chapter 19 . 7/15
A very good story, though I found some of it quite...chilling in its vivid dedication to becoming parallel to the actual events. As Brilliant as the story is, I have reached my limits when it comes to Slash - I dislike reading about it as I am straight, though I couldn't care less about its presence in a story except for the fact that I dislike it and so choose not to read slash. Congratulations on a very well written story
M.K.T.M.-M chapter 33 . 6/20
I honestly wasn't too sure at some points during this book. I wanted to stop reading, to throw my phone or laptop. I wanted to forget the book existed sometimes. However, I was completely and utterly entranced by your work and I couldn't put it down. I literally called in today at work so I could stay home and finish this book. I'll admit I'm disappointed it hasn't been touched in nearly two years but c'est la vie. I love this book and where you left off is a definite cliffhanger, which I both hate and love. Anyway I hope you update soon.
A good story took awhile to get going and dragged on in places but it was interesting. I hope you continue this soon.
I absolutely loved how realistic this fiction is. There are so many details about the culture that enrich the story despite others' cries of senseless brutality. This is life in Somalia and it's amazing to see that reality threaded through the candy cane world that is canon Harry Potter.
DNugget chapter 8 . 3/26
This is horrible. Harry needs to kill his adoptive 'father', Mujahid and everyone else loyal to his father for participating in genocide, rape, and whatever else they do. Then he should work to bring down Somalia and tell Britain to fuck off for leaving him with the Dursleys.
addicted-to-the-fic chapter 15 . 3/25
To be honest I was getting a little impatient for Draco, but that last bit cracked me up. Thanks for that.
sadL chapter 19 . 12/29/2015
hawt 3
Arathelia chapter 33 . 10/20/2015
GAH! Noooo! You cannot leave this off like that!
Arathelia chapter 29 . 10/20/2015
I really love this story. I think you have managed to show an entirely different culture than most of us are used to, but without insulting it unjustly and making it seem like it is inferior to our world. While many of us readers would not support gentital mutilation, the way you have Nuri explain it actually makes it sound like a religious rite that we simply do not understand. He sees it as something commonplace in his country, something desirable in a woman, not as a method of torture that the British women seem to see it as. I think it is appropriate how you have had the girls of Hogwarts react though, simply because witches and wizards (especially the British wizarding world we have seen in the books) seems so set in its ways and incapable of understanding other viewpoints. So they see it as a bad thing, and are unable to see how Nuri would see such a thing as normal and acceptable. ((Though I do find myself wishing McGonnagle and Hermione weren't such shrews and actually tried to understand the culture he is coming from. Maybe Greengrass would be able to? She has always seemed a bit more calculating and levelheaded to me.)). And I don't think Nuri is necessarily being mysoginistic, or at least not on purpose. It is merely that he is used to not having such contact with women. They are not soldiers, nor does he have lessons with them. He is used to them being far more modest than the students he is now stuck with, so it only makes sense for him to be disdainful of what he sees as girls behaving inappropriately and dressing immodestly.

I love how you have characterized Harry in this. It is wonderfully done. And while powerful, he is not a god. His strength was hard earned and he is still struggling with the new magics.

I don't think I have seen any other author have a main character have such controversial opinions (to our society) and still manage to have them actually justify their beliefs adequately. I may not agree with them, but I can understand the belief he holds.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading the story and hope to see more updates soon!
fantasyfan1764 chapter 20 . 10/16/2015
I can almost hear Harry's mad cackle as he plans what to do in hogwarts hehe
Tenebris Domina chapter 33 . 7/14/2015
Love it
00Misty chapter 28 . 7/10/2015
oh... so Draco's just a little bitch against the great Nuri? So Nuri is just going to f%ck the wizarding world. Rape it, taking whatever he wants, leaving destruction in his wake and return to Somalia? That's it? That's what this fic is about?

I feel so cheated. Spent so much time reading this, but this fic is just is cesspool.

Why didn't you put a warning? I didn't want to read this kind of thing.
00Misty chapter 27 . 7/10/2015
So basically Somalia is just a cesspit. All you have done in this fic is highlight the nastiest and depravity of humans.

You should have put a warning: *Human Depravity*

This entire fic is senseless. What is the point of it? I've been hoping that something comes of reading all this filthiness, but all that has come of it is that "Harry" is a filthy monster who only cares for himself and his father. I was hoping something would teach him the value of human life but no. He's acting like it's his right to do what he does. No respect for anything but what his father brainwashed him into thinking.

I find it funny how he cried as soon as his father whipped him while he scorned others who were whipped. Also, I had hopped he was raped. Really hoped he was raped in the worst possible way with pieces of glass since he is so dismissive of others' pain.

You have created a filthy character with no redeemable quality other than his pretty face and eyes.

What is the point of this fic?

Also, Harry is so brainwashed, his father is basically his God. Funny thing is, the Quran says heaven lies at the feet of thy mother. Not thy father.

Also, glad the Father's real child and wife were killed so they didn't have to have the sins of having a man like that run the family. Patriatry on works if the man is wise and accountable for his actions.

What is a King without his people? That "war-lord" is lording over starving dying people. He basically failed as a leader.

Finally, magicals have an intrinsic bond with nature. They feel things differently and are more aware of things with the environment. What happened to killing splitting the soul? Harry is too sane after doing the things he did. Every character that has ever repeatedly killed in Harry Potter, became less mentally stable. His soul should have fractures in it's fractures. Also why did Dumbles agree to all the terms so easily? That's really stupid. No matter what, total immunity is ridiculous and WANDLORE freely given to any old Joe is ridiculous. Wand-making a is tightly guarded secret held by a family (like the old woman in the village who did the scarring). Why/how would Dumbles get anyone to teach that?
Jklsdf chapter 6 . 7/5/2015
What da fuck. I just read the part where Harry had to kill his first friend. That's fucked up man. Unfortunately I don't care to much because I am totally hooked but still. Fucked up.
ladydarkling chapter 33 . 7/4/2015
I first read this story (or what you'd had written of it) almost 5 years ago, and honestly it's one of the few fics of the hundreds-to-thousands I've read that has stuck with me over the years... an extremely captivating world you've built! I just wanted to say thank you. :)
1,274 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »