Reviews for Heir to a Warlord
rhizz17 chapter 33 . 1/20
Update please
AddictedDucky chapter 6 . 12/29/2016
Ah man thats sick, maybe Idris planted seed of doubt in Harry? It sure doesn't look like it so far...
Guest chapter 33 . 12/23/2016
So it's been over 2 years since the last chapter and I assume it's abandoned. A pity, as I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this story.
Fro Nekota chapter 33 . 12/10/2016
oh my godddddd, why you have to stop there?! XD
btw I have been wondering for a while since nuri came to hogward, where does mujahid sleep while nuri in dorms? and when does he eats? its very curious thing lol
ripper34 chapter 33 . 12/5/2016
Good story
afroparty chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
I have serious issues with this story that I didn't want to mention till now. First of all, no Somali would EVER adopt a white British child. Somalis are clan oriented and don't like white people. Second, you're portrayal of Somalia sounds like a typical Westerner who doesn't realize what she's actually talking about. Somalia has a government now and is slowly returning, but even before, only some parts of Somalis was runned by Warlords. Places like Somaliland were peaceful. Second, you never mentioned Islam in this story. If you are going to write about Somalia but not talk about Islan then your entire credibility is rubbish. The way you wrote this like an ireedemable wasteland made even me pissed and I'm not even Somali. You never even mentioned the past beauty of Somalia. Third, you made the entire idea of bodyguards having guns sound so foreign, when this is the reality of many developing countries like Mexico.
ANGEL-BABY9868 chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
I really love your story Heir to a Warlord i would love for you to continue writing it
Shadowmage97 chapter 7 . 10/12/2016
Well... it was an interesting read I'll give you that. However nothing makes sense and I've gotten a headache trying to understand your writing. I fear reading on will further the pain so I shall bid you a good day and leave it at that. Salam alaikum.
Shadowmage97 chapter 3 . 10/12/2016
I found this story by accident and was intrigued by the fact that it mentioned my home country of Somalia. Very interesting plot but incredibly hard to believe because Somalis are very clan and blood oriented. Adoption is not allowed in our culture though fostering is. So while it is plausible that Idris would have fostered Harry, it would have been impossible to truly make a foreigner his heir.

Somalis traditionally do not practice and usually look down upon miscegenation (the interbreeding of people considered to be of different racial types) with non-Somalis, especially those that see as being very different from themselves, such as white Europeans. (Especially with the older generations)

An important reason for this stems from the fact that Somali society revolves around clans or "paternal lineage groups", and that a Somali is defined as one who belongs to one of the 6 "noble" lineages, who in turn trace descent to the legendary founder, namesake, and patriarch of the Somali clans and nation, Samaale.

I suppose the 6 clans/lineages which encompass the whole of the Somali people function kinda similarly to the cadet houses of European aristocracy, in that 1) all of these 6 "cadet houses" are apart of a single royal house, which we call the "House of Samaale", and 2) the extensive obsession over genealogy, kept alive by the expectation that all of us (Somali children) can trace their genealogy to their clan founder, and hence back to Samaale, and 3) a shared and strong sense of equality and strict egalitarianism amongst ourselves (the Somalis), hand in hand with a strong dislike and xenophobia of non-Somalis, whom are seen as socially and racially inferior to their class. Similar to how European nobility looked their noses down upon those of the lower and common classes.

Of course times are changing and because of the rebellion and the war there are now huge diasporas of Somali peoples across the world, which leads to more intermingling with other races. Now some of the younger generation sometimes marry out but it is still not considered 'normal' as a lot of the older generations disapprove and think of it as losing culture and history.

Adoption is still forbidden amongst our people (because of the importance of tracing bloodlines and lineage back) though fostering is common though usually it is a distant family member whose family has died. His closest relative will then foster him and so on and so forth.
Shadowmage97 chapter 2 . 10/12/2016
African name is a generalization/ These are usually Somali names. There are 54 countries in Africa, each with their own language, culture and the names that go with it.
Shetan20 chapter 32 . 9/23/2016
Thank you for a very enjoyable story.
Pennieyoung chapter 33 . 9/10/2016
This is very good, would like to read more :)
Lin Koa chapter 19 . 7/15/2016
A very good story, though I found some of it quite...chilling in its vivid dedication to becoming parallel to the actual events. As Brilliant as the story is, I have reached my limits when it comes to Slash - I dislike reading about it as I am straight, though I couldn't care less about its presence in a story except for the fact that I dislike it and so choose not to read slash. Congratulations on a very well written story
M.K.T.M.-M chapter 33 . 6/20/2016
I honestly wasn't too sure at some points during this book. I wanted to stop reading, to throw my phone or laptop. I wanted to forget the book existed sometimes. However, I was completely and utterly entranced by your work and I couldn't put it down. I literally called in today at work so I could stay home and finish this book. I'll admit I'm disappointed it hasn't been touched in nearly two years but c'est la vie. I love this book and where you left off is a definite cliffhanger, which I both hate and love. Anyway I hope you update soon.
Guest chapter 33 . 5/25/2016
A good story took awhile to get going and dragged on in places but it was interesting. I hope you continue this soon.
1,276 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »