Reviews for Journey's End
charmony chapter 20 . 8/9/2012 heart just about broke for Zoe and Jim and what they have yet to face. Particularly Zoe thinking first that she was losing a baby and then finding out that, not only was she never pregnant, but that she never would be. So incredibly sad, yet as always, you treated the characters with a lot of respect and dignity, not to mention how well you wove all the pieces together. And now Zoe and Jim are getting married. Sigh...that's so beautiful. Loved it!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 20 . 3/20/2012
The idea of Inara as a travelling artist is certainly an original touch, and the crisis they found themselves facing after rescuing Eve was an excellent idea in its simplicity, putting the crew in one of those ever-complicated positions where what’s legally ‘right’ conflicts with what’s morally right (Even if in those situations most of the time moral right just HAS to take precedent).

Subsequent events as a simple holiday was quickly revealed to have far more going on at the destination was particularly well-written, creating a horrifying and disturbing image of the group’s current adversaries as we face a group whose motives are nothing more elaborate than twisted self-preservation and extremely warped religion (Even the Alliance can ‘justify’ their actions on the grounds that they were ‘for the greater good’, even if few people who learn how they screwed up actually believe that line of crap).

Jim’s fate was particularly dramatic, but Jayne’s view of the cult was also chilling, even if Zoe quickly managed to turn the tables on her would-be captor even before Mal and the others showed up, although the subsequent discovery of the diary created a chilling picture of the degradation and insanity that destroyed that first group of settlers (A few flukes of genetics and a bit of bad environmental luck might be tolerable on their own, but put them together and the conditions you describe are enough to push anyone over the edge).

Zoe’s personal fate was, in its way, almost more tragic than the mess that the settlers had to deal with- at least they could have had a chance if something had turned out differently; from what I read, Zoe only learned that there was a problem when it was too late to do anything about it-, and Jim’s slow steps to recovery were well-written, with the final moment between him and Zoe being very moving in its simplicity.

Once again, great job; keep up the good work!
Whyt Wulf chapter 20 . 9/8/2008
You submit these people to more abuse than I ever thought imaginable! Somehow, though, they always pull through.

I've been out of the Firefly business for quite a while, but it's amazing how easy it is to pick the thread back up when I start reading your stories. That's a tribute to your superior storytelling, I imagine.
CanadianAbby chapter 20 . 6/24/2008
Oh wow, another ending. That was amazing as always! The way you bring out complex emotions and difficult situations/dilema's just blows me away. And I do love how it ends up being the simple things that matter the most. Very true to the Firefly 'verse. Kinda sad to see it end, but lookin forward to more adventures with the crew.
azarathangel chapter 20 . 6/23/2008
WOW so good! great finale to this WONDERFUL story and what a marvelous, action-packed, firefly/serenity mal/river wonderful twenty days this has been! i am so excited for the new installment you have NO idea! i was at best buy and a random tv was playing serenity so i got into a total serenity mood and so i had to reread this chapter again cause it's awesome and please get a new story going as soon as you can! you're amazing! -ash
corey chapter 20 . 6/23/2008
thanks for writing theses stories it is like the show never got cancelled. thank
Stardust0808 chapter 20 . 6/23/2008
It was a delightful story, if a bit sad on Zoe's part. I'm just wondering if the crew of the Hit or Miss will be making an appearance soon? Great Story!

Wake-up Soon chapter 20 . 6/23/2008
Love your stories.

Can't wait for more!
Boombaye chapter 20 . 6/23/2008
Yay and no yay...

No yay for ending.

Yay for new beginning.

Brave souls who stuck with you so far ?

You're right, anyone who stuck with you this long can deal with a Reaver and not freak out.
Fififelicity chapter 20 . 6/23/2008
I loved this installment like all your others and I really hope everything works out for Zoe and Jim! cant wait for your next story!
koiia-halo chapter 20 . 6/22/2008
I was grinning when I read this. I loved Zoe and Jim's interaction. (: Love Adam too. I'm still always surprised how natural your OCs fit into the crew. XD Well, it was fun reading this, very glad it ended on a happy note (as always).
SerenityHope15 chapter 19 . 6/22/2008
Aw I love Adam!
Wake-up Soon chapter 19 . 6/22/2008
aw, Adam is so cute!

Bless his little cotton socks!
Boombaye chapter 19 . 6/22/2008
Yay, a slightly less mind-numbingly angsty.

After you said Regan and Gabriel are arrogant idiot in 'Crash Course' I decided to look into the summary.

Guess what ?

"Takes place three months after the events of Bloodlines"

*scrolls down*

"This story takes place after the events of The Family Way"

*frown* *scrolls down*

"This story takes place six months after the events of Revolution"

*eyes narrow* *more scrolling*

"This story is set one year after the events of Holding Pattern"

*eyes seem to flash with anger* *scrollage*

"This story takes place four months after the events of Rock and a Hard Place"

*breaks 300 year old crystal glass in hand* *scrolls down with hand that isn't bleeding*

"Takes place after the events of The Little Things. This is the ending of the MalRiver storyline which started with Voices."

*eyes glow pure white in rage* *scrolls down*

"This 8part story takes place immediately after the events of Small Beginnings"

*punches hole in wall* *scrolls on despite the agony from shrapnel from the broken wall*

"This story takes place immediately after the events of Best Laid Plans"

*more blind rage and collateral damage* *scrolling*

"This story takes place immediately after the events of Measure of a Man"

*brain starts to see the effects of reverse evolution* *scrolling South*

"Sequel to Hostages to Fortune"

*writes Last Will and Testament in own blood on walls* *scrolling with feet due to hands being occupied*

"MalRiver. A sixpart fic set one year postBDM. NOW COMPLETE!"

*small sigh of relief* *clicks Vow of Silence as Stealth Fighters carpet bomb house*

What I thought was gonna be a short, 1 hour read turned into you loading me with enough reading material for the next 3 weeks !

You authors and your dumb sequels.

Can't give us a break, can you ?
azarathangel chapter 19 . 6/22/2008
man you scared me a little today when i woke up and there wasn't a new chapter to read. then my inbox didn't show anything when i got back this afternoon but then chapter nineteen came up and everything was okay. haha great chapter, yay for jim finally waking up and i really hope he gets his orientation and such worked out! can't wait for more! -ash