Reviews for Into the Storm
storygirl58 chapter 24 . 6/7
I have to say... this was just utterly amazing. I loved every moment and couldn't resist reading. It was impossible to put down! Well done! I was so nervous this would be another story I was invested in and wouldn't see the end of, but I'm so glad to see there's a continuation already! Awesome job!
Hardhead_Hamster:
Wow. This is easily the best piece of fan fiction I've read. Ever. It really is that good.
It reads like pro, organized and planned and planted with endless little nods, once you look back.
You have to be an author, right? This is your little folly, writing Star Wars fanfiction, isn't it?
I ask because I'm a pretty critical reader and I read a lot, But there isn't a plot, ploy or trick that you slipped on, here. I read this first book in 2 sittings, because you made it un put-downable. I have a terrible feeling the next book will steal my life in just the same way.

All the characters undergo major major changes, but so subtly as to be completely believable. It all makes a dark and horrific sense, with each action stemming from the last like a landslide.
Dark!Luke comes over particularly well. This is easily the most credible way I've ever read of his turning Sith: "Your compassion is your weakness".
And while we're on the subject, your Palpatine is outstanding. A lot of people have written that this is the best Sidious they've ever read, and they ain't kidding!
I also really like how all the characters stay in character, yet change completely. This story doesn't shy away from that. These are soul-crushing changes, and I guess they'll carry on through the entire run of stories.
I feel several days of un put-downable reading coming on!
All the descriptions and settings are just long enough to form a strong mental picture, but still short enough to hold attention, stay interesting and keep moving. All the chapters feel complete, with a beginning a middle and an end that feeds into the larger story arc, always.
The pace feels like pro literature. Not rushed, not dragging. It just makes the reader wants to keep reading.
The narrated rumours and ancient Jedi texts and visions and dreams all go towards giving this story a depth that feels so very canon-real and harkens back to the original trilogy and it's line, A long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away. It has that epic feel and sense of scale which gives it that canon feel.
I'm off now for another immersion into this universe you've created. I'd say I hope it holds, but you know what, I have faith!
Take me where you want.
HaywireEagle chapter 23 . 3/21
The whole wolf, feral jedi, and the like is a little too terran and doesn't really fit the setting to be honest.
HaywireEagle chapter 8 . 3/21
Damn, Luke definitely has is mother's bite because that was savage.
Kurlan Aank chapter 10 . 1/21
Now that I read this again with better understanding... this story is rather marvelous... I can picture every detail with perfect clarity and just this last part makes me pity Vader even more.

He thought he was so... right and in the end, even he understands that he has destroyed every thing and still shows regret for some of his actions. Pride is a rather interesting emotion and watching as Vader's pride become his downfall once again makes me realize how much I like him as a character.

And I love the little things that go on behind the scenes as well. I can imagine Palpatine's spies working in overtime as they plant and turn over all this evidence to destroy and discredit Luke. I definitely did like Leia's part and I find myself just shaking my head at how craft Palpatine is for making all of this happen.
Kurlan Aank chapter 8 . 1/20
I really can't help but pity Vader right now... damn... Like is rather... sauve when it comes to his words.

I really like Palpatine in this story... like good god I really like him. He's probably one of the best villains ever. He's manipulative, sneaky, and cunning (letting Lando and the others go, is obviously a nice ploy by him) and rather ruthless as well.
Kurlan Aank chapter 4 . 1/20
Definitely like this last few chapters now that Palpatine is introduced and the last scene of this one just made me like him even more. It really shows why Palpatine is so dangerous.

I like the little tiblet about how he refers Luke as in 'it' instead of a person and the way he is looking over Luke like an object really does show that he does not want him to like him, or even follow his ideas. He wants him to obey and when the obedience line was used I immediately thought up of Bioshock. Really, really grand.
Kurlan Aank chapter 1 . 1/20
Ugh... I had forgotten this story existed and its about time I started reviewing it.

This small flick in the story is a rather interesting concept and now with it here, I can read this tale for my own pleasure and see this take on what happens when Luke gets captured this early. Can't wait to see the Emperor again. You're portray of him has got to be one of the best portray's of him handsdown.
And so we see the fall
The cards game is pure brilliance. And the framing of Luke was exucuted nicely.
Enjoying the story so far. Thank writing it.
-Daniel Barry
The cards game is pure brilliance. And the framing of Luke was exucuted nicely.
Enjoying the story so far. Thank writing it.
-Daniel Barry
Simianpower chapter 24 . 12/30/2016
Although very, very slow, this was good. I'll give it 7/10. I do hope that the other two parts have more action and less melodrama, though. :)
Simianpower chapter 19 . 12/30/2016
The wolf imagery was way overdone, but otherwise this was pretty good. Not everyone gets to be Paksennarion.
Simianpower chapter 14 . 12/30/2016
As Han said. Finally, a little action! It only took 13 chapters to get there!
Simianpower chapter 13 . 12/30/2016
Palpatine's actually right about the Jedi. They were corrupt, they were blind, they did steal Luke away and hide him from everyone without any training or knowledge, and yet put all their hopes in him. What was the point? If he was their final hope, why not train him? I've seen that theory about Kenobi around before, and it holds a lot of water.