Reviews for Into the Storm
kailynx chapter 10 . 9/21
I like Nathan Hallin, though I wonder if you got the inspiration for the name from Mark Hamill's son, hehe. And I believe what he said about Luke being indoctrinated and brainwashed by the Rebel Alliance is what Palpatine was planning to do to him.

Palpatine's manipulation about Luke being betrayed by people he trusted the most must have taken root by now, as reflected in the conversation between Vader and Luke. Such disillusionment was so deep and brilliantly portrayed.
Imperial agent(s) planting small, suspicious tidbits that coincidentally fit with all the events that had happened prior to Luke being captured. Couldn't they attribute Luke's knowledge of Millennium Falcon's whereabouts to his ability as a Jedi?

I think Madine's imperial background might make him more susceptible to this ploy...

Lol at those books. And what a brilliant exchange of information (more from Han to Luke anyway) disguised in such nonsensical card game.
kailynx chapter 9 . 9/18

They got to create faux message using Luke's voice sample too?
kailynx chapter 8 . 9/17
Was I mistaken, or did lord of the ugly, wrinkly and creepy just acted a little pedophile towards Luke? Luke was a young adult, but the way Palpy called him 'child' and sort of physically touching him like that was really spooky.
kailynx chapter 6 . 8/17
A pact with the devil himself.
cariedark chapter 17 . 8/17
Absolutely agree with Mara's emotions about Vader, his relation to his own son enrages me
kailynx chapter 5 . 8/16
I really liked how you wrote Palpatine here. Being such a master of manipulations, it was no wonder the galaxy fell into his hands. I had to admire Luke's resolve to play the mind game against one as scary as him.
kailynx chapter 7 . 8/18
I loved Han's comment on swapping place. His punchline was among the best! And I wonder if Luke was good in sabacc because he cheated using the Force, either he was using it consciously or not. Hope you could satisfy my curiosity.
kailynx chapter 4 . 8/14
For one second I almost believed that Luke had summoned Leia by implanting some thoughts on the troopers and others, even when Hallin mentioned that he wasn't yet awake from the surgery (Luke could fake it using the Force or something). Then I have to knock myself on the head - the term Commander was already the biggest clue that it was all a ruse by Palpatine! And Mara's suspicious acquiescent to allow Leia in.
kailynx chapter 3 . 8/13
Love the father and son moment, however brief it might be. What the heck happening in the last part of this chapter? Something Luke did?

Moving on to the next chapter.
kailynx chapter 2 . 8/4
I love the arguments between father and son, they were brilliantly done. I wonder how it would turn out if Luke decided to watch the holo-projector and still resist to join Vader afterwards.
kailynx chapter 1 . 8/1
I believe this chapter is easily one of the best introductions ever in the Star Wars ficdom. But then, knowing that it's the beginning of an epic trilogy, it's to be expected. You nailed the interactions between Luke and Vader perfectly. And there's a small, rare, tender moment from Vader that made this a gem.
OriksGaming chapter 7 . 7/8
Hook, line and sinker. Leia is going to believe the Empire's carefully crafted lies and 'leaked' information. And she calls herself his sister?! Oh, wait, no, she doesn't. I wonder how the alliance will take it when they discover that she's also Darth Vader's daughter.
Erebus of Chaos chapter 4 . 4/11
So... I'm back for something like my third re-read of this story. Just wanted to drop a line saying thank you!
darthvcder chapter 1 . 3/22
I really like your writing, it is almost poetic! Though sometimes I would replace the '...' with a comma. But very good first chapter, I am immensely curious for the rest!