Reviews for In His Shoes
Eaglet98 chapter 13 . 8/5
I honestly love you as an author, and adore your avatar fics. You are bringing the darker side to the series that was unable to be expressed in the TV show. Your analysis of zuko and sokka in this fic is incredible and the idea orignal. I love your another brother au, and how it looked at what may of happened if zuko mother hadn't left. It gave me a need to read more hurt! zuko adopted by the water tribe fics but could find none that didn't make me cringe within the first paragraph. I beg you to write more avatar fics, and although theses were written in 2010ish and its is currently 2016 I will hold hope.
nightkitty555 chapter 4 . 3/27
It's good to see Sokka learning so much. Seeing him with the girls is great. and Toph's totally starting to think that "Sokka" might like her back.
nightkitty555 chapter 3 . 3/24
I like Sokka learning things. Zuko needs to catch up.
nightkitty555 chapter 1 . 3/24
This could be fun!
Silvershadow471 chapter 19 . 3/22
I've been hanging out on the Assassin's Creed side of FFnet for a while, and I thought I should check out what some of my friends had been writing, and one of them just started an Avatar fic yesterday, and since I've seen the series three times I thought I should look through the library of 40.5k fics, and then I stumbled across this because I can spot a Freaky Friday story from a mile away, but I had an essay to write, but I can't turn down a body swap fic (especially one with a thousand favorites), and so I read the whole thing today, ALL 101,987 WORDS, and that essay still isn't done, and maybe I'll kick myself for it tomorrow, but right now it was so worth it.

Seeing as you wrote this over the course of four years, and that in turn was four years ago, I'm sure you've already heard it all and are well past this fic, so simply put: Kudos to you, my good author. I love that you were able to keep the names straight and everything easy to read. I don't love how the ending seemed a bit abrupt. All in all, a definite favorite. That you write this much this well would make any fandom glad to have you. n.n
Ywi chapter 19 . 3/11
This is a great story, I enjoyed reading it very much. And while I personally think it could have been interesting if the plot had been a bit more canon divergent, that paled in comparison to just how interesting you wrote the inner conflicts of the characters. I think what I liked the most was the way Zuko interacted with Hakoda, because it felt so incredible in character. The relationship between Sokka and Mai was great too. And the fact that there was that much Toph in the story. There can never be enough Toph, for she is the most amazing of them all (and honestly, when she started calling Zuko 'Sparky' I was very amused. Toph, you are too perceptive for your own good.)
Thank you very much for this story.
Espied7 chapter 19 . 11/12/2015
So great!
Spannerspoon chapter 19 . 11/3/2015
Brilliant! A great story and extremely well written. I loved it!
Guest chapter 12 . 9/25/2015
Love it so far!
Nikolai22 chapter 19 . 9/8/2015
Just finished it.
Well done, though the ending two chapters could have had more done with them or could have went differently.
I especially congratulate that you kept it clear as to who was who. I read a similar story to this about Katara and Azula but t was impossible to tell who was who because people kept being referenced to using words like
"She" in this story it was obvious and known that Zuko ment Zuko in Sokka's body and that Sokka was Sokka in Zuko's body.
Nikolai22 chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
Lol (after reading chapter 1) I always thought that would be the funniest thing ever if two people were fighting and killed eachother and then both go as spirits at the same time like
"you killed me!"
"What? You killed ME!"
"You started it!"
"Your the one who got mad when I beat you!"
"Well you were a douchebag about it!"
(The setting for that conversation would be after a sword dual by two nobles...it was to the fiirst blood but then one got mad and it became to the death and they both impaled each other)
"I had a family you prick!"
"Well I had a beard growing in!"
"Well...now what...wait...I just realized we're dead."
"Well...great we're both dead. Happy now?"
"No"
"...truce?"
"What?"
"I said do you wanna truce?"
"After you FUCKING KILLED ME?!"
"...y-yess?"
"Fine"
"Really?"
"Why not we both killed each other what's the point of being enemies for eternity...this is weird."
"Oh that's great! Not like if you refused I woulda tried to kille you again or anything. *attempts to slap the other guy on the back but hand goes right through* Not that I woulda been able too anyway."
"You're still a douchebag."
"Yea well you killed me."
"And I can same the same about you."
"Ok...well at least I never pissed myself in a fight before."
"How did you?! STOP LOOKING AT MY DEAD BODY DAMNIT!"
*snickers*
InsanityIsClarity chapter 19 . 7/12/2015
This was spectacular... Definitely a favorite of mine!
Flavio S chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
This, and your other avatar stories are really great. This friendship between Sokka and Zuko is really interesting. Although I found it weird that Sokka and Mai ended up together.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/24/2015
I love how this story allowed Sokka and Zuko to create such a strong bond with each other, without breaking their characters much. The way the story was presented in great detail from many different perspectives was great :D (it couldn't have been easy).

The way this plot weaves itself seamlessly into canon was ingenius