Reviews for In His Shoes
Outasync chapter 19 . 4/15
Great story. I discovered it via the "Relatives Over Romance" community, and read it straight through in one go. I really like the way you managed to follow the original story while adding your own twist. I would never have thought Sokka and Zuko were so alike, but you draw very neat parallels between them.

Thanks for posting this.
axel100 chapter 19 . 3/28
Well previous reviews aside, you managed the rest of this quite nicely. Perhaps this story could have gone in different directions, but you ended it very well. Thanks for a mostly enjoyable read.
axel100 chapter 11 . 3/28
You'll never be able to bet on what happens next!

Actually it was easy. You set things up to shoehorn Sokka into fighting Ang just as Zuko did in the show. I've said this in a previous review but this shouldn't be about having Sokka and Zukko being forced into the actions of the original series. In this case, would Azula even go into battle with an unwilling ally. When Zuko turned it made sense, but hear, Azula's hold over Sokka is predicated on her being able to carry out her threat. If she loses the fight, then the threat is eliminated. And helping Ang and Katara beat Azula is one sure way to make sure she loses. I know your trying to have Zuko and Sokka walk that mile in each others shoes, but the mile should be the "road less traveled" and not the well worn path laid out by the show. Sokka and Zuko are different personalities. They will make different decisions that should cause the plot to deviate greatly from the original story. So far your just shoehorning them into the same plot line.
axel100 chapter 9 . 3/28
Honestly, I think this chapter would have been better had Katara gone to meet her father while Zuko discovered his sister posing as Suki. Katara gets to hash out her differences with her dad. Zuko and Azula would both be in the position of interacting with each other while trying not to tip the other off as to their true identity. Perhaps, ironically enough, it would have been Azula who figured out that "Sokka" was not who he appeared to be.

I realize your trying to use the original story as a guide but this feels like a missed opportunity.
Mari83 chapter 19 . 3/22
Now that I've come to the end, let me say: Cool idea and great execution. Intrigued what they did with the other's identity, talent, restrictions, and how well they fit in at the end.
Mari83 chapter 13 . 3/22
Oh, so Toph is calling Zuko-Sokka Sparkie now.

Sokka-Zuko is adepting very well to palace life- glad he helped Hakoda and his men to escape. And if only he knew why Iroh is not talking to him.
I feel for Mai though – caught in her role and not really getting Zuko back.
Mari83 chapter 12 . 3/22
Love how Hakoda's imprisonment is affecting the _both_!
Mari83 chapter 10 . 3/21
Wahhh! First the reunion and then Azula ripping them apart again. Frantically clicking for next chapter.
Mari83 chapter 6 . 3/20
Oh, love the idea of Zuko-Sokka using the White Lotus! Teams up perfectly with Aang, it turns out:-)
Mari83 chapter 3 . 3/19
Great, now I've been sucked into a second story of yours. True addiction.
So how will Zuko help them find Appa?
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 19 . 3/2
this is quite possibly one of the most simultaneously hilarious, heart-warming, and heart-wrenching stories i've ever read. thank you for so wonderfully conveying the image of sokka and zuko trying to navigate each other's lives - it was amazing to watch them learn to understand each other, and be jealous of each other, and appreciate their own lives, and just be themselves even when they were in such a strange situation. it was great (plus all their jabs about each other's habits - sokka's hunger & slouching, zuko's scowliness - were priceless :D))
They say animals can sense unusual occurrences. What if Momo can understand that the Zuko resides in Sokka? And what if he attacks him? Aang's bound to trust his pet. It'll be worse when they get Appa back. A giant flying beast can do much more damage than a flying lemur. Though if Appa can sense the switch too, he'll probably act friendly towards Zuko because he has Sokka's spirit.
erisol chapter 12 . 2/24
I wonder if Sokka will help Azula in some way.
erisol chapter 10 . 2/22
really good. The story is perfectly writing.