Reviews for In His Shoes
Guest chapter 13 . 7/27/2014
That was amazing
Guest chapter 12 . 7/27/2014
OMG THIS HOW COULD YOU (this is so good, such a cool twist). THIS BETTER END HAPPY I SWEAR (I am so caught up in this GREAT JOB YOU I just also am REALLY WORRIED about everyone *SOB*)
Guest chapter 11 . 7/27/2014
HOW DARE YOU
Guest chapter 9 . 7/27/2014
MY HEART
Moxy chapter 5 . 7/27/2014
This was so sad. It's amazing how you've worked the original plot with the characters switched, with both of them believable. Yet, there's definitely a change going within each of them from their experiences. I also love how slowly Sokka went from not caring how people treated him in Zuko's body to getting frustrated with it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
This is the craziest thing oh wow I LOVE YOU I WISH I COULD WRITE MORE COHERENT REVIEW BUT I'M SELFISH AND WANT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER INSTEAD 333333
Tasss chapter 19 . 7/1/2014
This was a wonderful story! The idea of Zuko and Sokka switching bodies is a great idea, but what makes it work so well is the fact that the story is so well written. All the characters' personalities are on point (even when in the wrong body...) and it's enjoyable to read how both Zuko and Sokka deal with the other's life from their own perspective. Zuko's grumpiness and Sokka's jokiness (if that's a word) shine through.

I did think the run-in between Sokka and Zuko at the start escalated quite quickly, especially as I think it was suspiciously convenient that Zuko had his dao swords with him even though he was working at the tea shop, and although this was the case, he still had difficulty taking down the unarmed Sokka (and I know Sokka found a crowbar, but Zuko's supposed to be pretty good with those blades). But anyway, after their deaths, the great spirits stepped in, and it was interesting to see Agni portrayed as a red robe wearing man. But how did Zuko know what he looked like?

I loved the way the action scenes were written out and of course all the pandemonium that ensues when there's trouble was well written. I like how the story did follow canon, but moved away at certain points as well, such as the Imprisonment chapters. The part where Zuko (in Sokka's body) is being brainwashed was a brilliant idea and funny when he was actually telling the truth but of course, it didn't make sense to the Dai Li agents. I did wonder how they might get out of that one, but I should never doubt Toph's and Katara's capabilities!

When Zuko thought Sokka had betrayed him after telling Zuko to get Aang to go into the avatar state, I was confused as to why Zuko would be so angry at Sokka. Surely he would have known that Sokka wouldn't want Aang to get hurt, let alone aid Azula in killing him? But later I understood that Zuko thought Sokka wanted to take over his place, and rule in the Fire Nation (with Zuko's body), which explains Zuko's anger, but maybe not his protectiveness of Aang from Sokka.

The more tender moments of this story are heart warming and I think the description of Jin is lovely, making her seem much prettier and more significant than I ever saw her. But, I do not agree with the Sokka/Mai pairing at all! I don't think Sokka would like Mai's emotionless, dreary demeanour, and Mai would probably think Sokka was too happy/jokey/goofy. But it's an interesting pair-up made by the author.

Also, Iroh is such a strong character, and I thought the role he played in this fic was great!

I like how the story ended on a happy note after the whole war business, and I can see how Sokka and Zuko would become good friends.
korasami chapter 19 . 6/23/2014
Ahhh, this was such an amazing fic! I was a bit hesitant to read at first, because I knew it wasn't Sokka/Zuko, but I am so glad I did! (And I love gen fics more than anything!) I was a bit shocked by the end pairings (but, hey, at least it wasn't Zutara).
Karamelli chapter 2 . 6/15/2014
Thanks for the LiveJournal tip! Definitely goin' to check it out.
TonalArchitect chapter 3 . 6/2/2014
Eh. It's nice, but I absolutely despise the "Freaky Friday" scenario. Pretty well written nonetheless.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/5/2014
Zuko hasn't met the team pet, Momo, yet. Where is that crazy critter?
logarhythm chapter 19 . 4/20/2014
I don't usually review, but I have to say... this was extraordinary. Everyone's in character (even when they're not themselves - jeez that must've been hard to write), the plotline is interesting and believable and WOW ORIGINAL. I have yet to find another fic anywhere that follows anything resembling this theme. It was very interesting to read about and I LOVED it to the core, and now I'm going to start re-reading it all over again because wow. Just thought you should know, 'cause this is one of my all-time favourite A:tLA stories.
Outasync chapter 19 . 4/15/2014
Great story. I discovered it via the "Relatives Over Romance" community, and read it straight through in one go. I really like the way you managed to follow the original story while adding your own twist. I would never have thought Sokka and Zuko were so alike, but you draw very neat parallels between them.

Thanks for posting this.
axel100 chapter 19 . 3/28/2014
Well previous reviews aside, you managed the rest of this quite nicely. Perhaps this story could have gone in different directions, but you ended it very well. Thanks for a mostly enjoyable read.
axel100 chapter 11 . 3/28/2014
You'll never be able to bet on what happens next!

Actually it was easy. You set things up to shoehorn Sokka into fighting Ang just as Zuko did in the show. I've said this in a previous review but this shouldn't be about having Sokka and Zukko being forced into the actions of the original series. In this case, would Azula even go into battle with an unwilling ally. When Zuko turned it made sense, but hear, Azula's hold over Sokka is predicated on her being able to carry out her threat. If she loses the fight, then the threat is eliminated. And helping Ang and Katara beat Azula is one sure way to make sure she loses. I know your trying to have Zuko and Sokka walk that mile in each others shoes, but the mile should be the "road less traveled" and not the well worn path laid out by the show. Sokka and Zuko are different personalities. They will make different decisions that should cause the plot to deviate greatly from the original story. So far your just shoehorning them into the same plot line.
864 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »