Reviews for In His Shoes
erisol chapter 12 . 2/24/2014
I wonder if Sokka will help Azula in some way.
erisol chapter 10 . 2/22/2014
really good. The story is perfectly writing.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 19 . 2/14/2014
Lovely, lovely, lovely story. I had a lot of fun reading this.
wingofpain chapter 19 . 2/14/2014
A pity you didn't include a more detailed reaction about how Mai discovered the "my-boyfriend-actually-belongs-in-another-body-things", It would have been hilarious :P

Otherwise, it was a great fic
SilveredFoxeh chapter 19 . 1/19/2014
This was a wild read.

I ... have to say that while I dislike reading things that follow cannon (mostly because no matter how far you go you KNOW where you will end up. It takes surprise out of the equation) and I don't entirely like freaky friday stories...

Holy Spirit Gods.

The way you laid this out was amazing enough that it may have permanently warped the way I think of those episodes, if only because I could SEE them acting so out of character like this as if they actually had switched selves. I kindof want to re-watch that whole chunk of series now with the PoV of them being the other person and imagining how things would have gone. Because you rock as a descriptive writer. Also I know I'll never find one but hot darn do I want to find a Sokka firebender fic somewhere now. You have alot of talent writing those scenes, and despite my earlier preferences you brought something new to the table that makes me want more (unfortunately to realize that this is such a gem and rarity that I won't GET more fics like this but ah well) I actually spent the whole night reading it (you caught my attention and I was a bit hooked) I had originally started this on a whim just having finished one of your other stories (Teach your Children well - which I liked so much I had to come see if there was anything more by you) Glad to see there was, maybe some small typos here and there, and flow problems (mostly inherent to writing something with so very MANY points of view all scattering about hijaking your plot bunnies and dragging them all over creation) Nothing that doesn't happen to most of us (though I've been awful at letting my bunnies go loose. I have a small mountain of ideas I've just never gotten to doing anything with, and so I just read)

Nice additions with the understanding and paralells, as well as the little things like the physical differences, muscle memories, and all that. It was a VERY nice touch. Though I would have loved to see Sokka really understand how Zuko got that scar, and comprehend that he was going through the same thing: Missing his home.

I liked this far too much and I shall probably blame you if I go on an Avatar kick, but in all honesty, it was getting close to about time to go rewatch the series anyways XP
kjirstin.bjurnberg chapter 19 . 1/2/2014
Thanks for the story. I couldn't stop until I was done. You made me laugh out loud a lot.
too-much-inspiration chapter 19 . 11/27/2013
Very nicely written. You worked the storyline and the plot well throughout this, and I greatly enjoyed the ending. Thank you for posting this!
Guest chapter 19 . 9/20/2013
This was wonderful!
Hailey813 chapter 19 . 9/16/2013
I really liked this story. I ended up reading in the 'actual' boy's voice. Then went back and pictured how the other would have looked with their reactions. hahahaa I had a great time! Great job
rayeveryday chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Dude this is tight. I liked that you acknowledged that even though they're from opposite elements their hatred and stubbornness makes them very much alike. Can wait to keep reading!
Meph chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Gahaha Zuko losing to Sokka. New low.
TigerStriper chapter 11 . 8/30/2013
So I really really don't like when fanfics mimic long extended scenes from their original source. But at the same time I really like your story so I'm very conflicted.
Warpwind chapter 10 . 8/29/2013
very good point with azulas backup plan
EvilFuzzy9 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
In all fairness to Sokka, Zuko WAS the one who started the fight. I mean, the guy drew swords on him while all he had to grab a broken pipe just to defend himself - implying that he was unarmed, or at least not carrying anything that would have helped in a sword fight. Self defense, natch. :P

But then I AM admittedly biased in Sokka's favor, so maybe that's just me. Still, though, it feels like the spirits were being a little too harsh on him, considering the circumstances - Sokka has very good reason to mistrust Zuko, and he WAS only acting in self defense. Not that he's blameless or anything, but in this instance at least it seems very unfair that Agni and Yue would blame him as much as Zuko, when all he did was bump into the guy while heading into a tea shop, where Zuko promptly flipped out and started attacking him.

Basically, I guess what I'm saying it that it seems an awful lot like blaming the victim, what with Sokka getting the same punishment as Zuko when all he was doing was fighting in self-defense - it's not like he would have been able to talk the guy down, really. If he hadn't fought back he would've been... well, actually, I suppose Zuko might have taken him captive and tried to make him reveal Aang's whereabouts, but Iroh would have been disapproving of this and tried to convince Zuko to let go of the past, and Sokka probably would not have helped matters by insulting and/or taunting Zuko, and Zuko would have lost his temper and started insulting Sokka back by calling him stuff like peasant and savage before once more trying to get Aang's location out of Sokka, only for Sokka to spit back that he was no traitor, and this would have caught Zuko off guard, and Sokka would take that opportunity to enumerate all the many things the Fire Nation had taken from him and his people, and finish his tirade by saying that he would die before betraying his sister or his friends... and then maybe Zuko either would have been caught off balance by this and started questioning his beliefs, or else would have lost his temper and offered to do Sokka in if he wanted to die so much, and if the latter Iroh probably would have stepped in and...

aw, dang it, I'm gonna end up doing a fanfanfic of this, aren't I? It's a very interesting concept, and it is giving me ideas, but I figure I would want to ask your permission before doing anything... if I DID do anything...

Cripes, and I've only finished the first chapter of this. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME, BRAIN?
BrowniePoints chapter 9 . 7/12/2013
"She turned and stared in shock and horror. Zuko."

And then that part at the end of the chapter...

Oh, Avacado, you kill me with the irony! It's Sokka, but Katara doesn't know he's Zuko...
So, so well done. Usually I hate freaky-Friday switches. This? This is fantastic.
869 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »