Reviews for In His Shoes
too-much-inspiration chapter 19 . 11/27/2013
Very nicely written. You worked the storyline and the plot well throughout this, and I greatly enjoyed the ending. Thank you for posting this!
Guest chapter 19 . 9/20/2013
This was wonderful!
Hailey813 chapter 19 . 9/16/2013
I really liked this story. I ended up reading in the 'actual' boy's voice. Then went back and pictured how the other would have looked with their reactions. hahahaa I had a great time! Great job
rayeveryday chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Dude this is tight. I liked that you acknowledged that even though they're from opposite elements their hatred and stubbornness makes them very much alike. Can wait to keep reading!
Meph chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Gahaha Zuko losing to Sokka. New low.
TigerStriper chapter 11 . 8/30/2013
So I really really don't like when fanfics mimic long extended scenes from their original source. But at the same time I really like your story so I'm very conflicted.
Warpwind chapter 10 . 8/29/2013
very good point with azulas backup plan
EvilFuzzy9 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
In all fairness to Sokka, Zuko WAS the one who started the fight. I mean, the guy drew swords on him while all he had to grab a broken pipe just to defend himself - implying that he was unarmed, or at least not carrying anything that would have helped in a sword fight. Self defense, natch. :P

But then I AM admittedly biased in Sokka's favor, so maybe that's just me. Still, though, it feels like the spirits were being a little too harsh on him, considering the circumstances - Sokka has very good reason to mistrust Zuko, and he WAS only acting in self defense. Not that he's blameless or anything, but in this instance at least it seems very unfair that Agni and Yue would blame him as much as Zuko, when all he did was bump into the guy while heading into a tea shop, where Zuko promptly flipped out and started attacking him.

Basically, I guess what I'm saying it that it seems an awful lot like blaming the victim, what with Sokka getting the same punishment as Zuko when all he was doing was fighting in self-defense - it's not like he would have been able to talk the guy down, really. If he hadn't fought back he would've been... well, actually, I suppose Zuko might have taken him captive and tried to make him reveal Aang's whereabouts, but Iroh would have been disapproving of this and tried to convince Zuko to let go of the past, and Sokka probably would not have helped matters by insulting and/or taunting Zuko, and Zuko would have lost his temper and started insulting Sokka back by calling him stuff like peasant and savage before once more trying to get Aang's location out of Sokka, only for Sokka to spit back that he was no traitor, and this would have caught Zuko off guard, and Sokka would take that opportunity to enumerate all the many things the Fire Nation had taken from him and his people, and finish his tirade by saying that he would die before betraying his sister or his friends... and then maybe Zuko either would have been caught off balance by this and started questioning his beliefs, or else would have lost his temper and offered to do Sokka in if he wanted to die so much, and if the latter Iroh probably would have stepped in and...

aw, dang it, I'm gonna end up doing a fanfanfic of this, aren't I? It's a very interesting concept, and it is giving me ideas, but I figure I would want to ask your permission before doing anything... if I DID do anything...

Cripes, and I've only finished the first chapter of this. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME, BRAIN?
BrowniePoints chapter 9 . 7/12/2013
"She turned and stared in shock and horror. Zuko."

And then that part at the end of the chapter...

Oh, Avacado, you kill me with the irony! It's Sokka, but Katara doesn't know he's Zuko...
So, so well done. Usually I hate freaky-Friday switches. This? This is fantastic.
boyarina chapter 2 . 6/2/2013
Wonder what Zuko will do and how he would react to Katara's constant "pats" of affection towards her brother?
boyarina chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Yes! This is great! :)
Jane chapter 19 . 5/17/2013
Oh god this is perfect
lemon-rind chapter 19 . 4/10/2013
I don't think a story has made me cry in happiness. What a first. It was beautiful, and it held some amazing insights. Thank you.
Diva180 chapter 3 . 4/1/2013
To Sage of wind Dragons , the reason why Zuko didn't use firebending was because he didn't want any bystanders to realize he was a firebender, he and his uncle are in hiding remeber, besides remember sometimes Zuko can get carried away due to his temper. As for the crow bar, can't explain but hey everybody gets lucky sometimes.
Guest chapter 19 . 3/29/2013