Reviews for In His Shoes
Katkid chapter 7 . 7/6/2008
Ack! Cliff hanger! I'm glad to hear that part two will be out soon-I'm going to be going crazy until I find out what happens next. Poor, poor Zuko. His desperation in the last scene was very believable. The Sokka and Jin interaction in this chapter was a nice touch, too. (I was so glad to see Jin! I always thought she was cute as a button.) Keep up the great work! (In the meantime, I'll be over here biting my nails.)
OveractiveImagination39 chapter 7 . 7/6/2008
No! Not brain washing. You really wrote Long Feng evil. His fate for 'Sokka' to work the prison where Aang would be locked away was so cruel. And poor Zuko, to lose everything and now his mind.

Though as far as Toph - I always wondered if they could brain wash her being as she's blind. Interesting!

I loved Sokka's interaction with Jin. I kinda felt good for Jin. I liked her character and it was nice to see her have fun with Zuko.

I can't wait for the next installment. The supense is going to kill me.
Shinimegami7 chapter 7 . 7/6/2008
Wo... Poor guys... and yay Jin! Though... Mai would be angry if she found out. Are they ever gonna be put back in their bodies? AGH! I'm feeling so sorry for them! Good chapter!
keylee chapter 7 . 7/6/2008
LOVE that FBM quote! xD

I like how you brought back Jin too...she's better for the real Sokka anyways!

You MUST update soon! This story never fails to amaze me!
Wren Sharpbeak chapter 7 . 7/6/2008
Oh man! This was SUCH a good chapter. Now that you've moved beyond the events in the show, i'm getting totally caught up in this again. The FBM joke had me cackling too. It was a brilliant addition that put that scenario in a whole new light. I loved it!

And the way you are letting Zuko and Sokka get little glimpses into each others' lives is so fascinating and touching all at the same time. Using Jin was a GREAT touch.

Gah, i can't wait for the next update! What a cliffhanger!
Joshrandom chapter 6 . 7/5/2008
I love the way you have writen angsty Sokka, and the way he dealt with his despair seemed very in character.

Zuko's plan to contact the Earth King was brilliant, however I am kinda worried about what Long Feng has been doing with the extra preparation time.
ardy1 chapter 6 . 7/4/2008
Very nice!

The seque from canon to your vision was well-done, seamless even, particularly since it served to enhance anticipation for what you're going to do next! Presumably, you will divert from canon soon - and, for my part, the sooner the better! Although your interpretation of canon from your switched perspectives was masterful it lent very little to the progression of the overall story. While I'm all about character development - and this is a wonderful venue for developing two very stubborn characters to the strength that is inherent within them - I can't help believing it will need to be done outside the given story-line. (Okay, I admit it, that's what I thought I needed to do to do the same thing, and I hardly want you to succeed in what I was afraid to contemplate doing...)
Bluetiger chapter 6 . 7/2/2008
I love the way that Sokka used his mechanical skills to distract himself from his emotional crisis, and I also enjoyed the way the Iroh didn't point out that he'd invented a coffee percolator rather than a tea urn, lol.

The way that Zuko convinced the gang that they should try to warn the Earth King, was interesting, however I am not sure Zuko would really want the gang to talk to the King, given that they have already mentioned their plan for the invasion of the Fire Nation. The idea of using the OWL as a way of trying to get the gang through to the Earth King, was very clever, although I wonder what the consequences of this delayed approach will be. :)

I really am enjoying reading this story, and I hope that there are still many more chapters to come. )
Liliedhe chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
I was waiting for you to post this on ASN to comment there... But my patience ran out, so I'll comment here ;).

Nice chapter, I like how Zuko is finally relying on his uncle's teachings... The appearance of the OWL was unexpected, but it made a lot of sense. Uncle would be pretty proud, I think. I liked Sokka's part, too. How he tried to find out what happened to 'him'... And no, I'm not surprised Iroh lied about Ozai visiting - good to see this gives Sokka something to think about.

Tiny nitpick: Sokka discovered spark rocks in Iroh's appartment the first night he was there, so there should be some.

I know I'm repeating myself but I absolutely can't wait to see where this will go... Zuko meeting Sokka's father? *g* That has a lot of potential for awkwardness, I bet. And Sokka encountering Azula might be quite a sobering experience for him, really.
Yersi Fanel chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
This chapter was great, to write about family, and the past, and now Pai Sho! Zuko was his Uncle's Newphy in this, cool.
fihli chapter 6 . 7/1/2008
As always, an amazing chapter. Keep up the good work and update soon!
Ultra-Geek chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
Well, you got me hooked! I just went through and read your story, and I have to say...Well done. Very well done. I'm really looking forward to how this ends up going!

.:Ultra-Geek:.
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
As my sister says: Good job, Zuko, you've officially come up with one good plan. I must say I'm astounded at Zuko and his love for Uncle here, but in a really good way. It's believable, and I love that he's so willing to 'truce' with the Avatar for his Uncle's safety. Sokka is making me giggle too. Being Zuko his way works for me :D.

I think the best part is how a like they really are. I bet Sokka feels that way about his plans a lot. "I haven't really gotten this far yet, but we're going to run with it as we go". Heehee, poor boys. And poor Iroh! He must be so confused. He's lived with Zuko for almost all the boys life, and this extraordinary genius is probably news to him XD. Can't wait for more!
Party in the Afterlife chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
O.O That was so awesome! Once again.

I love how you work with this story, putting in stuff from the series and your own invention. It's really great.
Omnicat chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
Okay. I'll probably forgive you for killing off Jet. :P In fact, if your story is going to have as many exiting plot twists as it looks like it'll have, I may even forget missing him. :D

Sokka is taking things better than Zuko, it seems. (In a matter of speaking, anyway.) Why am I not surprised?

Given that I've been bleeding non-stop for the past three days and my head has yet to clear, I don't think I'm able to tell if this chapter is less satisfactory as the rest. All I know is that I'm already looking forward to the next chapter again. x3
915 | « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 .. Last Next »