Reviews for In His Shoes
kathykatinahat chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
This is an awesome story! It's so creative and original. I love zuko in sokka's body, its just so awkward, yet it fits the storyline of those episodes pretty perfectly. interesting zutara moments...even if they're a little wrong lol. is there going to be any sokka and zuko interaction soon? cause that would probably make for a very interesting chapter

I'm hoping you update soon! :D
Shinimegami7 chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Woot! Thanks much! And another awesome chapter to boot! Silly pretend drunk Sokka in Zuko's body. Hopefully Zuko can have the same change of heart that Sokka just did. If not, the whole thing will be for nothing. And by thing I mean how they switched bodies. Great chapter!
Yersi Fanel chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Group Hug! It's a cute thing to expericne the group hug and the I-your-sister-care-for-you-stupid thing that Katara has. But I think that this change is also starting to really affect the, since even if you are managing to actually live the life of the other, they miss what the used to have, then again, they are lerning about each other, nice.

See you next time.
ME chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
There's so many things in this story that make me happy! I can't name them all, so I will give you the coveted FOUR thumbs up! This has neven been given before, and shall rarely in the future. Congradulation and please continue. I'm going to be gone on vacation, so I might not review for a while. 4 thumbs up! :D
3VAD127 chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Another chapter! :D I must give you super magnificent props on a well-written update. Both Sokka and Zuko were very in-character, and the way you've really found a middle ground by weaving the real story into your own is way cool. :B I've found a soft spot for Firebending!Sokka; he's just too awesome and finds it too completely weird. It's very entertaining.

The thing that hit home the most was Sokka's experience of loss. His friends, family, life, all that jazz. I guess he finally understands what it's like to be banished, huh? Thank you for another amazing chapter. I am definitely looking forward to more.

-3Vad
Wren Sharpbeak chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
I liked how you managed to keep everything on track with how it originally happened in the show and yet had the subtle differences in the conversations and how things came about. The scene with Sokka and Iroh was especially poignant.

I don't know why but i just about flipped when Iroh said “Do you really think that the Spirits, in all of their wisdom, brought you back for this?” I guess i was so ready and expecting him to yell "Who are you? And what do YOU want to do?" that i could still HEAR his voice when he said what you wrote. It was way cool.
OveractiveImagination39 chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Augh! I've been checking my email all day, but no updates. Then I scan through the stories and I see that you updated. I don't know why I didn't get an alert but I'm glad I found it anyways.

So I just watched Lake Laogai again yesterday (Nicktoons had a marathon)and all I could think about was how you were going to write this chapter in relation to the show. I have to say that once again you've done a remarkable job! You incorporated enough of the show to keep it canon, but kept out the unecessary details that would have made the chapter drag.

Zuko's reaction to Jet was just what I would expect considering their history, but it was nice to see him feel sadness at Jet's passing, and to give comfort to Katara later on. It's still amazing to see that his drive to catch Aang is so strong, but at least he can see that his life in Ba Sing Se had been less stressful when he wasn't so focued on capturing the Avatar.

The scene with Uncle was superb. You captured the raw emotion that made that one of my favorite scenes in the series (right next to Katara's confrontation with Hakoda)and made it fit the story perfectly. It really was an emotional scene for Zuko in the series, and it was nice to see Sokka face similiar turmoil.

I am curious to see the directon you go from here. It would be interesting to see Zuko confront Azula as Sokka or deal with Hakoda. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. No matter what yo come up with I'm sure it will be exciting!
Mellyna chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Excellent chapter. Thanks for sharing.
Saucebender chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Well, I wanted to review last chapter and didn't so I should do it now, huh? I didn't think I would like reading a story that was essentially the retelling of episodes I've already seen. But I liked this chapter. I feel so sad for Sokka, he must be so lonely and homesick. I know Zuko misses his uncle, but Sokka had a whole family. Not just Katara, but Aang and Toph, who I know he loved like another sister and brother, and Momo and Appa. I know how much I love my brother and sister and I think I would die if I was faced with the fact that I could never see them again. And yet Sokka is so strong, he loves them all enough to let them go. And I think now that Zuko is getting a taste of what it's like to have a (real, human) sister and friends who love him, maybe he'll start to see the truth about his own family. Anyway, I like this story and look forward to reading more!
Omnicat chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
NO! JET! You killed Jet AGAIN. That's just evil. ;_; Damnit, I should have voted "do whatever you like, but don't kill Jet" last time. -.-;

*sigh*

On the other hand, the one that's not killing off my favourite psychopath all over again after getting my hopes up by including such lovely non-canon interaction - boy do you update fast. :D Good thing too, because your writing is addicting. (Why do I get the feeling I've said that before?)
Smitti chapter 5 . 6/22/2008
Of course it didn't disappoint! Keep it up, I can't wait to read more.
OveractiveImagination39 chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
Another great chapter! I really enjoyed the way that you wove your story around the actual episode in the show. It worked perfectly - almost like an alternative universe (kinda Dr. Who like). We know what really happened, but your take was so interesting. Especially the way that the characters played right into the canon, but for completely different reasons.

Sokka getting angry about the treatment he received at the hands of those nasty girls was so justified, and then Zuko comforting Toph later on about her earlier treatment was touching. I also liked the way you worked Jet into the story. I never really gave much thought as how the others knew to find Katara, but your explanation was very plausible.

I could say so much more, but I've rambled enough already. I really do love this story, and I think that you're writing it perfectly. I would stick to your own ideas if you've already planned them out and are happy with them.

I can't wait for the next update!
Mellyna chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
Great chapter. This story is really enjoyable. I think either way you choose to write the story, following the series or branching off, it will turn out well. So go which ever way your muse points you! Thanks for sharing.
Joshrandom chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
Yay, another update. )

A great chapter, I liked the scene in the teashop, with the three bitchy girls, that allowed Sokka to feel some of the pain of being Zuko. However, I don't think that Zuko has yet had a similar opportunity to feel some of the pain of being Sokka. I mean I doubt that Zuko would take being the comic relief character very well at all, lol.

Hehe, no, you're so freaking cool, it's a great picture of Prince Sokka, and I really like it (just as I like the fic it comes it from).
Yersi Fanel chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
This chapter was really nice, It's cute to see that from the whole gaang, Zuko seems to get along with Toph, that' quiete nice, I like it.

Sokka leraned something important about Zuko and the prince's feelings in this chapter, I loved that part!, keep going!

Catch you latter.