Reviews for In His Shoes
Joshrandom chapter 4 . 6/20/2008
Yay, another update. )

A great chapter, I liked the scene in the teashop, with the three bitchy girls, that allowed Sokka to feel some of the pain of being Zuko. However, I don't think that Zuko has yet had a similar opportunity to feel some of the pain of being Sokka. I mean I doubt that Zuko would take being the comic relief character very well at all, lol.

Hehe, no, you're so freaking cool, it's a great picture of Prince Sokka, and I really like it (just as I like the fic it comes it from).
Yersi Fanel chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
This chapter was really nice, It's cute to see that from the whole gaang, Zuko seems to get along with Toph, that' quiete nice, I like it.

Sokka leraned something important about Zuko and the prince's feelings in this chapter, I loved that part!, keep going!

Catch you latter.
ME chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
I like the little details that show the changes that each have gone through before or during their switch. At first I was aprehensive about this chapter, but I was sold when I read of Zuko calling him Aang before Avatar, and then a was in love when Zuko helped out Toph with those girls, and then weirded out when Sokka hit on them using Iroh's line. The characters are believably in-character, which is hard in body-switching stories. Three thumbs up!
Katkid chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
Hey...when did chapter three come out? I can't believe I didn't notice this was updated! Anyways...I like the way you show how Zuko is starting to see Aang as an actual person-the little details like stumbling over his name and thinking about the expression on his face were really good. I also enjoyed Sokka-the-firebender in chapter three (and at the end of this chapter, too). As for whether or not to keep following the series...it's cool to see how this twist affects the canon events, but I'd say that if you have your own ideas you should include them-after all, fanfiction is all about exploring the unexplored! Or something like that. Looking forward to seeing more of this story soon.
tomorrow4eva chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
O, the broadsword has the same inscription? Interesting. You know, I've wondered why so few characters in the cartoon have actually commented on/reacted to Zuko's scar. The only people I remember mentioning it specifically are Azula and Zuko himself.

It is funny how you can have Zuko and Sokka react very similarly, and still be in character. I think that Sokka is naturally more of a goof and fast talker, but a lot of Zuko's seriousness is due to the hardships of his life. GREAT bit with Jet! Zuko is very lucky there. And for the record, I think Iroh knows something has happened (he saw them die, after all), but its not his way to pry.
Omnicat chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
I liked this chapter as much as the first three (and yes it was interesting, and yes I'm already itching for the next), but... I think I'm just a really bad reviewer. Now I can't *think* of anything to say, instead of having to restrain myself. ;_;
Wren Sharpbeak chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
Another excellent chapter! I especially liked the scene with Sokka (zuko) in the teashop, flirting with those girls. It was SO weird to hear Zuko's voice saying those things, but i could totally hear it. That was awesome.

But the best part was him overhearing the conversation they had afterward, the effect it had on him. Seeing him get a taste of that was amazing, and i'm so glad you included it.

As for the question about following the series or going off on your own, i'd personally like to see you do your own thing. I admit to being just a little disheartened to see so much of the actual show in this update; i've read a number of 'what if' fics that have done that and they didn't keep my interest for very long.

So definitely go off on whatever plot tangents you've come up it. I think it will be much more entertaining that way.
Shinimegami7 chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
Definately a lot of progress! And an update on my birthday! I'm so happy. Best present ever. But yes... I thought Sokka would be smart enough to at least try to live as Zuko... that's what Yue told them to do after all. I guess he doesn't remember much... but still! I really like how you got them to see eachothers strengths. Zuko didn't want to admit it, but Sokka has more strength. And Zuko has more skill. Imagine Sokka becoming a lot better... I really can't wait to see what you do next! This is getting exciting!
Hyperactive Lioness chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
This story's so great! Every time I get an e-mail saying you put up a new chappie I'm all- "YAY I HAVE TO READ IT NOWW!" Thanks for making such an entertaining and amazing story!
Bluetiger chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
I really like the idea that Zuko's new sword is linked in some odd way to the dagger that Iroh gave him, although I can't decide whether I prefer the mystery, or whether I want to know what the real connection actually is. :)

As for having the story following canon, well thats up to you, lol. However, I quite liked the way that it worked in this chapter, where the swapped Zuko and Sokka reacted differently to how the other had originally behaved, but still ended up making oddly similar choices (this was particularly true for Sokka, what with his reason for looking for Appa, or his reaction to Iroh getting his own tea shop). Of course if you do choose to follow canon, then eventually you will get to that almost Zutara moment in the crystal catacombs, only this time it will be between Katara and her brother, ew (yeah, I realise that you will have to have the characters back in their own shoes by then, but as soon as that image can into my head, I just had to mention it). :)

Update soon!
Smitti chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
I'm lovin' it. Such a great style of writing and you have the character nailed down perfectly! Just know that I'll be sitting here with baited breath for the next chapter...

*twiddles thumbs*
LorneStar chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
what ships do you like in regards to HP? I've read most that you can think of, though I prefer to have Harry as a main character. I'm also a fan of the time travel/alternate reality fics.

I've really enjoyed how your fic has followed cannon so far, but you should go with whatever you think will work best for the story. If you plan on keeping them swapped for much longer than you'll run into some conflicts (azula being the main one I can think of)
3VAD127 chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
Very nice job! I guess they're finally noticing weird things about each other - like Sokka's hunger and strength and Zuko's quicker reflexes. The Sokka/Uncle interaction is so awkward...! I can just imagine something like that happening in the real series.

Wow, is Zuko... actually... trying to be nice? I can't believe it. The way he uplifted Toph in that awkward Zuko way was very nicely done. And the irony of Sokka's thoughts, "I'm going home," are so much like Zuko's old ones that I can't help but be hit with a sense of "Wow, nice job" and deja vu. Excellent work. I'm still loving this story!

As for your question, I think it would be better if it went in its own direction. There was a lot of time during the series that wasn't put into any ACTUAL episodes. They were just kinda... there, so this story could've taken place any time in Ba Sing Se. Besides, I think we've all seen most episodes like, 50 times. It would just be more interesting if it cut out its own path.

-3Vad
3VAD127 chapter 3 . 6/19/2008
Incredible chapter, really great job on keeping them in-character, especially Sokka. I think they're finally getting a teensy little taste of what it's like trying to "be" the other. Fantastic work, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

-3VAD
Party in the Afterlife chapter 4 . 6/19/2008
Another freakin' awesome chapter! I really love where this is going and that was just awesome, since it followed the story and at the same time was very orginal...I like it.
863 | « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 .. Last Next »