Reviews for Coppers Are Coppers
mark3232 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Ashes to Ashes turned out to be set in the afterlife, didn't it?
Timemidae chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I love both these characters so much, thanks for putting them together in such a lovely little package.
ASDHIWLTIJK chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
You know, I never thought of them like that before. Coppers being coppers, sure, but I never thought to spin a story out of it.

I'm glad. Yours is much better.

*adds to favourites*
SpaceAnJL chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Love this. The idea of Gene Hunt vs Ankh-Morpork is head-bendingly wonderful.

(Weirdly enough, I always see Keeley Hawes and Matthew McFadyen as Sacharissa Cripslock and William de Worde. But then, I've cast most of the Discworld in my head.)
Miss Yetigoosecreature chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
You know, I have to confess I'm totally ignorant of Ashes to Ashes, haven't a clue, but I still thoroughly enjoyed this. I'm a big fan of the "coppers are coppers everywhere you have coppers" vibe that runs through all the Watch books and this piece of work.

Well done!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
I love this. I bloody love this. It's exactly what I'd imagine an encounter between Sam Vimes, AMCW, and DCI Hunt would be and it's everything I hoped it would be, too. You've got the voices down to T, and the attitudes and personal history and the way it shows through dialogue and body language... perfect. Thank the gods for multi-universal pubs. This is going on my favourites as soon as I close the review window, and it means that I absolutely loved the story. Really, if you should decide that there's more to tell about these two men and their respective universes, I'd read it.

Thanks for a great moment :o]

Belphegor
Cassy21 chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
love it!
lilgreenmomo chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I'm sorry for being so lax and not reviewing this before but I just wanted to tell you how much I emjoyed it. I've been an occasional dabbler in TP's works but this makes me want to read them all the more. An excellent crossover.
ayandsee chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
You are our HERO. We've noticed the similarities between Gene Hunt and Sam Vimes ourselves, and you have truly done justice to two of our favourite coppers in the multiverse. This story made our day.

Cheers,

Ay and See
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Blooming brilliant! Wonderful interaction between our two favourite police officers. Thought you kept each of them in character perfectly. Lovely little piece to read.

Estelle Tiniwiel -x-
handymelon chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Ah - this is great!

I like it especially because:

a) You find so many points of comparison between them and their worlds and the people who live in them

b) You catch the tone of each of the two characters, and their mannerisms, in great detail

c) You've made it about character, not plot. It doesn't matter why they're where they are, or what's happened - they just are, and it's the conversation that matters.

Bravo! :-)

I saw Paul Darrow play Sam Vimes in a touring production years ago; bet PG would make a great job of it in a few years more, when he's Vimes' age!
Molly Hunt chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
I never got into the Vimes vibe - guess I'll have to try harder! Lovely - I really enjoyed it tho'.
cats-tale chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I really, really love this 's perfect.

They are my two favourite men and you have captured them so well. What I love about it, is that I've always felt sorry for Sam Vimes, but when you compare him with Gene, his life is full. He's such a lucky man. He makes Gene seem even more tourtured and lonely, bowed down with the burdens of his hopes and fears.
heighho chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Hmm... interesting. It's just occurred to me that perhaps you won't just know by some form of osmosis how much I loved this, so perhaps I'd better be dreadfully direct and just tell you how refreshing, amusing and well written I thought it was.

Love the juxtaposition of these two characters, neither of whom have to spell much out - which is, perhaps, their greatest appeal.
skywise012000 chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
I don't think there are enough superlatives in the English language to allow me to tell you how much I love this so I'll settle for just saying . . . .

I LOVE THIS!