Reviews for Beginnings
GodessSiri chapter 2 . 6/7/2008
I imagine Augusta Longbottom being a coffee drinker - and strong coffee at that.
Mistymist chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
this challenge was a great idea. I look forawrd to reading all your choices.
lyin chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
simple and suitably so- a few words say so much in this case. the senses of strong and bitter taste and Augusta steeling herself for her role as Neville's surrogate parent seems like another dead-on moment- the line that really hit me was her being unable to 'imagine ever feeling anything as ordinary as hungry again'- really gets to the heart of the whole thing. the juxtaposition between andromeda and augusta's moments also reminded me that andromeda, too, will lose her family and end up in augusta's place, almost exactly- which added a lot of oomph to the piece (and now my review might be longer than the drabble. whoops... :))
lyin chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
love the irony of the beautiful, graceful elegance of tonks' name (and seems so suited to what andromeda would think) and ted's grimace is also perfect. a short but character-perfect moment that seems to me dead-on canon :D
Mary Gooby chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
Sniffle sniffle sniffle.
Rose of the West chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
Oh, the heartbreak! I'm liking this.
FrednGeorgeFanGirl chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
so sad poor neville
silverbirch chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
You know, there's a story I've never seen.
Cassandra's Cross chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
And he is all she has. I like the symbolism of the coffee (strong and bitter) as an analogy for Augusta herself. I think Augusta's situation is sadder than Adromeda's, almost. Her son and daughter-in-law are alive, but she can't reach them. And poor Neville, too. Nobody lauded him the way they did Harry, yet his situation was just as sad. So many broken lives. . .
Jayd Scarlett chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
aw, lovely start!
MBP chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
Oh Katy... so short but so absolutely wrenching. It gave me chills. It really did. I feel for this woman right now more than I ever have. (
alix33 chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
"Neville begins to cry. She squares her shoulders and sets her jaw as she gets up to go to him. She is all he has now." - I find it somehow very odd to think of timid Neville doing a thing as ordinary as crying as a baby.
Kore-of-Myth chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
Oh sad! I've not read much Fanfiction on Augusta, though she's probably an interesting character...

Keep Writing!
McFlyFan101 chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
aww cute mum
Karate Tentacles chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
Aww, it's Gran... poor little Neville.
640 | « Prev Page 1 .. 31 38 39 40 41 42 .. Last Next »