Reviews for As Lovers Go
SML chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
I like your writing. It's very straightforward. Not a lot of flowery descriptions of the countryside, just on the table, meat and potatoes, straight to the heart dialogue that I love. These people seem so real the way you've captured them. Their thoughts and emotions are palpable. Genuine. I feel sorry for Damian. My heart goes out to him. Losing what may have been the true love of his life to a drunken scalliwag. Still I love Sirius and would love to experience that "talented tongue" that Lily relished. See! You've made them real for me. That's the greatest thing a writer could ever do. Now I am off to search for more from you. Hopefully a follow-up to this if I'm lucky. Please keep writing, the world needs your words.
yay chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
This is an interesting pairing.
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 4 . 11/28/2008
Cute! So cute! But Paddy's about to leave Moony for 13 years! Wanna make a deal and make this an AU story. Please? :)
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 3 . 11/28/2008
Oh, I hope you keep writing this until you actually finish it. There are a few of us here reading the story - it's cute, real and different.
Moony's daughter chapter 4 . 11/26/2008
great job! do you know how far you are going to go with this fic? anyway, keep up the good work and update soon
TwangCat chapter 4 . 9/25/2008
Oh you got this bang on! This is exactly how their relationship is supposed to be, the doubt, the trials, Remus' determination to hold to his promises to Damian even though he doesn't love him; it was all perfect! Five stars from me.

Are you going to write more from here? I'd love to see your take on this relationship and the doubt Lupin would feel after Sirius is believed to have betrayed James.
LadyAlmondstar chapter 4 . 8/7/2008
Aw I love this fic. And your choice of songs is great, loved them all.

:) Can't really give a long review right now because internet's about 2 stop working but suffice to say I love it :)
Ginaaaa chapter 4 . 8/3/2008
I really love this story. Is it over?
How Clever of You chapter 4 . 8/2/2008
*dies*

Ohmigosh, you write Sirius so well... Remus, too. And James. And Lily.

I'm about to have a seizure, that story was so amazing.
rekahneko chapter 4 . 8/2/2008
I really enjoyed how well you developed Remus' character in this story. He isn't someone to easily give up on love but he also wants to live his life. The fact that he didn't automatically drop everything (and everyone) the first time Sirius smiled in his direction shows how strong he is, but of course, they are meant for each other (Sirius and Remus) so eventually it worked out.

(-:
MinervaEvenstar chapter 4 . 7/20/2008
Glad they wound up together. Is the story finished? If so, you ought to change the status to "complete." If not, I suppose the following chapters will probably be about Remus learning to trust Sirius with his heart again? Well, good luck with it! :.) Remember, edit more carefully; twice this chapter you had "sighted" instead of "sighed."
MinervaEvenstar chapter 3 . 7/20/2008
I honestly don't believe Lily and Sirius would sleep together. Lily didn't originally like him or James, so even if she was heartbroken she wouldn't bed someone she disliked. Some girls might, but she has more integrity than that. Plus, Sirius said in the books that he would die before betraying his friends (Unsurprising since they were all he had given whom he was related to.) so he'd never shag the girl his best mate fancied.

What I liked is that Sirius assumed after he realised his love and confessed it everything would be easy.

You need to edit better. It's not as if your grammar is horrible, but there are quite a few little mistakes you'd notice if you proofread more carefully. For example:

“How did James took the news?” instead of "TAKE the news?" and "He’s also one of mine best friends.” instead of "MY best friends."

I'm off to the next chapter!
mehchel chapter 4 . 7/15/2008
Very cute. I like it. And about time Sirius gets Remus! I didn't like that Damian git at all.
ellesra chapter 4 . 7/10/2008
OMG, you write so incredibly well, and even if I didn't remember this fic before I began reading it, I enjoyed it so much. When I didn't remember it, I thought it was dumb because I'm not that fond of those times, but you're just brilliant. Cheers! :D
moonfoot13 chapter 4 . 7/9/2008