Reviews for Partners in Defeat
Ale123456 chapter 6 . 3/5
This story is really good and enjoyable so far. I'm sad that you seem to have discontinued it, but I'm happy for what you did write.
I'm just really curious about how you would have ended it since I can't really see you killing off Drizzt, but I can't really see Artemis losing in this story. Maybe somehow he would find that he didn't need to fight afterall or something? I just don't know how it would have resolved. Since it looks like this is discontinued, can you please tell me?

Anyway, thanks for writing at least this much :)
dmichelle312 chapter 5 . 11/19/2014
(Youtube)watch?vkZToUV6qjT8

:) :)
dmichelle312 chapter 6 . 11/19/2014
watch?vkZToUV6qjT8

:):)
Yulandia1 chapter 2 . 11/8/2010
omg that made me cry...

Jarlaxle dropped on his knees in front of Artemis to plead. "Why can't I have you?"

poor Jarlaxle. So much sadness and desperation. :(

SO well written, I forgot I was reading.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 6 . 9/18/2009
It's so sweet and tender. It's really nice to see some tender love between them in something more than a one shot. Jarlaxle's so cute throughout this. Oh, and good job making me want to slap Drizzt. That was well done.
jarltreri chapter 6 . 7/9/2008
The fluff threatened to become OOC at the love part due to the frequent emphasis of drow not having a word for 'love', but I guess Jarlaxles just really well read. Other than that, the rest of the chapter was impeccable as usual and Jarlaxle's dwelling on Zak provides good continuation. Good job!
jarltreri chapter 5 . 7/9/2008
Thanks for the much needed humour! 'mushroom pastries' indeed. I could almost see Jarlaxle's disapointment when Drizzt rejected his hug. And of course, who can resist this imagery:

'She collided with him at the rate of a boulder from a catapult squashing an unsuspecting orc'
Oroburos69 chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
As always, I'm pleased to see this continue (and venture boldly into the world of AU). Thank you for writing.
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
I liked Jarlaxle's final outburst. I mean... it made sense. However, I can see through the lines your little bitter hatred for Drizzt... well at least the Drizzt portrayed by RAS in the last books. He IS annoying...

I felt hurt for Jarlaxle when Drizzt said Zaknafein had been a lonely man, without any kind of friends, except for his own son. Ouch. That wasn't kind at all... but poor innocent Drizzt did not know.

I'm can't wait to read the next!

Nuitari Aquarius
chair-chan chapter 6 . 7/7/2008
I opened my e-mail, and there, side by side, were your reply and the chapter update notification. I was extremely happy, and of course read your reply first. :)

Yes, many a time Jarlaxle's idiocy seems like a defense mechanism. Nobody can see who he truly is with that annoying, idiotic mask in place. I love it when he is framed as a genius who is regarded as the town fool, through his own machinations of course.

Well, the funny chapter out of nowhere was good, it broke up the action for a little lighthearted fun. But I admit, when I was first reading it, I did a double take. For a moment, I thought to myself "is this a crack-fic?" Haha, I wondered if my e-mail had redirected me to the wrong story. But I kept reading and in the end it was fine.

I really can't wait to get to the bottom of this "Drizzt was never told about Jarlaxle" thing. I want to know why!

At the end the scene with Artemis is sweet. :) It gets back to the angst a little bit. I loved it. :) Also, the sword/dagger idea is interesting.

Anyway...well, thank you for the extremely quick update and the long chapter. Please, keep it up, and update soon!
chair-chan chapter 5 . 7/6/2008
Yay, another chapter. I love how Jarlaxle seems so inane while he is obviously shaping his image purposefully. Haha the scene with Gromph is hilarious.

" "Don't act like you have anything better to do," Jarlaxle called after him, radiating hurt innocence. "It's rude. I know you mostly sit in that tower and doze, anyway." "

haha that's great. And the scene with Catti-brie is funny too. Lol I loved this chapter, and I look forward to seeing what will happen in the next chapters. Update soon, please! And great chapter!
hakatri chapter 5 . 7/5/2008
Oh my that's... not canon. For some reason after everything that came before, I didn't expect this, but it's interesting.
jarltreri chapter 4 . 6/17/2008
Good job on keeping the characters intact while simultaneously making them reveal so much to each other. "He actually snapped his fingers, as if recollecting something important... gave a little start, and smoothed down the covers as if to keep the assassin from noticing" was particularly endearing. I noticed the paragraphs were shorter as compared to the first 2 chapters and I don't know if this was intentional but it really did help with the flow in transitioning btw Jarlaxle and Artemis' POVs. Nice thing though: the pacing at times seemed to drag just the slightest bit due to staying in one room the entire time/lack of plot advancement/emotions running too high.
chair-chan chapter 4 . 6/16/2008
I love this story, how it shows both characters going out of their comfort zones for eachother. I was extremely excited when I opened my e-mail and saw not one, but TWO alerst for this story! At the first chance I got, I read them. Indeed, the first chance I got was 11 o'clock that night. You get the dubious pleasure of knowing that your story has made me tired all day today.

You can take that as a compliment.

Anyway, the two chapters didn't disappoint. They may have been a little short in comparison with the other two chapters, but they were still a respectable length. The interactions were still as true to the canon characters as possible, and I just loved their converstions.

In short, I love your story, I love your style, and please update soon. :)
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 4 . 6/16/2008
Betrayal, betrayal... that's always the same with him.

And I just love Jarlaxle!

Yes, I know, not an interesting review, but I needed to say that :p!

Nuitari Aquarius