Reviews for In the Land of One Thousand Years
persephonesfolly chapter 9 . 12/5/2008
Loved the delicasy with which you portrayed Emmett and Rosalie's deepening relationship. Your Rosalie emerged as so much more than the two dimensional, vain, pretty girl from the books. Her tentativeness, and Emmett's curiosity about the pain he sensed in her - coupled with his troubled incomprehension - made their courtship in the early chapters seem like an old fashioned dance, courtly and slightly awkward by today's standards, but beautiful to watch.

"She nodded, closing her eyes. It was hard, remembering that some people did this out of love and not evil. She reminded herself that he kissed her like that because he loved her, and when she ashed him to stop, he did.

The stopping made all the difference."

I haven't read many stories that dealt with the after effects of Rosalie's rape. You did it marvelously well, giving readers a much better understanding of why Rosalie loves Emmett so much. His approval of her 'unconventional therapy' method was another great way to bind those two together.

The best part of all for me was the gentle humor employed. You can practically feel the tenderness in lines like:

"Emmett felt a duty to this city girl, the one who was bred to be the little lady that would earn a wonderful marriage and hadn't had dirt under her fingernails in ages. He wanted to see grass stains on her knees and leaves in her hair."

Her tiny smile after Emmett got her to dive into the leaves made his efforts so worth while. You've a great sense of pacing, developing their relationship believably. Emmett's feelings smack of true love, of wanting the absolute best for the other person. So did Rosalie's, though her 'I'm not worthy of him' attitude just about broke my heart, I believed her sincerity. You've also got a gift for articulating the morals and sensibilities of the past.

Excellent work.
Emmelie Cullen chapter 9 . 12/3/2008
I thank you so much for writing a story about Rosalie and Emmett. (My personal favorite, if you can't tell by all of my fanfics... hahaha)

But I really enjoyed this, you did a spectacular job, and I'm proud to say I'll be first in line to buy your books. :] :] hahaha
SacreJambons chapter 9 . 10/10/2008
I swear 2 god, im like, two seconds away from crying! GREAT, AMAZING, fic!
Mirane chapter 9 . 9/23/2008
You know, it's such a shame that only 54 people felt the need to review, because I think this story deserves much better.

You are really good. I felt so drawn into this tale, I couldn't even think to stop reading.

I love how you portrayed the characters. All of them, not just Rose and Emmett, but especially them of course. They are so deep, much deeper than most people give them credit for.

Thank you, you really made my evening.
wsxokn chapter 9 . 9/12/2008
NauruAyumi chapter 4 . 8/6/2008
Love it; its beautiful.
Miette chapter 2 . 7/14/2008
::sigh:: I'm already a HUGE Emmett fan (part of why I decided to read your story...) but I just LOVE the way you are writing him. I also really appreciate your portrayal of Rosalie. Ok, I'm gonna go read some more of your story, I just wanted to give you a review to let you kno how much I'm enjoying your story! :-D
Suzette15 chapter 9 . 7/1/2008
aw!

how cute! 3

idk what else to say TT
book-alcoholic chapter 9 . 7/1/2008
i love a happy ending!

this story has been great. thank you for taking the time to write it )
DawnOfDays chapter 9 . 6/29/2008
that was such a cute ending. even if i am sad that the story is finished it was such a good way to go.
Emmettsgurl chapter 9 . 6/29/2008
ohmygosh girl! i'ts finally over! i'm so sad! i miss the updates in geometry class! but you did an absolutely AMAZING job! i'm so proud of you!
Falling Angel 14 chapter 9 . 6/29/2008
Hey loved ur story hope you'll do more then just one shots u have lots of potential. ur story was great I didnt findanything I would change

keep writing! ("
Atomicjinx-x chapter 9 . 6/28/2008
Aww its cute seeing he completely open up to Emmett. Great update soo sweet and loving. More Soon please.
hmrpotter chapter 9 . 6/28/2008
This was a beautiful story...makes me feel for Rosalie in a different light. Great job!
Atomicjinx-x chapter 8 . 6/24/2008
Poor Rosalie having to deal with all that Royce had done to her on her wedding night. Great chapter, it was sweet knowing Emmett would always protect her.
73 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »