Reviews for Harry's Hearing the Truth
Luna chapter 4 . 6/25
I would never be able to tell that you do not speak the American language. You are better at it than some whom only know this one. You should be very proud.
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 4/30
This was a fun story, although I was quite frustrated for Harry. Anyone who suffers with chronic ailments can sympathize with him, I am sure.

I did like the pairings. I loved your original characters. Julie was very well-rounded - hard-working, intelligent, and fun. Ken was a stronger character and a MUCH better friend than Ron. He, too, was interested in his studies as well as having fun. Neville and Luna are two of my favorites, and I think they brought out the best in Harry, and vice versa.

I think the absence of Ron was good for Hermione as well as Harry. Without Ron's jealousy, his constant whining to play chess or Quidditch and forget studying, and his expectation that Hermione should do all of his work for him, she was able to be herself without apologies among hard-working friends with a similar work ethic ... and she didn't have to become a grumpy nag. They all got on with their homework, finished it, and still managed to find time for fun. And that was despite their three different grade levels! Best of all, they all stayed friends throughout their lives and supported and loved each other as extended families do.

Thanks for a wonderful story.
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 4/30
Oh, goodie! I love Neville and Luna as a couple. He's so quiet and sweet and down-to-earth, and she is equally sweet but very "airy-faerie." Both are deeply loyal and loving friends. I notice we didn't have to think about Ron at all, either! (I expect he was quite jealous of Neville and the twins, though.)
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 4/30
What a couple of turkeys! Snape and McGonagall will probably go spare, and I don't blame them. After all, Quirrell has shown that there are still those with malicious intent toward Harry. Since Remus is at Hogwarts, I think we can safely expect Dementors, Peter, and Sirius very soon!
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 4/30
These kids really get up to a lot of adventures. If Harry weren't so sickly, they probably wouldn't be all that dangerous - certainly less so than a Cerberus, the Philosopher's Stone, and Norbert. Alas, he IS sickly, and it seems any excitement stirs up a fever. Poor kid.
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 4/30
Kids! They always think there will never be another opportunity to see or do something, and it has to be done RIGHT THIS MINUTE or the chance is lost forever. *sigh* For some weird reason, this reminds me of an opposing idea quoted by Wang Chi-yang from Flower Drum Song, in response to an invitation to go out on New Year's Eve: "Thank you, but I never go out. One of the virtues of growing old is knowing that if you do not go out you do not miss anything."

Actually, the truth is probably somewhere between. In most cases, you can usually do things at a later, more convenient time. I think Harry & Co. are about to find this for themselves.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 4/30
Interesting. I like the idea of a sort of "built in" charm to protect the kids. I hope Harry takes Snape down into the chamber.
missgsmith51 chapter 23 . 4/30
I've often wondered why Minerva was not closer to Harry in canon. After all, Lily and the Marauders (especially James and Sirius) were her darlings. Although I do NOT like canon Severus at all, he seemed to be more "hands on" with his kids than Minerva was. I always felt she was far too detached from her house; she should have spent some time there each evening, even if it was only an hour. She was too much like Dumbledore ... an "absentee landlord," so to speak. Both were spread far too thin to do all of their jobs properly. This is not good with adolescents like the twins or even Harry. Had she been around more and established trust with the kids, many things might have played out differently.
missgsmith51 chapter 22 . 4/30
Why is Quirrell still stuttering? I thought that was an affectation to prevent people from realizing he was "hosting" Voldemort on the back of his head. So ... Did Lucius "revive" Moldyshorts with one of the Horcruxes? Or did Quirrell do it himself? The Diadem was hidden in the RoR, so he'd have had easy access.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 4/30
"No, that can't be true. I know for a fact that he cannot be Harry Potter," Hermione replied resolutely.

Typical Hermione. She is wrong, but what makes her so sure? The fact that he is a year ahead of her in school? No scar? Not living with Muggles? Something to do with those stupid adventure books?
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 4/30
I wonder which black point ... Peter Pettigrew? If so, Harry's in trouble. Or maybe not ... if he can send a telepathic message to Snape.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 4/30
Yes, it sounds as if Minerva was a pistol when she was a student. It's a good thing the twins were sorted into Gryffindor; I don't think anyone else could cope with them. Luckily, Minerva is several steps ahead of them!
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 4/30
Well, that was a nice, mess-free way to get rid of the idiot. However, if the Horcruxes are still out there (unless you are ignoring them), isn't it possible for Moldyshorts to return? If someone manages to activate that stupid Diary (like Hermione did in one of your stories), couldn't he regain a body?
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 4/30
Vanquish him forever? Does that mean no Horcruxes? Or do they just not know about them yet, since the Diary hasn't surfaced?

It must have been scary for poor Harry to hear that conversation! It will be interesting to see how Dumbledore uses this ability of Harry's.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 4/30
Oh, dear, what did he see?