Reviews for It WAS a Normal Day in the Market
Evil Hunter chapter 34 . 7/16/2009
Oh my goodness. Time really does go by, doesn't it? Today, I got a review for one of my old stories, and it brought me back to this whole world I had completely forgotten about. I haven't even been to this site since 2006- I feel like like Wendy returning to Neverland as an adult. I remember reading this story when I was, um, thirteen? But I don't think I ever reviewed. I know I reviewed "Rebirth and Regain", and when I did I was like a hyperactive child. I am so embarrassed, but in that way you get embarrassed by the things you do when you're thirteen, which means I'm laughing as well as blushing.

I always loved your writing style, it worked well with both action and humour. You injected so much into your stories: drama, comedy, adventure, romance, friendship, horror, sorrow, and joy. I was amazed by this story as a kid. I would print out new chapters to read on the bus to school. It was enthralling.

I'm a 21-year-old English major now. I never did give up my love of reading, although my tastes have moved beyond the habitual fanfic fare by now. I can still enjoy this, though—-your stories were always everything but normal. This last chapter is a bit rough around the edges, but I'm glad it's here; it's nice to get a proper goodbye.

I hope there will be an epilogue to this piece, 'cause the story doesn't always end when the plot does. Even if it takes a few more years to get here, for those of us who read it as youngsters, it'll be a treat to see it complete. In the meantime, I can only wish you the best in the years to come; I hope whatever it is you're doing now, it involves creation.

Peace out,

EH
AngelOfMusic387 chapter 3 . 3/1/2009
Okay, I definitely like Subaru. She can definitely hold her own, and I think that Tokaki is right: she should wield that board. She's dangerous with it. And even better, she's not afraid to use it, even on the emperor's personal guards. Baka girl... :P. But it worked, and I'll bet they treat her well after that.

I'm definitely looking forward to her facing off with Tokaki in the practice courts. He definitely has his work cut out for him when it comes to her.

It makes me kinda sad to see the hints of love from Suzuno already, since I know how that relationship ends. But there's a long way before that happens, so I guess I should just sit back and enjoy the ride, ne?
AngelOfMusic387 chapter 2 . 3/1/2009
Aww, poor Subaru. I feel very bad for her and her family. Hopefully the next time she sees them, her father will have gotten over his grief of her leaving, at least enough to welcome her back with open arms. Good thing she has Tokaki to comfort her. For all of his "I want you" behavior, he really is a good guy. I can definitely tell that already. I like that he was so good with Masame. It was kinda cute.
AngelOfMusic387 chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Yay, another FY story to read! I just recently got into Fushigi Yuugi, and found this story through Roku_kyu's stories. And I'm liking it already. I know next to nothing about the Byakko shichi seishi, so I'm definitely looking forward to finding out more.

I love the interactions between Tokaki and Subaru. It seems like they have the beginnings of a perfect love-hate relationship. Okay, I'm off to read chapter 2. I tend to review as I read, which means that you're most likely going to get 30 more reviews over the next couple of weeks. :D
Stellar Sundown chapter 34 . 10/1/2008
My first reaction on seeing the new chapter was AH! AH! AH!

Needless to say, I got a few weird looks from my classmates.

I am so happy that you decided to continue this story. I read the other chapters at least three times, Market is so amazing.

This chapter was sad, though. Losing three people in such a small time frame... you can only imagine what that must feel like.

No matter how long it takes, I'll be waiting for the next chapter.
Windborn chapter 34 . 10/1/2008
Ah, good to see you again, Kaze-chan. _

A very moving chapter. Is it awful that I almost feel worse for Toroki than Suzuno and Tatara? Heh.
hydra-star chapter 34 . 10/1/2008
I hope you realize what a horrible person you are. You leave us off at a horrible cliff hanger and then make us wait four years for an update! You evil person you.

Now that I have the formalities out of the way... Yay! An update! And a beautiful chapter at that, if not a very sad one. And if you make us wait four years for another update I'll find you myself! XD Please update soon. You do still have avid readers who want to see this finished.
beppin14 chapter 33 . 4/14/2007
PLEASE UPDATE! x
Jacque' la Kitsune chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
i know this is late by i love this story
hannah chapter 33 . 9/12/2006
Woow please write more!
sesshykharl chapter 33 . 6/13/2006
Hello, I'm Sk. OMFG! How the Hell did you come up with this! It's PERFECT! MY FAVORITE GROUP WITH THE TWO HOTTEST CHARACTERS IN FUSHIGI YUGI (Tatara and Tokaki. Yes very hot.)Is this how it ends? because it is one major cliffhanger if it is. If it isn't then i would very much like you to continue. Please, pretty pretty Please. I beg you. Might i remind you I don't think you have updated this one since 04. I am a big NEW fan and yeah.

See ya later

Sesshykharl
Kryssa chapter 33 . 8/26/2005
I've just realized that I've never actually reviewed this last chapter. BAD KRYSSA! NO BISCUIT! So, in the interest of reminding myself why I loved this story so much, I've come back to finish what I've started.

The way you portrayed Suzuno's almost-devouring was intense. The fear that each of the seishi had for and of her, the visualization as she begins to shift into the form of Byakko... wow. The way you portray everything without being overwhelming or losing us is extremely well done. The little details about the fur and Suzuno's screaming and the way she refused to be devoured showed her courage and strength - something we didn't get to see much because she's the one who's always being protected. This was something she did on her own, and it was amazing to see her fight.

I have to admit, I like the way Kokie stood the trio together, to protect each other and prevent any improper attacking on anyone's *coughTokakicough* part. It was a small section, barely a paragraph, but I liked how it showed the ability for the seishi to understand and care for each other without needing to talk. Also, the little interlude with Suzuno explaining why she summoned Taheiji was morbidly fascinating. I like the fact that she said she's ready to use "means of persuasion". To me, it means that she's not a child, not the same "innocent" girl who came from another world. She's seen what evil can do, and she knows that sometimes you have to fight it to win. My issue (and I'm a bloodthirsty wench) is that they (the guards or whoever) should have cut off Taheiji's hands and feet to prevent him from acting in any way. Plus it's torture, and that's always fun, but that's just me being vengeful and, well, bloodthirsty.

I'm actually surprised they let the seishi question Taheiji - I would have thought this to be an imperial matter. Not that the seishi aren't important enough to merit being there, but I'd want my Imperial Interrogaters there to make sure they get answers ASAP. *shrugs* Me being bloodthirsty. I think it'll be a running theme of the review this time around. Anyway, they make all these threats to Taheiji and no one actually follows through. Kudos to Kokie for punching him and amen to Tokaki for pointing it out that Taheiji wouldn't help them anyway, but he still got out.

And here comes my biggest concern. The emperor knew that the seishi were questioning Taheiji. He knew the biggest war criminal of the century was within his palace. So why in the world are his children - Motoki specifically - running around looking for the seishi? I don't want to be over-critical; I feel like I've raked you over the coals enough for what happens to my fave seishi. It's mostly me being angry with the story and Taheiji for what happens to Motoki, so I'm making reasons as to why he shouldn't have been there. It's a pretty painful chapter, and I think getting everything from Subaru's POV packed an even harder emotional punch.

Taheiji is a sadistic asshole that was scarily well-characterized. He is the evil mirror image who knew how to manipulate the whole freakin' world - even our beloved seishi. The things he says about Subaru to taunt Tokaki (and about Suzuno to anger Tatara), the way he orders the seishi to tie each other up, and how quickly he realizes that the seishi are powerless shows that he's not some mindless villain. Rather, he's a deeper, darker evil because he's intelligent. Because if he were a good guy, the Sairou-jin would have kicked Kutou's ass years ago. And it pisses me off to no end that he should have won even though he died. F*ck!

And finally... Toroki and Motoki. I'd curse you out more for hurting two of the most undeserving characters (not that Subaru deserved what happened to her) in the story, but I've already shown you the depth of my anger. *would happily strangle Taheiji if he wasn't already dead* I wonder what would have happened if Toroki hadn't "attacked". Motoki might not have died - or he might have later. Suzuno would have gone with Taheiji and probably gotten hurt. I don't really have a point; it's just that we don't know that the outcome of the Taheiji incident would have been better if Toroki hadn't attacked. He might not have been hurt, but at the cost of Motoki and Suzuno's life. *sighs* This bites.

Anyway, this is an insanely long review with me mostly ranting about the unfairness of it all. Still... the fact that it inspires such an emotional reaction out of me still makes it one of the best stories I've ever read. I can't wait to see the next chapter (oh wait! _~). Take care, imouto-chan, and I'll talk to you later.
wyrd chapter 34 . 1/20/2005
Where are you? Is real life in the way? Have Tasuki Rekka Shinen it! ... Or just finish your homework/work work.

Ja ne!
Littleadryan chapter 34 . 12/22/2004
Hi there. Please update soon! I'm really curious of what will happen next. I so love ur story. Please, please update!

.o
Chaotic Demon chapter 34 . 7/31/2004
I can't wait for the next chapter!