Reviews for Shall I Compare Thee to a Rotting Corpse
Araloth the Random chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
That was a very original poem and fits Shakespeare's sonnet well. Plus, it made me laugh. So well done!

Salysha chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Golden. Pure golden.

A great use of existing material with an invigorating twist. The adaptation wasn't too close to the original, either; just enough to give a taste before taking off in a new direction.

May I say, fantastic.
hotdogfish chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
lol, i think thats about the only realistic response to that. apart from maybe rofl
faramiriel chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Heeheehee! Creepy, ew...

Did you mean to put "rotting" in the first line? It's in the title, but not in the actual poem. It just says "shall I compare thee to a corpse."

Loved it!
BananaFish33 chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
I love this! It flows so well that one can almost ignore the imagery, but that would be a crime because it's so brilliant!
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
AS I told you at L&S, the goth in my LOVES this! Well done!
StarSpray chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Great job - very funny!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Oh, very funny, very funny. Well done.

I've sometimes wondered about orcs and how they breed. Tolkien never tells us anything about orc women and children - probably because then we might begin to question the concept of a species that is wholly evil and only good for being slaughtered.

Anyway, good stuff!
jules14 chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Very funny and very appropriate. I can just picture the handsome...*cough*...orc swain reciting this to his lady-love, who is so delighted she gives him a romantic token of a Gondorian soldier's head, or a necklace of men's teeth, or something.