Reviews for The Meaning Of Love
Laelyn24 chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
What a great idea for a story! It really shows where Will's anger comes from. Beautifully written!
Holly chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Oh! *Sniffs twice, grabs tissue and begins to sob.* It was so sweet ans sad... I really could just see it all. Sniff, sniff, you were right about the tissue warning. I was looking for a favourite line, but if I was going to comment all my favourite lines I'd have to put the entire story here. :)
JealousOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I am finally reviewing...terrible person that I am. :D

Anyway, I really like this story. Really, really like this story. I was a bit shocked at the loss of Dan's hand, and how it was brushed off so quickly...and yet he did it. (Provides a valid comparison between Alan and Dan, eh? Ahem.)

I have one quibble, and it's not a big one: your summary. It uses "then" when it should be "than." Eeyursh, I feel kind of bad saying this, so please know! I'm not trying to be mean here...I just notice things like that...

In the meantime, I miss you terribly... God bless!
Sarahfreak chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Well you most definitely have something to be proud of in this story. I can say that I never really pondered how much Dan taking the punishment for Will and Luke would've affected him but in the fic you absolutely nailed it with pure raw emotion. I loved how you incorporated Will chopping wood with flash backs...very effective. All in all great writing and I really enjoyed reading this (even if it was sad as all hell). Loved it!
KeepingAmused chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
My own throat feels tight from emotion.

Dan's hand being removed is always known as a great sacrifice but we never understood the pain of him having to take the punishment from Will. The topic that's always been skimmed over has come to life by you - and you put it into such perspective that it truly broke my heart.

Dan holding Will's hands in his one only grasp - as if his son is every hope united.

That killed me.

This is part of Will's drive to help the poor and I applaud you, weeping, for portraying it so beautifully.

Keep writing :)
lushliz chapter 1 . 6/6/2008

this was really sweet nd ... i just loved it!

i really liked the bit at the end, it worked really well.

great job!well done!