Reviews for The Sex Talk
horsejeansbarngmail.com chapter 1 . 4/4
this was utterly tragic and disturbing. but i loved it.

reading the comics now, this idea doesn't seem quite so far fetched… i mean, Candra is a serious creep. and there were some moments (especially in Gambit #6) in which she was borderline harrassing/getting all predator and creepy with Remy… and he was only 14 or 15 in that one. it's sick… she really, really, bothers me.

i mean really… you have to be seriously disturbed to want to rape a 12 year old child.
and the emotional trauma that that would cause would be awful for poor Remy.

Jean-Luc should be ashamed of himself. i don't know how he could even look his baby son in the face and act like it's all ok after knowing that he allowed a sick sadist like Candra to take away something as important as a 12 year old's virginity.

oh and i have a quick question, what do you think of Jean-Luc? you tend to portray him in a fairly negative light. i'm not sure what to think of him. sometimes i think he's great, and then sometimes i'm like "woah he's an asshole" lol
Purp.Mindlessnes chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
dude this was intence at first i thought it be hilarious but it was just sad and full of angst i feel bad for stormy and remy bravo really good job well done u really should continue this
AreYouSirius-questionmark chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
this is a sad story and should at least be k if not T
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I hate those coversations...about how old everyone was when they first did it.

Beautifully written. Most likely something I'll have my own kids read someday so I don't have to be the one to share. Thank you again for posting.
deleted5656 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
This is my favorit X-Men story out there. I love it, really much. Poor Remy, I must say. I didn't have a childhood filled with happy sunshine and puppies.

Love it. 3
Luckydo0g42 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I liked it though, for safety purposes i'd increase the rating to atleast T just to stay out of trouble from some douche tryin to be an ass.
helen louise mason chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
brilliant, absolutely breathtaking - just read this, i'm a a counsellor actually of children & adults so i've been through various sides of this 'converstion' from teens wanting to have sex, worried parents, and children & adults who've suffered abuse and i have to say this is a brilliant story, you captured the characters, the passion & the angst without it being purely angst for voyueristic purposes, meaning it is part of who they are as a person, not changing the character's personalities to fit in with your story!

brilliant, amusing and moving

The Duplicitous One chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
That was really disturbing. It sometimes frightens me to see the real Gambit. I had no idead Cassandra took Remy's virginity. That too at the age of 12! That's sick. Surprisingly Rogue didn't say much to comfort him. Please add more Romy to your stories, k? I wish X-Men was written by authors like you instead of the faggots at Marvel. They screw everything up royally. Hope to hear from you soon!

REMY & ROMY FOREVER!
NeverMagpie chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Nice :)

It's nice to see people with real knowledge of Gambit's past writing it, without making it too angsty.
Geminia chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
My heart goes out to Remy, poor darl'in... Can we kill Cassie now? Better yet, have Rougie do it?

Gemini
BJ2 chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Aside from a few grammatical errors it was a nice peek into Remy's less than idealistic childhood. I bet Jubes never expectect that response from him. I bet none of them did. Nice job.
Nicole Wagner chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Despite the various spelling errors in this story, I think it was quite good. Rather sad, angsty, but with an honest feel about it. Heck, it's rather original! You took a very dark subject matter and wrote it well.

-Nicole