Reviews for Maniac
PaloozaChu chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
..Is this PokeSpe Yellow? The cutie with the straw hat?
If so, then she's a GIRL.
Padfoot Arcanine chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Great job with this. Very creepy..Keep up the great work!
She Who Loves Pineapples chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
That was pretty sick. ._.
SnowLion no Miko chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Wow, what an interesting take on the scene from the game. I think it was very creepy and just very well written. Great work.
RhythmicRhapsody chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
omg never thought about that good story.
ObsessedwithBirds chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Haha LOL poor Bill! XD
Farla chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Hm.

I'm not entirely sure. There's something, but figuring out exactly what it is is harder.

This is decent, but I could tell how it would go almost immediately, simply because of the direction of the description and that you focus most of your attention on the change. It's sparse, slotting very neatly into the subset of the gameverse fic that replays a particular bit from a darker perspective, but the problem with those is that they tend to not really develop as much as a full scene deserves. I'm not entirely sure what you should do, but it might help to extend the opening bit and establish the reason Yellow's there. It's very similar to the game, where you're a mute character wandering around just for the hell of it, but I think from a story perspective it works better if you give more character and reason to him.

Also, the final lines seem a bit off - it seems like they mean he won't inflict it on his pokemon, but what he's saying sounds more like he's saying Bill is a bad person and he won't use anything of Bill's because of that. Something more along the lines of "I'll never put you in his PC" would probably work better, since it switches the focus from the PC to the pokemon inside it.
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Go figure. I found this from Farla's page about requesting reviews or whatever. I was poking around, I suppose. At any rate, I'm going to try to give you a constructive review, no problems.

Here goes...

Okay, first, I really really like this. It does make one wonder, doesn't it, what happened to the other half of the Pokemon once you've removed Bill in the games. I tried to look for it in my childhood glory, but Bill does just shove the ticket at you and leave, huh? It's also interesting how he's "stuck in a costume" in the anime...probably for this very reason.

So in other words, you did make me think about something I hadn't thought of before, which I enjoy. Really.

I do have one problem. Obviously, we don't get to see/read Bill's side of the story. Maybe it was a 'Fly'-esque accident, maybe it wasn't. I would definately love to see somethinhg from his POV about the situation. About his desperation to escape from that prison he found himself in. It probably hasn't sunk in, the full horror and shock of his actions, leading to some very delicious trauma. Although you probably left it open for that very reason, huh? Ah...well.

Looking back, that wasn't as constructive as I wanted it to be...sorry. I'll try to keep closer track of you in the future, this sort of thing needs to be addressed. Tajiri was right. Pokemon is a lot more brutal and sadistic than any of us want to believe.

"MAY HE THUNDER FOREVER!"

~Blake
Kipcha chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
I always wondered what happened to the Pokemon, although I never though to write a fic. Creepy.
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
oh wow. I love this, a very interesting look at the situation, not too gratuitously gory and very very powerful.

Pikachu is sweet :) You captured him?her perfectly. And I rather like how the players name is Yellow, it means you can imagine yourself in there (and brings back so many happy gameboy memories, as well as the theme tune. heh)
Fiction C9 chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
Interesting way of twisting the game event. I never really wondered where the Pokemon went, actually. Good description, but a little too fast-paced.

Keep writing. I'll review any other Pokemon stories you post if I like them.
tracefan chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
Oh wow. Never thought of that before when playing the game...
blacksand1 chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Yes! YES! A fic that points out just HOW SICK some aspects of this game are! Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but if you think about it too hard... Anyways, this was really well written
jai-kun chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
This was truly brilliant! it was an inspired use of in game canon.

Just to reassure myself, I'd like to point out that the pokemon in game is probably OK due to their molecular structure being malleable enough to evolve in a short time and fit into a pokeball despite their sometimes huge size.

... Right? ;_;
Jack Keller chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
My God...

Well, that's one possibility... And I hate to say, the most likely...

o_O;;