Reviews for Burn Out Not Fade Away
Jillian A.K chapter 8 . 7/2/2012
I understand you have not gotten back in the 'groove' so to speak. But the story thus far is very well written and I am curious to know if you had a plan to explain the invisibility, its 'leaking,' and any other plotlines you had developed regarding Ibberson, and what it would have been.

Regards.
Jillian chapter 8 . 11/7/2009
I love this story. I have only seen four episodes of SGA, and I love how you flesh out the characters for me. I love the backstory you give Sheppard, and the understanding you bring to McKay (especially as relates to Carson being his first friend). I do wonder why no one has brought up that McKay can probably see Sheppard because of the injury he received and that they may be reacting differently because Sheppard has the ATA gene and he doesn't?

I liked the boot test idea; that was original. And I like how you point out that Antarctica is a punishment post, because I didn't really get it. I also like the dialogue, though Carson's accent is a bit hard to read, sometimes. I remember a lesson in creative writing class that said less is more, and a good rule of thumb was to not accent a character's dialogue more than ten percent of the time, and trust the reader to fill in the rest if they know the show.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling stronger and that it has been a good year for you.

Regards,

Jillian
firefighter22 chapter 9 . 9/1/2008
I so... agree with you. My thoughts exactly. I always thought when a show had a good fan base that it would continue. Obviously not for Sci-fi. I am so sick and tired of getting pulled into a series and then getting thrown off the wagon. Why would I want to get started on a new series? To let them pull the rug from underneath us AGAIN? I don't think so. I am protesting by not watching the new Universe series. As a fan I'm tired of getting slapped in the face. I can go somewhere else for entertainment.
faerie555 chapter 8 . 8/4/2008
Dear Cat. I am so sorry you feel so poorly! I know what it is to be frequently ill - im only 45 but have just had 3 weeks of shingles and a chest infection to add to my collection of poor health issues. I REALLY feel for you. However PLEASE do not be discouraged! you WILL get better, and things WILL improve. Your stories are a joy and your skill as a writer is obvious. You carry people along so much that you forget you a reading a computer. I love your stories and will wait as long as it takes for you to get back on you feet. But maybe the message is that you should be using your recovery time to take you skills to the wider world? not just us captive fans. Get better soon. we will wait! Faerie55 x
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 8 . 8/4/2008
You take any and all time needed to recuperate, ya hear? You get healthy, you get back in the RL saddle and THEN you can tease and torment your loyal fans with your brilliant scribbling, dong ma?

;)
BeeTech chapter 8 . 8/2/2008
Hang in there and get better. That's what is important. Good story - I love the interaction btn John and Rodney. I'll put your story on my story alert list.

Best wishes.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 7 . 7/20/2008
Oh...oh...that is just way too fun for its own good, Cat! I mean...I know Sheppard is kinda narcissistic, but this definitely puts him over the top ;D

Awesome chapter you got here! Definitely loving the Sheppard monologues and Sheppard-McKay snark-versations :D
fricative chapter 6 . 7/17/2008
Great story! The style is a little off, though - I don't think the footnotes are necessary, especially to explain who 'Queen' is. But that's up to you, of course.

I'd work on making the tone a little more casual. 'John was no prude – but nor was he some sort of male slut – or ‘man-ho’ in the current trendy-speak.' Doesn't sound like anything John would say, (the narrator is essentially in his head) it's much too formal and distracting. It's great that you're able to write with such exactness, but it doesn't always fit the character.

I also don't think it's necessary to go to such great lengths attempting to reproduce Carson's accent - what with the multiple rs. It's all English - you're not phonetically spelling the American's accent, which would seem equally bizarre. Most authors seem to throw a few Scottishisms in there just for flavor.

Those are my two cents. You're the author, feel free to disregard them. This story is excellent and I'll be following it closely!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 5 . 7/5/2008
Uh...I thought it was established early on that Sheppard's "indiscretion" was swiping a Blackhawk helicopter and using it to rescue fellow soldiers in Afghanistan? The douchebag CO in Iraq plotline is cool...but it kinda contradicts things if I'm not mental ;)

Still...super awesome chapter in any case with lots of superb mental monologuing. Though I do wonder how everyone missed out on the fact Sheppard never really had any experience with the SGC before the Atlantis mission. Wouldn't it have come out between the arrival and this point?

BEB
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 3 . 6/23/2008
Another fabulous chapter full of witty banter, TCW! Definitely was all kinds of impressed with how well you channeled the characters :D

Also? the internal monologues from Sheppard were class acts as well, cuz I KNOW John would be thinking those things!

BEB
sparklegem chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
I was wondering how this chapter was going to relate to the first one...
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 2 . 6/11/2008
Uh...Cat's Whiskers? Think you posted the wrong 2nd chapter, as this seems to be the second chappie for angsty Sheppard/Weir romance fest rather than exploring the nature of finding a super weapon that, by cliche, should blow up in everyone's face ;D
Alipeeps chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Good start - I quite like your characterisation here and the set-up is intruiging. Looking forward to finding out more about the weapon/outpost... and some possible whump? :D