Reviews for The Enemy of My Enemy
AxeHelix chapter 31 . 3/8
Genius, just genius.
Guest chapter 31 . 12/12/2014
Well, I just finished my third reread of this story, and it still hooks me and draws me into the world. This fiction is some of the best writing I've ever seen. I'd even put it above several novels that I've read. You really don't need anymore gushing about how amazing this work is, but I'm going to give it to you anyway. This is an outstanding work of art.
Solace chapter 31 . 9/13/2014
This piece of art is THE BEST Halo fanfiction I have read so far! It's style reminds me of several of the books and games in some ways. This is a MUST READ for Halo Fanfic readers!
colitas chapter 31 . 6/3/2014
I have one word for you.
Bravo.
That, was the best action packed yet realistically portrayed fic with the lovable humor every now and then.
Rich cast of characters, vivid words of the grusome war, tropes that made me simply squeal in joy and a lovable ending earning for the said tale of the parting Elites.
Thank you for such a fantastic fic that makes me ignore any mistakes because one simply cannot stop reading this piece of hidden gem.
I hope that we can hear more from Vtas and his crew.
\[]/
Fell chapter 30 . 5/5/2014
This is a fantastic fanfic
This is on par with the halo chronicle collections if not surpassing !
Guest chapter 21 . 5/5/2014
Very good
Steeven Lee chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
I can't fave this hard enough. I just... Wow. That's the only word I can use to describe this story: Wow. I am stunned and wowed by your skill as a writer.
Mr. 125 chapter 31 . 3/14/2014
We both know you really don't need another person bursting in here like a lunatic, hands waving and blustering about how great the adventure was... but I'm going to do that anyway seeing as how it siphoned in the best way possible 2.5 days from my life without me realizing-rather, I did realize and I didn't care and as a result, it cost me homework and sleep time; the last two days I've been wandering around in a blur. The best blur possible.

Only a day later, writing this and thinking back, do I feel I can finally take a breath. I feel like a general who's finished fighting a particularly taxing campaign, going over casualty figures with a really bittersweet feeling. What I appreciated in particular was the planning that went into bringing to life the scope of the four fronts. There was a really palpable sense of place. When Murphy wasn't present at the Battle of the North gate, I was a little disappointed, but I came to appreciate the decision-Horizon is really huge. I loved the thought-out tactical planning so much; there's nothing I would have done different if I were in Abelev's seat, given what he had to work with. There's something deeply satisfying about seeing all the resources at one's disposal being used to maximum efficiency (and the feeling suitably diminished when everything stops working one by one).

I also need to commend you on the simple genius of Torikus' motivation as a plot device. I was searching for something more in the beginning of the story when I realized it was perfect and fitting. There was astonishingly nothing convoluted about why Torikus needed to take that city, and his reasoning was well within the logic of his character and culture, coming down to a believable mixture of pride and sadism. The straight-forwardness of his petty determination made him extremely scary as an antagonist.

Anyway, glad I could finally experience this from start to finish (the way it was probably intended, and with the attention span I have now to boot). I know I'm about 6 years too late, but there wasn't any way I was going to leave this story un-reviewed after I just spent a sizeable chunk of my week thinking about, craving, and getting sucked into the world. It's the least I can do. It was easily more engrossing than 90% of random published sci-fi/fantasy novels I've picked over in the last decade. Seriously. Stealing a chapter here and there throughout my day (yes, even during class) was like indulging a really frightening and unhealthy addiction on my part.

Thanks,
-125
Lazurman chapter 31 . 3/13/2014
Is that a sequel hook I see? Fuck yeah!
Lazurman chapter 30 . 3/13/2014
...Is this a tear? I think that this is a tear. /God/ I love happy endings.
Lazurman chapter 29 . 3/13/2014
I think I came, just a little bit.
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 31 . 3/13/2014
Epic read!
Lazurman chapter 27 . 3/13/2014
...And the next few days are gonna be /worse/, he says?!
Lazurman chapter 26 . 3/13/2014
*salute* You hear me? Salute that badass motherfucker.
Lazurman chapter 24 . 3/12/2014
...Stupid big goddamn hero...