Reviews for A Lesson in Patience
kurosakiami01 chapter 6 . 1/6
This was delightfully nerdy! I didn't really understand half of the physics/chemistry/science allusions, not really, but they were interesting! And oh how I wanted to slap Severus at the beginning! He was such an asshole! But, to be fsir, he had somewhat thrown into a completely new universe when he was expecting to die, so...

Anyway, it was a nice fic :) Thank you for sharing!
Goosen chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
This is one of the few SSHP stories I've read that I think is pretty realistic. :) I like it.
island0meadow chapter 6 . 11/14/2014
This was a nice story but... did I miss the part about why James was not included in Harry's life? I would have guessed divorce, however, parents typically tend to see their children every once in a while in that situation, therefore I'm guessing he either died or abandoned them when Harry was little? I had totally thought that James was the one abusing Harry (since you had mentioned Vernon signed the permission slips for Hogsmead) but nope it was the Dursleys xp I also found it odd that Severus practically gave up magic just because Harry found it uncomfortable. ... I guess that is one of the things they will have to work out in the future ;)
KneazleGriff chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
Lovely story. Very enjoyable. ;)
XxZessxX chapter 6 . 5/12/2014
A really strange idea but not a bad one. Severus in a muggle world and he has to adept. I can see Severus struggling with that. It was nice, however I must say It would've been nice to see more about them when they became a couple or at least part the "getting to know us" and "beeing a couple" time in half. Still, like I said, it was interessting to read.
XxZessxX
Acutagava chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Good story! Well written and original)
random4ever chapter 6 . 1/7/2014
Wowie. I understand if some people can't get through this, but as a bit of a science nerd myself I was floored with amazement rather than confusion. Some of the timing seemed a little off, and the fact that two people teach all of those classes is a little insane, but other than that the science and the magic really clicked and it was wonderful. DFTBA, Random
megipegi chapter 6 . 11/8/2013
Great story, thank you!
Kiro Angel chapter 6 . 11/2/2013
It clicked! It clicked! I felt like I got a taste of that click. Right there, with stars and Hugh Grant. Damn it, but this is beautiful.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
This is an awesome story! I really enjoyed reading it. xD
Pyrane chapter 6 . 6/26/2013
Thanks for this interesting story ;D

***Pyrane***
me chapter 6 . 5/15/2013
Also, something else I'm wondering about. Harry is 22 in the new world, right? but n the old one, Harry is 17 or so. Does that mean that the new world is ahead of the old? That Severus spent a long time dead before switching? That Severus is also 5 years older than he was in the old world? Furthermore, Dumbledore is supposed to be like 150 years old or something. How is he still alive in the New world? Was he born later? And, one last musing, isn't Severus running out of money by now? He hasn't gone to work for months. I could but a few paid sick days and a few more paid vacation days, but you don't take paid 2-month sabbaticals. How is he paying rent and food?
me chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
Do you know what I wonder about? Is Severus in his own body, just in his other self's place? Or is he in his other self's body? What prompted the switch? And...why does Harry seem to be so OK with the death of someone he looked up to and even loved?
me chapter 3 . 5/15/2013
On the contrary, magic is no more a crutch than technology, and no worse a cheat. We come to depend on refined petroleum products to weatherproof our clothes, on electricity to heat and light our houses. So the wizard believes he will never be without dry clothes in the rain, or light in the dark...can any of us today say that we do not depend on raincoats and umbrellas? Or that we do not depend on electric lights, even down to battery operated lights when the electricity is out? Of course not. And to say that magic makes many more problems than technology is inaccurate as well, since magic does not have pollution, identity theft, radiation, high yield explosives, spy satellites to watch neighboring countries, wire taps, vehicle crashes, genetically modified food concerns, pesticide and herbicide poisoning, the list goes on and on.
Steampunk Phoenix chapter 6 . 3/4/2013
I loved your story, especially the ending. Thanks for the amazing ride, this is one of my new favorite Sev/Harry fics. Thank You!