Reviews for Translations
Lina03 chapter 19 . 7/11/2014
Wow, this is awesome! )
The Sand Assassin chapter 19 . 1/28/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. I think it was brilliant and well written. Specially the part where the missions changed simply because Daniel wasn't there. It tells something of how important that character is. I also like how you manage to keep the characters in their roles. Well done.
One of the reasons I enjoyed this story so much, is that I just started studying archaeology. I must admit it took me about two weeks to read this story, simply because I didn't have much time to do so. But it was worth reading. Anyway, thank you for a good story and a brilliant plot. Now, of to read the sequels!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 19 . 4/26/2013
Interesting idea, I’ll give you that.
Making Daniel a teenager born on Abydos was a bold move, but an interesting one nevertheless, and you take on the challenge very well, beginning with acknowledging his inability to serve on SG-1 and inexperience with Earth and taking it from there.
You clearly put a great deal of thought into how the SGC would be affected by Daniel’s ‘absence’ as a professional employee, the staff acknowledging the value of Daniel’s insights while simultaneously unable to take him ‘seriously’ given his youth, and some of your other ideas about how the SGC as a whole develops with this new perspective are excellent, ranging from the initial thoughts about language-related matters to the more plot-centric details like the early theories about naquadah and Daniel’s possible ability to use Goa’uld technology.
Plus, your take on the NID is excellent; Daniel might still be the fundamentally moral person he is in the series, but his youth and inexperience of Earth means that he’s less aware of certain details and therefore more potentially ‘vulnerable’ than he might have been, even if Hathor’s actions end up taking them off the board ahead of time (I partly regret Maybourne’s fate considering the aid he provided them later on in the series, I can’t deny that the guy probably deserved it).
And as for the appearance of a variation on the ‘real’ Daniel…
VERY nice twist, to say the least; his final fate might suck, but at least he made an impact on the team during his time there (Even if I wish he’d spent more time with his other self than he did), regardless of Jack’s thoughts about his inability to really mourn Doctor Jackson due to his lack of experience with him while acknowledging his sacrifice.
Keep up the fascinating work; considering the seeds sown regarding the development of Daniel’s role in the SGC in the future, I am DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing what happens next…
EmeraldWings90 chapter 19 . 6/2/2012
This was absolutely, utterly amazing - I've read it in one sitting, from morning till 4am at night, I just couldn't stop. (I'm just writing this review a bit later the next day.) It's a brilliant idea, having Daniel and his parents' age being the only things different. I think it's very plausible, the way you presented both the changes and the differences: all of it is realistic. Many AU writers have trouble with that, either changing too much or changing too little, not giving enough explanation for it, but you did it perfectly. I especially thought it was a nice touch having Claire be pregnant when she was put in the sarcophagus and Daniel being especially sensitive to it as a result - I guessed that might happen, actually. And the Quantum Mirror, too - I shed some tears for alternate adult Daniel there (rotten luck with that appendicitis, but again, a completely plausible AU difference, him having it a few years earlier - brilliant!), and how it resulted in young Daniel accidentally going to Klorel's ship is amazing, too. But perhaps the best part is him being Teal'c's apprentice. :) Also, the differences in how missions work out for slightly (or not-so-slightly) for the worse without him being on the team, but they don't even know it could have been better... I know I'm repeating myself, but it's brilliant.

I think I'm off to read season 2, now. :)

irezel chapter 19 . 12/25/2011
oooooh...i love it. :) very well written!
Closed Parentheses chapter 3 . 4/22/2011
Heh. Cool.

Y'know, if at least one of his parents was a citizen, Daniel is still an American citizen. We're generous like that. Sure, he can't run for President, but he's legally theirs, not alien.
L chapter 19 . 3/22/2011
Wow. I stumbled upon this fic purely by accident. Wow. It was amazing. One of the best fictions I have read in quite a while. And if this story wasn't good enough, I checked out your page and found you have alot more written in this AU. Hopefully they are as good as this one was.

Thanks again, and keep writing.
spikemyangel chapter 19 . 1/8/2011
this fic deserves 10 times more reviews than it has, but that is the way of the world. i rarely get to read finished fics, it's awesome to do so, even if a bit sad because i know exactly where it ends.

the alernate reality daniel made me sad.

i love kidfics, but i don't think i've read anything like this before. very unique. i loved reading this fic _ it's taken me a couple days to finish, and now i have to get ready for work. bah. at least i'll have this brilliant story fresh in my mind to get me throguh the day.
Toraus chapter 19 . 10/1/2010
Awesome story!
carick of hunter moon chapter 19 . 9/30/2010
Using a child Daniel change the point of view for your story, this is a very clever idea, as it brings some thing new to your story and makes it stand out.

Your story then use the SG1 story arc in a new way and develops nicely from chapter to chapter the dialog of the characters of SGC is believable, as is the story which has both new and old ideas mix well together, I look farward to read the next part.
EccentricRage chapter 19 . 9/23/2010
oh wow! love the story so amazing and i cant wait for the sequel! chapter 19 . 8/31/2010
wow...this was great. i didn't realise it was in novel form, so it took

some time to get through. i've been reading the sg fanfic for about 2

weeks now, just discovered it totally by accident. i love the humorous

ones and enjoy the "fluff" but when i want the serious side, i want it

to be well-written, cohessive, intelligible, character-driven and easy

to follow - don't like having to go back and re-read sentences to understand what i just read. this was all that, and more. though i did

have a bit of a hard time adjusting to the fact that rothman was, well..

"with it"! {alternate reality, anything is possible, rite?} thanks so

much for the hard work and great read, i'm moving on to the next ones.

have you approached anyone about this bein g published in novel form?

i'd buy it in a heart-beat.
Vanidot chapter 19 . 2/17/2010
Loved this story! This has to be one of the best adult/child character switcheroo I've ever read (with the exception of some Mag7's but that's another Universe) At first I thought it was nothing more than just a retelling of the actual show but it really is much more than that. Thank you! Great story can't wait to read the rest of this AU. I'd like to see a romance bloom between Daniel and Cass since you brought it up. ;-) Oh, and thank you for proving that a good story can be written with out the use of F words. I love that element the most. Great story!
CindyLou13 chapter 19 . 10/1/2009
I was really leary about reading this story because I didn't want another "little Danny" story. However, this turns out to be a terrific story! It's just as I would imagine Daniel as an awkward, shy, studious teenager. The story is great and I can't wait to read the two follow-ups. The only thing I do miss is I wish he'd grow up faster and see what he's like as an adult!

Thanks so much for writing!

Erurawien chapter 19 . 6/6/2009
Well it took me a long time, but I finally finished reading all of your novels so far. Unfortunately, the much more easy and practical idea of reviewing as I went along or after I finished a novel didn't even occur to me. Until now.

Okay, overall, I really really love this idea and how you've written it. I love the characterizations of everyone that wouldn't normally be there (like Robert. Or was he there? I'm about 98% sure he didn't appear until the third season)). And of course for the major characters too. I can almost hear their voices in my head, which is actually a good thing D. I've always loved how if you change one thing, it changes everything. Go alternate realities!

I was surprised by how weird it is to read Mr. Jackson, as opposed to Dr. Jackson, its funny how one letter can make such a huge difference.

Well, I'm going to wrap this up, I need to review your other novels before all my ideas for what I'm going to say in them are gone.