Reviews for Harry's First Detention
ILoveHarryJamesPotter chapter 1 . 11/20
This was really good! I read this a while ago and decided to revisit it. I’m looking forward to rereading the sequel. Snape is very well characterized. I enjoyed your writing style and the descriptions of Harry from Snape’s POV such as “the little horror” and “the fiend”. My only complaint is that Snape got off too easily for his cruel behavior towards Harry!
mc1221318 chapter 1 . 11/12
Wonderful.
AdriLAAAxo chapter 1 . 8/13
He should not have been given a kiss by Minerva on the cheek. Just because Snape had said he’d take a Crucio if he could undo his actions does not relieve him whatsoever of punishment. he should be fired! Under probation! How could you permit someone who STRUCK and HUMILIATED a defenseless CHILD to work with other children?! He needs to see a healer at the very least! Anger management! The lack of such punishment may as well be condoning Snape laying his hand on Harry. Have you no heart?
AdriLAAAxo chapter 1 . 8/13
there is absolutely ZERO excuse for hitting a child in that way. Absolutely none. It is a gross misconduct that no apologies or feelings of remorse could hope to excuse. Bottom line: Snape let his prejudice and hatred blind him to reason and STRUCK a defenseless CHILD and humiliated him! Shame on you. 1/10
Snape should be in prison for hitting a child like that. No excuse excuses it, and letting him get away with doing that to a child is beyond sick. Feeling bad that he did it just doesn't cut it.
Harry Malfoy9397 chapter 1 . 1/24
1/10. Snape should have been fired not given a kiss on the cheek. Protector my ass, abuser more like, who should be out of a job and in prison.
csheila chapter 1 . 1/22
Okay once I quit trying to reach through the screen to strangle Snape,I loved it.

Did you write before learning Snape knew Petunia? Regardless, it’s a great story. But I am happy you continued it.
Maggie chapter 1 . 10/17/2021
Well that was one big pile of misunderstandings! Cute little story.

One thing though - Potter preferred to fight one on one? Canon Snape actually says "Your father would never attack me unless it was four on one".
Snape has enough reason to see Harry as his own person now, there's really zero need to whitewash James. If anything, not doing that makes Snape's prejudices and therefore the myriad of misunderstandings in your story more believable.
Star Sage chapter 1 . 10/8/2021
Found this story via TV Tropes(Surprisingly Realistic Outcome), and I must say, dark as the subject is, it is a true masterwork of its craft, and I look forward to the continuance of this tale, but I must simply comment on the excellence on display here. No one in this part of the tale is stupid, everyone is acting in character with their foibles, headmaster is simply too busy, Minvera has the house of pranksters, and Snape never paid attention. The teaching has just begun, so no one's had time to see what Snape did in a one on one session, so them not noticing is forgivable. And the Headmaster's last lines? Chilling. Thank you sir, and I look forward to having another, while I read the sequel.
drarryseveritus chapter 1 . 9/23/2021
omg I was supposed to be studying and I read this. It was worth it
Suse B chapter 1 . 8/30/2021
Very nice!
raven haired girl chapter 1 . 8/6/2021
I cried so hard reading his abuse...god no one should go through that let alone a small child
Moonkat85 chapter 1 . 5/6/2021
Great story. I know how Harry was feeling. I got abused by my biological father. I can't wait to read more from this story, if you deem to write more.
justlis chapter 1 . 4/19/2021
This is a good story, well written. One little thing took me out of it though, and that was Minerva kissing Snape. Seemed a very odd response after he'd just admitted to deliberately injuring Harry. But still an interesting story. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/6/2021