Reviews for The Brightest Star
S. A. Morley chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Wow. That was absolutely gorgeous. My throat was tightening a little... :(

You captured these characters expertly. In fact, I could hear their voices as I read through the dialogue and story. Wow. Very moving. Very touching. Very... sad.

You write incredibly! It takes a lot to get me emotional! :) Thank you for the wonderful oneshot!

RigelGlyth
Dark Magician Girl Aeris chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Wow. Just wow.

As someone who listens to the radio drama every morning getting ready for work (my alarm clock has the CD in there and it almost never comes out) I DEFINATELY recognise Ai's famous lines. As a huge fan of Tanjou, I have to say you've really done justice to the storyline and the characters. This absolutely heartbreaking piece really brings to life the thoughts and emotions of a character that you don't get much information on at all. A fantastic piece.

Now I need to stop wanting to cry before I go to work...
Blackjack Gabbiani chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
There's a novelization? I wondered where people got "Smith" from for him. I don't know anyone who calls him that, even fans who tend to use exclusively dub names. Although the Japanese side tends to forget his name is Fuji, since most of the movie texts just call him "hakase".

Anyway, excellent fic. He's one of the forgotten Rockets (probably because he didn't have distinct loyalty to them, but hey).
Sayum chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Holy shit, that was gorgeous.
Emo Shaman chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Very interesting. Giving character to a person in Pokemon who really wasn't a part of much of the story in the first place. I recognized the quote CAN I GET SOME PUPPIES NOW? P
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Hello Meriah!

This is a wonderful piece...sad, yes, but honest - true to life. I especially was struck by the last few lines: "Ai. Ai is gone. Love is gone. And all love is gone now. I cannot feel it anymore. Night is falling fast, and the sky is absent of any light... except for one star. The brightest star."

The imagery and implications...short as this one, I enjoyed it very much! Great job!

Well, I hope to see something more from you soon. See ya'.

~ Abby