Reviews for Dora's Tale
TLWtlw chapter 4 . 6/9
Oh, so Stella Fletcher's cousin is Gil. The one who is supposedly "courting Anne". I don't think Anne's been told of the situation yet.
TLWtlw chapter 2 . 7/21/2016
I always hated that Davy stole her cake like that.
Marie Lesley chapter 11 . 8/23/2013
love this and wish you would finish it :-) I've been rereading Anne of Avonlea and feeling very sorry for Dora and a little peeved with Anne for her sake. This little read makes me feel better though!
Toxxica chapter 11 . 1/5/2012
I just wanted to thank you for writing this! I was just rereading the series for the first time in years, and was struck anew by how neglected Dora is in the narrative. I was rather insulted for her sake that Davy wasn't really punished at all for locking her up that time, and how Anne seemed so much more distressed that he had lied to her than she was over Dora's terrible experience. I wanted to write a fic of my own telling Dora's story, but it's been so long since I've written anything that I have terrible writer's block. So I went looking for stories about Dora, and yours is one of the only ones I found. I can't help but feel though, that even if there were a thousand Dora fics, yours would still be my favourite :)
Walter Blythe chapter 11 . 5/27/2011
Update or else!

I'm joking but do P and D end up up together and I thought Paul could hold his own in games...
Tavaril chapter 11 . 6/18/2010
this is nice, Dora is one of those characters that never got much attention in the stories. It is nice that someone is writing about her.
Gwen Davis chapter 11 . 5/31/2010
I don't normally read fan fiction, but someone sent me this link with a strong recommendation. Now I see why. This is a wonderful story top to bottom - everything about Davy and Dora and Paul rings true as a bell. I hope you'll continue, but even if you don't, thanks for what you've written so far.
Macabre-Melody chapter 11 . 2/21/2010
please update soon? i love this, it's really well-written and i love how you're exploring dora, who no one ever thinks much about :)
astrangeronthestreet chapter 11 . 10/12/2009
I can't thank you enough for writing this story. You've just righted one of the many wrongs in this world. As trivial as it may seem, I've always had the hardest time reading Anne of Avonlea because of the way Dora is treated. Yes, she lacks Davy's charisma, but does that really merit the kind of neglect she recieves? But this story has just made everything 'all right' in my world, if only for a moment. Once again, thank you.
serenity12345 chapter 11 . 3/25/2009
LOVE IT!

update sooN!
A Forgotten One chapter 11 . 2/28/2009
its so nice that you have written something about Dora. She's almost forgotten in the end. And Paul's a good one to write about too.

Great story, you going to write more?

Morte Rouge chapter 11 . 2/9/2009
I will forever maintian that this was the reason I always loved Dora.

-M.R.
Tastytime chapter 11 . 2/8/2009
Still loving this story. It's very gracefully written, and I have admiration for the subtle way in which Dora is beaten down (not physically obviously) but mentally by those around her- especially Anne who is a heedless person as all know. I adore the growing depth of the relationship between Dora and Paul- how they are both good for each other- Paul is helping Dora become more imaginative, while Dora is teaching Paul patience and acceptance. Can't wait for more
Morte Rouge chapter 10 . 1/31/2009
Yay Dora's imagination being cultivated, and yay Gilbert! I sometimes feel as though he is my brother or cousin, so devoted am I to my Gilbert story, and I feel almost a surge of pride when I see him in others' stories, haha.

Oh, the irony of Anne. "Any girl would be thrilled to be rescued from a watery grave by a gallant knight"...? Oh, OH ANNE

-M.R.
teawithhoney chapter 10 . 1/31/2009
Yay an update! And such a sweet one as well. Dora is truly adorable, as is Paul.