Reviews for Rewind
Chyme for the Rhyme chapter 15 . 10/19
Damn. To put it bluntly. There's so much tragedy and hubris in these 'rewinds' especially for the bystanders who get caught up in Charmcaster's selfishness. And while I appreciate that this seems to have been written before Charmcaster's or rather Hope's backstory was canonically revealed, I can't help but see the 'spider' story she tells Gwen as not only a metaphor for herself and the web she weaves throughout time, but a parable of what happened in her home dimension with Aggregor 'eating' every other creature that dared to use magic and 'steal' the mana he saw as his own.

I really liked the possibilities unveiled here, a Max who was twisted in a way no other Max we've seen before was twisted, which leaves question of how his life with Verdona and his kids progressed in the past, a Gwen from past chapters coming back to haunt Charmcaster with an elegant but well-thought-out plan, having cast off her humanity and become a fulll-on anodite now that those who might have helped her remain tethered to her humanity are gone - ironically enough, Charmcaster perhaps being one of them earlier on on her timeline. And the 'vacation' loop with Ben going horribly, horribly wrong, especially for him as his caught in the crossfire of a Charmcaster coalition at the end and just feeling relief that his death doesn't hurt as much as it could have. There's glum and then there's just passive acceptance.

Of course there's hope for well, Hope at the end when she breaks the cycle. But of course, there's no telling what awaits her in this do-over. Looks like she'll have to forge her own way the way a truly regular person with. But hopefully this time she'll be a little wiser about it. And it won't lead to such heartbreak for the people around her.
Unstorpable chapter 15 . 8/20
This was an absolutely amazing piece of fiction, I loved it.
Biancachu chapter 15 . 10/15/2015
Interesting take on the endless loops fics. Very well-done. First Charmcaster-centric fic I've read . I doubt I'll find a better one.
Hmm chapter 15 . 7/19/2015
The concept of this story and the dedication to its cause amazed me, and continues to do so.

Time looped stories that are actually related to world hopping are fascinating and awesome.

Or horrific in this case.

You are impressive; karkaddin.

I'll be watching you.

Over and out.
Hmm chapter 14 . 7/19/2015
Some people got out of wonderland.

Or that's what they want me to think.

-Mad Alice
Hmm chapter 13 . 7/19/2015
What happens if the world goes mad, and I'm the sane man left on earth?

Hmm chapter 12 . 7/19/2015
Everyone's going to wonderland.

Hmm chapter 11 . 7/19/2015
Looks like Alice got lonely, and the birdy gave her a friend.

Or am I just mad?
Hmm chapter 10 . 7/19/2015
Ah, the birdy turned into a wonderful eagle.

Or is it a hawk?

Hmm chapter 9 . 7/19/2015
Ah, I remember now.

It was called the twilight zone.

Hmm chapter 8 . 7/19/2015
Ah, such a little birdy that doesn't know how to fly.

Hmm chapter 7 . 7/19/2015
Ah, boys will be boys.

Hmm chapter 6 . 7/19/2015
Looks like we've got a mystery on our feet.

Hmm chapter 5 . 7/19/2015
Wonderland is starting to change into, forgot the show.

Ah well.