Reviews for The Devil Kept a Garden
Merklin chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Oh my gosh. This is so incredibly sad. I mean, it's a good story, but holy crap. I like Dean angst, but I think I may have died a little inside when I read this. I mean, I'm sure it's temporary (my internal death), but dang.
Thriving Willow chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I sat here for several seconds after I finished, thinking. And then I yelped, "Suck!"

Which, I believe, means I loved it. Of course, I can't resist me some good forgetful! Winchester, either.
Principessa Di Morte chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Well, crap. That's nice and angsty, isn't it? I love it, though. Beautifully written, really. It tugs on the heartstrings 'til they nearly snap, so harsh, but a wonderful, sad story. I'm an angst addict, I'll admit, and this? It's one of the best. Great job.
Autofilled chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Why is it that I can't read a single one of your fics without bursting into tears? You convey so well the emotions of the poor tortured characers that you might be reading, but you can see everything in your head (And now I sound insane...). Wow. Jsut wow. What are you doing writing Fanfiction? (Not that I don't love it but...) Your writing style is more captivating and soulfull than most books you see on stor shelves.

Anywho... Amazing story and I hope you write more.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Some truly stunning imagery and language used here, the first part of the story almost reflecting the simplicity of language often used in the Bible.

I loved how you managed to so easily convey "David"'s true identity without making it too obvious. And, wow, you really like to torture Dean don't you? Having him kill Sam twice? The David and Goliath analogy was perfect, because, just as you'd shown us who Dean really was without actually saying it, it was just as obvious who the "tall man" really was. And what would destroy Dean more than anything else? Killing his brother. And to do it TWICE? Wow, that's harsh!

Fabulous story - totally different to anything else I've read in this fandom. Well done!
annj chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Shouldn't have read that... Shouldn't have read that... Shouldn't have read that... Shouldn't have read that... Shouldn't have read that... I really shouldn't have read that!

This'll mean nightmares for a week. *wails*
Kaewi chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
I think you killed me a little with this story, but in that perfect way. Devastatingly beautiful, haunting... I don't even know what to say. Your writing is truly inspiring.
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
My gosh, this is truly wonderful! I remember the time when I read Golden Lights Go Out Tonight, I never ever forgot your pen name. I even wrote it down, favourited the story, recommended it, and revisited it like 100 times both at LJ and here. Gosh, that sounds so scary, but it's true. You have such a marvellous style of writing, such extraodinary plot lines, dialogue and scenes it's just truly amazing.

I was honestly so intrigued in the characters that I absolutely did not see that Dean's 'family' were actually demons. I never expected it, so that really shocked me. What an amazing, amazing piece. I hope I have boosted your confidence with this review, because you absolutely deserve it. ;)

Brilliant job. Perfection. Brilliance. I can't say enough.
FiremanPhil chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Your writing has a nice pace to it. With so much of this past season dealing with the Winchester's growing conflict with real evil, I am amazed so few stories have been written using actual Biblical underpinnings. I applaud you for taking the risk.
TraSan chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Wow - I have a feeling I'll be back to visit this story a couple of times to soak in all the nuances. The symbolism, the heartbreak, the absolute tragedy built into this story.

And yet, the underlying current of sacrifice of oneself for the greater good.

Beautifully told.
ChloeNyme chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
This was so heart-breaking! Beautifully written. Poor Dean, inadvertantly killing his brother twice. Oh and the scene where Michael takes over Sam's corpse sent shivers down my spine. How evil. Horror is definitely your genre. This is one of the best horror fics I've read.
carocali chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Oh my God! I have SO missed your writing! Wow!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the biblical implications throughout this, especially the reference to Peter. You really did some research to place the exact bible verse where it needed to go - I certainly applaud that effort! It makes the whole thing work a hundred times better!

I just don't even know where to start, and I don't want to put a lot of spoilers in here because this story truly needs to be read without prior knowledge. But I will say that David and Goliath was amazing and the tricks of the trade by the underworldly folk? Cain and Abel? Man oh man!

Another beautiful piece that tears out the heartstrings and brings to light - again - the willingness of these boys to sacrifice for each other! So very impressive!

Thanks for sharing!

wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Wha... Dean killed Sam *twice*? How could you do that?

This is... I have no words.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
These days I'm looking for something that's not dark, and this is EXTREMELY so, but it's a fabulous concept and extremely well executed. Just heart-breaking! Excellent job.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
WOW! Although I'm not much for religious themes I feel that it should be to each their own and I believe that goes in with creative liberties. I have got to say that everything chosen fits the story perfectly and the detail and angst are amazing. You did a beautiful job with this and the ending brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for the marvelous read.