Reviews for Familiar Territory
Tari Roo chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Just so touching on so many levels. I'd loved how in Bad Day at Blackrock that Sam regressed and Dean stepped up into Big Brother Supermode when the episode started with Sam all 'trying' to save Dean. And this one shot - really picks up on that theme.

Particullarly loved the references to Sammy's previous requests and Dean's compliance.

Great!
Diana chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I don't usually read one-shots but I love the beer 'verse so much I decided to give this a try. I loved it, I love how you make Sam such a little brother, the way he asks for things and big brother can't refuse him. I always like those moments on the show, it's so cute to see giant Sam still needing help or asking things with that little brother tone and puppy eyes.

Keep writing, please!
chemm80 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
I came over here on a rec on TWoP. This is one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite episodes. (Actually I just got back from the Dallas con and Jared said his favorite line ever was "I lost my shoe". Loved this little story, especially the flashbacks to their childhood and Dean's big brotherness. Nice one.
Kaoz chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Wow, this was so cute!

COuple of missing words here n there but I love the way u got the brothers behaving like brothers all over again.

The show sometimes cuts through the little things, small moments like this one but that's bc they dont have time.

This is great.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
snort and snicker. I totally enjoyed that. I especially loved Dean all up close and personal with the dirty ground that Sam wouldn't even put his sock clad foot on. Ha. The things that Dean has to put up with. I thought you characterized them very well - I love this epi. It inspired my own first fanfic story! :)
may7fic chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Oh, this was too adorable. *And* heartbreaking. An impressive combination and expertly executed.

You definitely captured Dean's exasperrated, adoring big-brotherliness that he exuded throughout this episode. Jensen's delivery was perfect, as was this!

Thank-you!
lembas7 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
4 AM, house-sitting from hell finally done! And a pressie for us! *grins* It's looking great! And hoorah that you're posting again! *huggles*

*off to sleep the day away, as it will start getting light in an hour . . .*
Balloons go POP chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
wow this was great, i know its suful when all reviewers say is that the post was great, but it really was...i swear. i can totally see Dean doing all those irritating things for Sam when they were kids, i did them lol. maybe you could write some more chapters with flashbacks to specific events, you know like climbing out of another sewer reminds him of climbing that tree to put back the baby bird. i'm off to check out your other stories, keep it up xo
gategirl7 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I really liked this scene. I've read a few takes on this missing part of the episode, but yours is my favorite! There was a lot of cuteness mixed in with big heaps of brotherly love and a touch of sadness towards the end. Wonderful job!
cheesewizpants24 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
As a big sister myself, I found this story to be dead on accurate. Great writing. You captured Dean and Sam perfectly!
Penny chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I love your take on the scene in that episode. Their brotherly bond is the best and great explanation for Sam's shoe suddenly returning in the next scene.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
great!
sairah chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Lovely missing scene. Dean's such a good older brother, all the things he's done beacause Sam "needed" them was lovely.
SciFiNutTX chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Very nice! Gives me warm fuzzies all over!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Aw that was lovely - and hilarious! Isn't Dean just the bestest big brother ever? Huh?

I hadn't actually noticed Sam had both his shoes back later in BDABR! Good excuse to watch it again!
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »