Reviews for Things That Go Bump in the Light
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
“Forget the Wildman! Let them deal with it if they’re so good at ganging up on things."

Dean stopped dressing to stare at him. “Dude, you’re scaring me here—usually you’re the one who’s all about the self-sacrifice and helping people.”

“Yeah, well, strangely enough, I don’t feel like helping people who try to kill my brother."

I loved Sam so much for this! protective, loving little brother Sam is almost as good as big brother Dean! :D

This was the kind of fic, that made all teary eyed form time to time because they are both so lost and insecure and it breaks my heart. :( But the ending and the warmth and love that you could feel through it all left me with a warm and happy feeling when it was done :)

Thank you! It totally made my day!
NC Girl chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
This is probably going to seem insignificant but, for me, this one sentence completely sent the ENTIRE scene: "For a small town, Champsfield had a lot of bars." It has been my experience that the town size-to-bar ratio can be a fairly accurate indicator of potential trouble. :)

But, of course, it's the touching but realistic accounts of compassion between the brothers that make your stories among my favorites.

And the whole Kirsten Dunst exchange made me laugh out loud!

“Really? Kirsten Dunst?”

Thank you, as always, for taking the time to write and post these great stories!
Von chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
*Ultimate love!*

:D

Fantastic story. The non-supernatural ones are as rare and enjoyable as the Sam-saves/expresses-love-for-Dean ones. :D Awesome stuff.
papergrape chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Poor Sam and Dean, dogged on all sides not only by the supernatural, and the law, but by mutton-headed small town boys as well!

I really do love watching the boys (in this story, Sam specifically) try to figure out just what it means to be partners (again?). I really thought Sam's struggles through this story to his final understanding of 'brother/partner/investment' in that "It doesn't matter" moment was superb. Your h/c is never gratuitous or without design!
HAP chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
I must admit that I have a secret love of these types of fics - you just don't expect them to be taken down by non-supernatural things, and I think it really shocks them when it happens. Especially Sam in this one - he sees his brother as such a hero that he forgot that he is also just a guy as well!

Loved it - especially the snark once Sam had found Dean and the fence had gotten the better of him! Hehe.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Very good story - "monsters I get..." - love when the brothers have to watch out for humans.

Thanks
Phx chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Small towns. Nothing like them. Unfortunately what happened to Dean does not surprise me - in fact I suspect it has happened to all of them on more than one occassion. Small towns (and I am from a small town so I can say it based on experience) are suspicious of strangers. Especially strangers who can beat their butts at pool or leave with a pretty local girl.

I loved how methodically Sam tracked Dean down. And how ruthless he can be when need be. However, as even Dean noted, it is not Sam's way of doing things so there is a cost invovled. A cost that made, IMO, Dean realize they needed the downtime.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
This story was the first one I ever read after my order from agent with style arrived. I loved it then and have enjoyed it since.

You captured the brothers voices and I could picture the 2 J's acting out the scenes. It was a wonderful stand alone, yet you did a great job referencing the show.

I loved how Sam knew something was wrong, though for a brief moment he thought Dean had left him. In the end, when he voiced that concern to Dean, it was his brother who was hurt, but everything did work out.

Sam was great as he followed the trail of people as he searched for Dean. I liked how Sam forced Kenny to tell him where he had left Dean. Always good to see protective little brother in action, 'Sam smiled bitterly to himself at the realization that the only thing that seemed to scare him anymore was losing the last loved one he still really had'

I had to smile when Sam found Dean, of course Dean would crack jokes to help Sam try not to worry, “Moving a little fast, aren’t you, honey?” Yet Sam can give it right back.

'Despite the fear nestling in his gut and along his spine, Sam rolled his eyes. “Oh, I don’t know, you sleep next to someone for a few years, you stop being shy. Does this hurt?”'

Loved Sam taking care of Dean and also planning some revenge on Kenny. Lesson to the bad guys, don't make little brothers mad. Yet I also liked how Sam's actions made Dean happy too.

I could picture Dean trying to stay awake waiting for Sam to come back from his hunt.

I'm so glad that you are sharing your stories with us on this site, thank you.

The other story, "Citizen Hunter" in this zine was also fun to read. In that one we get to see protective big brother in action, plus a nice mystery thrown in too.

I had ordered this collection of stories because a friend was having her story published and I enjoyed reading all of them except one (have no desire to ever read it again), yet three stories are my favorites and two of them are yours.

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us.

Sorry for the delay in the review. When I saw you had posted this story, I got my book out again and got sidetracked reading it again.

Take care.
supernaturalbuffy chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
like dean likes to say..."demons i get, people are just crazy." i think that just about sums it all up. good story.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Awesome piece of fanfic, well written and with great characterizations of the boys. I only would have liked some more details about the Wildman lore (no offence) since that was supposed to be the initial hunt, though not the main story.

Concerning Kenny and his friends, how could one possibly be so mean and cruel? Sammy was right, Dean could have gotten killed by the Wildman that night. Even if the towns-people didn't know what caused the strange deaths, leaving Dean tied to the fence could well have been a death sentence under the circumstances (and I'm not only talking about the supernatural causes) - they should have known that!

I understand both brothers' arguments about finishing the job at hand. Of course Dean's right, the Wildman had to be gotten rid of, but Sam had a point too thinking the people ungrateful and certainly not helping the situation by seriously injuring those who came to help out.

The whole 'you thought I left you behind' part really broke my heart on behalf of either Winchester boy. Despite his best efforts, Sam will truly never know how Dean must have felt during those long hours, not knowing if he was going to be found. And the younger man's guilt trip over even considering it (particularly with that outcome), will be hard to stomach too.

Leaving the bloodied shirt in Kenny's car, was a great idea to get back at him some but I really hoped they'd return some time later and beat the crap out of the trouble-makers together - they'd surely deserve it for jumping anyone 1 to 5!

Sorry, I might have gotten carried away a bit with my review. To my defence, your fic got me all worked up, which is really a compliment to your fine writing skills and imaginative story.
Nilah chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Loved this one. One of my favourites. You just seemed to touch the right chord of vulnerability on Dean's part, and I loved tough guy, protective Sam.

You're always a good read. You pack just enough plot, hurt, angst and comfort into a nice, neat package.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
As much as I love hurt Sam, it's great to see him saving Dean for a change. So often we're shown how Sam relies on his big brother, but Dean seldem seems to need Sam to get him out of scrapes. So - yay! for kick-ass-Sammy! :)

Great job on tying their abandonment issues into it all. Where characterization is concerned you win. Every time.
may7fic chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Enjoyed this one immensely. *Loved* how rough Sammy was with Kenny. Shades of John coming through, no doubt (as well as Dean).

The banter, dialogoe and unspoken dialogue was spot on, as we've grown to expect from you ;). Lovely stuff!
Lilly Emerald chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
really liked it
EmmelleN chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Another well written story, in character and very much like a season one episode.
60 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »