Reviews for Things That Go Bump in the Light
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Yet another great story! The way Dean acted when Sam found him was, well, so very Dean-ish. Great work!
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Fantastic love! This was a gorgeous, fun and heart-thumping one-shot!

*hugs*

Mandy
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Hehe. Yeah. I am back. I am loving this biweekly posting thing you have going on :) I read this one this morning... thought about it all day.. and had to read one more time before going to sleep. It is so funny the things that stick with you - this was the sentence that I couldn't get out of my head: "Dean flinched away from his sudden arrival, and Sam slowed as he knelt and reached for him." Great image. Well put. Easy to visualize. Hm... it is the little things that get me. Great job!
bhoney chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Wow. This story was MADE of AWESOME. I LOVED it!

I'm a complete sucker for a determined, butt-kicking Sam desperate to protect and save his brother, and you write him really well.

Loved this: "Dean could have autographed the guy’s face and it wouldn’t have been any more obviously his work." Yeah, that's our Dean. Never goes down without a fight! Glad he inflicted some damage. Even more glad that Sam broke that jerk's finger. I was a little surprised to see him go that far, but it made perfect sense in the way you presented it. This totally struck me: "Dean’s life was just a game to these jerks, when it was all Sam had left." Wow. Stark. Honest. Desperate. Totally explains the finger breakage.

And I love the subtle injections of humor, always: "If that was what it took, Sam would never complain about it again. Well, at least for a few days, anyway."

"Sam smiled bitterly to himself at the realization that the only thing that seemed to scare him anymore was losing the last loved one he still really had. He wondered not for the first time if he would have sought Dean out after Jess died if his brother hadn’t come to him first." Loved this. Not just for the Stanford balm, but also the admission that Dean is really the last person Sam has to hold onto, the most important person in his life. Nice.

Loved the conversation when Sam finally found Dean, the way he allows Dean to maintain his big brother image, and makes it easy for him to accept his help: “So maybe I’ll just give you a hand, since I’m already here, okay? What else hurts besides your ribs?” And then, of course, have to love the banter: “Moving a little fast, aren’t you, honey?” “Oh, I don’t know, you sleep next to someone for a few years, you stop being shy.” *g*

Love little moments like this, that show how in-tune the boys are with each other: "He was struggling to open the water bottle without being obvious about it. Without looking over, Sam pulled out another bottle, opened it and took a swig, then passed it to Dean." And again, Sam handles things beautifully-allows Dean to keep his pride, but still manages to give him the help he needs and that Sam needs to give.

Sam getting freaked out all over again over the Wildman approaching Dean, and then sitting watch over Dean while he slept was really sweet. I have to say-I was kinda with Sam on the whole "leaving the jerks to fend for themselves with the monster" front. Glad Dean talked him (and me) out of that. It was sweet when he was giving Sam all the instructions on hunting it alone. Glad he showed that he trusted Sam's skills enough to let him go alone.

I was cheering Sam on that he planted Dean's shirt in Kenny's car. Hope that makes his life REALLY miserable, cuz he still got off lightly, if you ask me. Loved Dean's reaction to that.

Hope Dean and Sam really do take that few days off-you could write us a fic about it! :)

And I loved this: "...the lines between what he and Dean needed had blurred a lot those last few months. Dean’s welfare, like his search for Dad, had become Sam’s own...Apparently they were stuck with each other for the duration, but that was still just starting to sink in. But since Dean was leery of outright promises like the one he’d made to Sam, Sam had to find other ways to say it." So nice, to see how they've really come together and bonded, and that Sam is trying to find ways to let Dean know that he's not going to leave him again.

*happy sigh* I have to say, this is a new favorite. I'm adding it to the list, in case the long love letter I just wrote to your fic didn't make that clear. ;)
carocali chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I love how you tapped into Sam's anger because someone hurt his brother. This trait has become more prevalent in season 3 (were you channeling kripke when you wrote this?) but Sam can be just as nasty as Dean if it comes down to someone threatening his family!

And poor Dean - talk about wrong place, wrong time. At least the locals were just stupid and trying to protect their own. Although, they did take it a step or two too far. Interesting the Wildman didn't care for Dean; perhaps he only likes the local fare.

Another great jaunt in the lives of the boys!

:D

Caroline
lili20 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
What a good attention-getting-sentence you got there "Dean was gone". I could see Dean's expressions and everything from Sam's point of view. I totally loved big brother Dean giving Sam "a look that made him blush". Nice story, thank you.
Zaphire chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Little brother Sammy to the rescue, wow, sammy can be just as scary as dean when his brother is in danger

“Moving a little fast, aren’t you, honey?”

Despite the fear nestling in his gut and along his spine, Sam rolled his eyes. “Oh, I don’t know, you sleep next to someone for a few years, you stop being shy.

I CRACKED UP AT THOSE LINES :)

And for anyone who has heard of the brotherhood fanzine, there are some great stories written there by our favorite author K Hannah, so if you were thinking of checking them out, go for it.
girlfan1979 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
You know, I really liked this!

Interesting plot and characterisations, and just feels so. freaking. true.
Katiki chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Oh, thanks. It's so nice to have your fics to look forward to, what with Dean in Hell, the Hiatus from Hell, unsettling news from Kripke, sad news from Jared...*sigh*

This story was thoroughly engrossing. I loved Dean's philosophical reaction to the civvies being "stupid and scared," like he's resigned to being rewarded with mistreatment and injustice when he's risking his life to save people. And I loved the contrast with Sam's reaction, who was still very much in character in how he decided to sic the cops on Kenny instead of more drastic retributions, but was nonetheless pushed to anger and violence in his desperation to find Dean.

My favourite sentence from this story: "...and despair had settled in his body like silt."

I'll be back on Wednesday! :)
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I really enjoyed it! It's nice to see Sammy take care of Dean once in awhile! :)
sylia91 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
"Demons I get, people are just crazy" Loved the role reversal with Sammy being the protector. He can be quite ruthless when Dean is involved eh? Great fic as always!
luvjase chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Another lovely piece of work. Loved how you showed Sam's love is as fierce for his brother as Dean's is for him. And all the little ways they say how much they mean to each other without using words. Good point about trusting each other with their lives, but not their insecurities. Loved the crack about "moving a little fast." Thanks once again. Can't wait til the next one!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Excellent new story!

I was so scared for Dean when Sam was looking for him. How cruel human can get? Like Dean said: "Monsters I get, humans are just crazy!"
Ciya chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Dean's three B's - breathing, built, and not exactly bashful. LOL! Sam leaving Dean's torn, bloody shirt in the dude's car and calling the cops is a great payback.
My heart beats only for you chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I love fics about non supernatural things hurting the boys. Sam going all "Bourne Supremacy" on some dudes was pretty good too.
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »