Reviews for Things That Go Bump in the Light
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Great story again, so fitting with Season 1 when the boys kept things to more to themselves - Sam not willing to share his nightmares about Jess and here Dean not willing to share his nightmare with Sam. At this point in time there were things that they needed to keep close to their chests.

Nice again that there was no demon involved, and indirectly nothing supernatural either, as it was humans who did the damage to Dean and not the wildman! Typical that Dean would want to finish off the wildman to stop it hurting anyone else but untypical of Sam to be hesitant at first! Not surprising Sam finished it off himself, there was no way he was going to risk Dean getting injured again!

Loved the payback with Sam leaving Dean's torn and bloody shirt in Kenny's car, guess it will let him know just what he thought of him hurting his brother!

Great ending, some downtime is just what they need!

Superb story, so in character and a very entertaining read, thanks!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Another nice trip back to the simpler times. Great development of Sam from worrier to man of action but with the ever present history he carries and his need for Dean prevalent.

Love your Hurt!Comfort!

As per usual your dialoge was great - the kind of sparing brotherly shorthand that tells so much. Loved penultimate para with Sam expecting teasing but getting approval.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I'm all about waking first thing sunday morning to a new story... you could spoil me! Great job on this one and you did a great job not getting to fluffy for we know those boys first season so werent into caring and sharing. great job
Visionairy chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
I'm so glad that you're putting up your zine stories! This one was great! I really enjoy reading all of your postings, I can't wait to read the next one!
PADavis chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Oh, this was great, just great. A vengeful Sam is a very hot Sam in my book. And the bloody shirt - like the dead fish under the back seat, troublesome but nothing (except the smell) would last forever. I particularly liked that Dean didn't have a caustic comment for Sam at the end but instead perhaps realized and appreciated that Sam was looking out for him.

Looking forward to Weds and Thursday now!

Phoebe
TraSan chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
As usual your ability to capture the heart of what the boys were feeling during certain time-frames, how it affected their actions, etc. is beyond impressive.

This felt so much like season one it made me want to crack out my DVD's and enjoy that time period all over again.

Thanks for writing!
Mirrordance chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
This is really very, very good. I love the subtle dark shift in Sam, its very characteristic, and anyway you've always done these guys very well. On another note, you're so prolific. Thanks for churning out stories of quantity and, rarer still, quality all the time. Great job!
Rat chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
There is a lot that I love about this fic, where do i start? Thinking of Dean out there all day... poor guy. I love the bravado when Sam did find him. and I love the banter between them. And the scary!sam who searches for his brother was great too. And where Sam finds the wildman and wakes it up first, that was powerful. Great fic!
snchills chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Fabulous story, I really loved it.
Ash8 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Wonderful. Wonderful. I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw you had posted another story.

The way the boys interact with each other is perfect.

Thanks so much for sharing.
authoressnebula chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Absolutely fantastic, as always. I love how you keep your characters not just in line with the show, but with your own fics as well. That makes your fics totally canon for me. As far as I'm concerned, this happened. _

Sam acting like Dean through worry, and Dean recognizing the lengths Sam'll go to keep him safe and protect him LOVE. But then, all of your fics are love.

And don't worry about not being able to read my fics at ALL. I know how busy life can be, and I'm ecstatic that you can manage to post on Sundays and Wednesdays like you said you would. Seriously; I check back all the time to read new fics and reread old favorites. _

Fantastic work as ever sweetie; hope the summer heat doesn't melt you! (I live in Virginia; s'hot already. Yes.)

Nebula
calcium77 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Loved it! Your stories are like chocolate chip cookies...Yummy, sweet and I can't get enough of them. I don't think your stories are bad for me though...so they are better than the cookies!

kat
Merisha chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
WOW great oneshot ... I love the brotherly interactions ... the whole story was fantastic. Nice change to have a bunch of a-holes messing with the boys instead of a fugly LOL ;0) - And hurt Dean is my fav! So thanks for making my day! LOL ;0)

Hugs

Merisha ;0)
staceycj chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
You are awesomely good at capturing the first season. Awesomely good at it. Their desire to never speak to each other about anything that needed said to the way Dean is still pretty much in still hunting alone mode. Great job again!
ames 449 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Oh that was really good. I enjoyed that lots. I love Sam when he's in little brother protective mode. Its one of the things on the show that we definitely dont see enough of. I loved how you wrote Dean in this too. He could have limbs missing and would still pretend to be ok. I think we might all just make it through the summer with your stories dude. Thanks so much for sharing :)
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4