Reviews for Memory Lane
Nikki chapter 22 . 7/13/2014
Might be long after you first published this, but due to your recent publishings, I see you're still active and checking this account. Firstly, I want to commend you on how beautifully written this entire story was. I must admit I found it hard to picture Bishop saying and doing the things he did while his memory was gone but that's to be expected. Whenever you wrote him in character, though, as his old bastard self, I had no problems seeing him in my mind's eye. As for the ending, despite the part of me that's screaming its disagreement inside, I have to agree that it definitely was the best way to end it and I commend you on being a good enough writer to finish it with style and in a believable way. It might have left my heart clenching, but I suppose that's the best you can ask for in a truly well-written fanfic. I'll definitely be reading the rest of your fics and hopefully you might write that sequel one day, I know that I would definitely be one of the surely many that would devour it with open arms. Keep writing! :)
AnonymousInkBlot chapter 22 . 7/7/2010
I loved it to start with, and I think you ended it perfectly, I don't believe it coould have ended differently and still been realistic. I'm also really glad that(someday), there will be a sequel-I'll be looking for it.
Gaspode chapter 22 . 2/15/2010
Well, I certainly agree that it couldn't have ended any other way, at that time. I'm happy though to see you might follow up on this story. I mean, poor Lana deserves some closure and Bishop is smart enough to realise there's something fishy going on here. I doubt he'd be able to leave it be. Given a bit of time he might even find some of his 'other self' somewhere in the dark pit of his soul, maybe...

The story was well written and a really interesting idea. It is a bit of an irony that Bishop, the ultimate misogynist in many ways, would be at the mercy of such a woman. The subject of male rape is not a common one and I thought you handled it well (although a man might disagree, who knows).

My one objection is that even assuming Bishop looses all the bad memories that make him into the bad tempered, unbalanced and half psychotic character he is, I still can't see him as a 'soft and gentle' man. I still imagine him to have quite a temper, have a sharp tongue and a dark sense of humour. He wouldn't be unpleasant, just not too soft either. I realise it is hard to separate what is the Bishop haunted by his past and what is simply personality traits that he would have had anyway. This is of course a matter of personal preferences but I can't help but to think that even 'nice' Bishop would have a bit of an edge.

This did not stop me from enjoying the story immensely however and I'd read any follow up story, soft Bishop or not.
Samantha-Girl Scout chapter 22 . 12/27/2009
Dang it... I hate open endings too... Grar... So very frustrating! I really liked nice Bishop too... I really liked how you were able to capture Sand's and Kelgar's voices by the way! I could actually 'hear' Sand's voice when he showed up... :D

KEEP WRITING!

~Sam
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 22 . 11/17/2009
oh, one more comment, actually 2 more. 1) I thought the part where Lana imitates Bishop "No amount of gold can buy my thoughts." I laughed outright at that, that was funny and was pleased to see Bishop thought it was funny as well. 2) Liked the ending as I think it was appropriate and a 'happily ever after' just would not do for this story. You wrote a good ending.
BlueRoseofWinter chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
My, this was a side of Bishop I thought I'd never see. I certainly wasn't expecting it, to tell the truth. Part of me kept expecting it to be some cruel joke on his part. LOL I read the entire story from beginning to end without pause, it was that good. I am adding this to my favorites. That Jaluth character was definitely creepy to say the least. And your description of the piece of her soul seems right on, considering the source. Think she suffered a bit as part of her essence was destroyed? Anyway, excellent story and I liked Bishop's tender side but I also like SOME of his darker nature. I kept having this image in my head of the gentle caring side of him disappear to be replaced by the Bishop of old, after he was free of Garius's geas hold on him, as his expression gets darker and he reverts back to his old self. You wrote that part really well and I could "see" it in my head, even if you didn't actually describe it like that. Good work, hope to see more.
Kizie chapter 22 . 10/4/2009
This is one of the best stories I've ever read. I especially loved the ending. It fit perfectly with the story, and any attempt to make it conventionally happy wouldn't have worked well. I hope you have time for the sequel soon!
bublinka chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Exiting, capturing story. Really could not leave it away, before reading to the end. you promised sequel, i'm wating ;))
Soulhost chapter 22 . 12/25/2008
omg! Sad ending! D: but I was laughing my rear off with some of the things! XD I think my favorite part was when poor Khelgar had to check for the tattoo ~snickers~ I had first thought it was the neck, until...~grins~ yeah...anyways, I loved your story! And hope you can work on the sequel someday! :D you did an awesome job on the story! Keep up the awesome work on all your other stories!.
femensqueterror chapter 22 . 12/17/2008
Actually I thought that was a good ending, kind of like the ending to a good movie. I like what you did with the ending because the only way they could have been together was if he reverted to himself without his memories. Open endings I think do much more for a reader/watcher and encourages conversion and ultmately...FANFICTION lol. But a fanfiction about a fanfiction would be crazy. _ Well happy writing, I enjoyed this story very much!
Dawn Moon chapter 22 . 12/17/2008
Hehehe...it's on his ass! I loved the "interaction" between Khelgar and Bishop! FUNNY!

Not a bad ending at all. Made me cry, and that's good! I'm glad you managed to soften Bishop up enough to thank her, but not enough to make it mushy. But...I had hoped for an actual conflict between the Black Bitch and our heroes. Oh well. Perhaps later...

I certainly HOPE for a sequel. You're too good not to. And I'm not being an over-elaborate fanfiction reviewer either, you really are good at this.
Adrienne Valentine chapter 22 . 12/17/2008
Curse you! I love it, the ending and all. A bit anti-climatic since all the resolution is in one chapter, buts oh well. I was totally hoping for at least some sort of romance...

You seem to like leaving Bishop all in the dark and everything. :( All by his lonesome. Poor Bishop. lol
SkadiTheEvilElf chapter 22 . 12/17/2008
One does not need a happy ending to have a GOOD ending. You gave it a bittersweet, open ending, which is great. Bishop was freed from the geas, but Lana was still lost for her Casavir and the man Bishop had been when she didn't remember. And she grew up and changed a bit as a person as well.

Its an open ending, and everyone's fates are now their own to make.

I have enjoyed this story thoroughly, and while am rather sad to see it end, I am happy to see it ended well.

I look forward to reading any other works you may write!
Red Nightfall chapter 22 . 12/17/2008
:o

Wow! That ending hit me in the face like a sack of bricks. Nice Bishop is gone for good! :weeps:

Misery notwithstanding, it was an excellent chapter, one of the best. The description of the ritual was particularly good. I'd love to know whether Jaluth could feel it when the piece of her soul was destroyed.

In a way the ending itself was even more heartbreaking than if the ritual had just destroyed them all, though I couldn't agree more that it's the only fitting end - a brave choice, but the right one ;)

I'll keep an eye out for those sequels you mentioned!